The Writer's Block

The Writer's Block (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/index.php)
-   Free advice (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Your emotional venting thread. I'll explain. (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/showthread.php?t=2095)

L.S.Trendom 01-30-2013 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaryElizabeth (Post 415941)
Can we all just soar to Neverland and forget thoughts of leaving?

YES.

moonbeam 01-30-2013 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandy (Post 415778)
"There's no reason to leave..."
http://5minutebible.com/wp-content/u...ce-300x226.jpg

(*hopes that pic shows up*)

*...pic does not show up...* XD But thanks

lvhamsters 01-30-2013 12:29 PM

Adflasjdfladkjflasdf.
Oh brother.
He told me I've cause him a lot of pain over the years. So I asked him to name one thing. He couldn't name anything.
Hypocrite.
He doesn't know what happens . . .

Bex 01-30-2013 02:41 PM

adfghjkl I'm starting high school today o_0
I'm at the same time scared and excited.
Scared- it's HIGH school. Full of loud, noisy, brutal, huge, TEENAGERS(i really hate noise)
Excited- It's high SCHOOL. Full of tests and fun reading and writing activities. Seriously, one reading class had a list of options they could do when reading hunger games and one of them was act out, film and edit a short hunger games film. IN a writing class, one group wrote and PUBLISHED a horror story as part of thier grade, and when I went to the orientation, the science students SET MY HANDS ON FIRE AND I DIDN'T FEEL A THING! I FELT LIKE A FIRE BENDER!
So, does anyone have any tips?

TheAshWolf 01-30-2013 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bex (Post 416137)
Scared- it's HIGH school. Full of loud, noisy, brutal, huge, TEENAGERS(i really hate noise)
Excited- It's high SCHOOL. Full of tests and fun reading and writing activities. Seriously, one reading class had a list of options they could do when reading hunger games and one of them was act out, film and edit a short hunger games film. IN a writing class, one group wrote and PUBLISHED a horror story as part of thier grade, and when I went to the orientation, the science students SET MY HANDS ON FIRE AND I DIDN'T FEEL A THING! I FELT LIKE A FIRE BENDER!

Tips:
Don't let anything anyone says get to you. That includes what the teachers say.
Don't stress over grades too much.
As cliche as it sounds, be yourself, and there's a good chance you'll find a group of really great friends.
Try to keep a notebook list of all the assignments that are due that week, and on what day.

TheMoonWakedWolf 01-30-2013 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bex (Post 416137)

Okay. Yeah. So. I'm not in high school, but having two brothers that were/are in high school and having been there multiple times, I think what I've gathered should be pretty good advice.
  1. Find a group/club that you know you'll enjoy (marching band, show choir, student council, whatever) and stick with it. You'll make new friends with the same interests as you, and you'll have more to brag about on a resume/college application (depending on the club/group).
  2. Try to meet some upperclassmen. Again, marching band/show choir/student council/any club/group with a variety of grades is a good way to do this.
  3. Don't overload yourself or stress over grades. A little challenge is good, but you don't want to struggle or become overwhelmed with your work.
  4. Be honest-- with yourself and with others. If you didn't get your homework done, admit it to both your teacher and yourself so you'll get it finished next time. Don't start rumors about your friends/get into drama. It might be difficult, depending on the kind of people you hang with, but just attempt to stay out of that nitty-gritty stuff.
  5. PLAN AHEAD. Whether it's from just getting your schedule together or deciding on a college, don't always go with the flow. If you want to set up a good future for yourself, make sure you prepare for it first. It doesn't matter if you don't know what you want to do-- if you want to be successful in any way, set yourself up for it.
  6. Don't slack in any year. Don't let yourself dumb down. Always keep on trying to climb up at a pace that suits you.
  7. Do what you want, not what your friends want. That could be one of your worst mistakes in high school.
  8. Have fun. High school is what you're going to remember for the rest of your life-- enjoy it!

M'kay.
I think that's good.
Yeah.
Cool.

MaryElizabeth 01-30-2013 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.S.Trendom (Post 416039)

I love that song. :D:D

HeatherB 01-30-2013 06:00 PM

do
not
eat

L.S.Trendom 01-30-2013 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HeatherB (Post 416237)
do
not
eat

fucking eat.
if you don't eat, why should I?

@Mary Elizabeth: That song's sort of my life :P

cheezemziez 01-30-2013 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HeatherB (Post 416237)
do
not
eat

do
eat

You've got to be strong about this, Heather.