The Writer's Block

The Writer's Block (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/index.php)
-   Free advice (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Your emotional venting thread. I'll explain. (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/showthread.php?t=2095)

maxi 11-06-2012 01:08 AM

Thanks. XP Would you like a link to the edited version?

maxi 11-06-2012 01:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pluzzle (Post 359849)
Yes please :D

http://www.kidpub.com/book-page-or-c...ited-747129811

TheAshWolf 11-06-2012 01:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maxi (Post 359655)
ASDFGHJKL
I am finishing the un-edited version of my novella today (Future Wars Book 1). :DDD

Oh em pea jay, you're finishing it TODAY? O.O Congrats, Max!!!!!! :D What an accomplishment!!!

maxi 11-06-2012 01:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheAshWolf (Post 359854)
Oh em pea jay, you're finishing it TODAY? O.O Congrats, Max!!!!!! :D What an accomplishment!!!

No, I have been past that. :D
I FINISHED it today. :D I can't believe it. This is the last post of Un-edited version of Book 1: http://www.kidpub.com/book-page-or-c...ears-making-sp

LaurenM 11-06-2012 01:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moogle (Post 359580)
No, no. I LOVE writing, it's amazing, I just hate the social aspect of it. I don't know if it's only me, but because of writing I have no frickin idea of who I am. I have no attitude. I realized this about six months ago, and it really really annoys me. My attitude and how I act depends completely on the main character in what I am working on. So, like, for the one I would be working on if it weren't for NaNo she is sweet, nice, sensitive, and somewhat outgoing. I loved being her. It helped me make friends in a new school, and I was no longer as shy as I used to be. But now that NaNo has started the mc is super bold, and acts before thinking. So that's how I'm acting. I hate it so so so much. I'm trapped by my characters, and I don't have my own personality. It sucks.


No. Haha though it is in a really intense scene right now and I'm just murdering it.... D:
Likada gifs

It'd be great if I had my character's personality.
Anyway, I left my USB in the classroom, but oh well. It's not like I'll be able to write something AND go on KidPub in, like, ten minutes.

TheAshWolf 11-06-2012 01:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moogle (Post 359580)
No, no. I LOVE writing, it's amazing, I just hate the social aspect of it. I don't know if it's only me, but because of writing I have no frickin idea of who I am. I have no attitude. I realized this about six months ago, and it really really annoys me. My attitude and how I act depends completely on the main character in what I am working on. So, like, for the one I would be working on if it weren't for NaNo she is sweet, nice, sensitive, and somewhat outgoing. I loved being her. It helped me make friends in a new school, and I was no longer as shy as I used to be. But now that NaNo has started the mc is super bold, and acts before thinking. So that's how I'm acting. I hate it so so so much. I'm trapped by my characters, and I don't have my own personality. It sucks.

I've had that happen to me before...it's like my characters wipe out my own personality and I get caught up in theirs instead...o__o it's creepy...thank GOSH it never last very long for me....

Cherrybomb 11-06-2012 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CosmoCat (Post 359639)
Wow, life is really bugging me right now...and that's putting it lightly. A boy from youth group was in a car accident and I don't know why I'm so darn concerned about it becuase he's okay and he's making the best of it. And I'm not showing anyone but my sisters my drawings becuase no one else respects them...and if they don't take my feelings seriously when they say something, I won't show my drawings to ANYONE BUT MYSELF. Everything anyone says about the pictures, I take seriously, so nobody gets to see them becuase they don't understand what their words are doing to me!!! I just got a flu shot in my left arm and blood taken from the same arm so it's pretty sore (typing isn't helping). I had a bad experience with taking blood when I was little and I burst into tears every time it's mentioned. I'm behind in school work and doing two Geometry lessons in one day is starting to be too much. I can't seem to sleep very well for some reason; I keep waking up and staring at the ceiling for hours on end. I don't have time to bake anymore becuase this stupid schoolwork, especially Spanish, is taking up every little bit of my weekend. I can't stand to be around people right now because they annoy me too darn much. I'm about to yell at my mom becuase she is making me feel worse every time she tries to make me feel better. When I get in the shower, I'm probably going to cry becuase nobody will notice/care then.

*magically poofs over to your house, does your homework, helps you draw some characters, tunes your ukulele, buys you dozens of professional markers, teaches you how to keep focused, and helps you write some stories* *hugs*

magsiscool 11-06-2012 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cherrybomb (Post 359919)
*magically poofs over to your house, does your homework, helps you draw some characters, tunes your ukulele, buys you dozens of professional markers, teaches you how to keep focused, and helps you write some stories* *hugs*

AW WOAH 0_0. I need help with that xD

CosmoCat 11-06-2012 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cherrybomb (Post 359919)
*magically poofs over to your house, does your homework, helps you draw some characters, tunes your ukulele, buys you dozens of professional markers, teaches you how to keep focused, and helps you write some stories* *hugs*

Thanks so much! *hugs* I'm feeling kind of better, but for some reason my days start out okay and end badly...and my mom still isn't helping. But thanks anyway! :o

HeatherB 11-06-2012 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HeatherB (Post 358400)
What do you want to do, Heather? What do you want? What is your life? Why can't you do anything? I want to do something. I want to make an impact. My life is shit. I wish I could do something. I don't know if I can do anything. I want to be famous, but not in the weird paparazzi-stalked way--I want to inspire people, I want to be amazed and be amazing. It's too much to ask. I'm already so lucky. I have a wonderful supportive family and I don't look too bad and I have a family in my friends and my circus. I don't want to ask for anymore than I have, but I want--I want things. I want less clothes and more time to think. I want less food and more hunger, hunger that will fuel me. I want a drive, I want to find something--anything, I want to make. I want to make everything and I want to make beauty. When I was eleven years old it was only a few days after my birthday when I stepped out of the shower and I felt truly clean. I was calm and at ease with myself. It was acceptance: I am a writer. But now... now I want to be more. It's never enough to be what I am now, I've got to be bigger, better. But I'm no good at working hard. I am goddamn awful at it, in fact. I procrastinate and over-analyze things that are off-topic, I can't do anything in my spare time but stalk celebrities. I look up to them because they are my goal, my dream: bigger and better and beautiful. That's what I want to be. I guess everyone wants to be that, I don't know. I want to get out of my home and see the world but at the same time I know I could never leave. I want to do something outrageously bold but I know I can't because I'm a coward. I can't step up to anything, I take no initiative, and then I pity myself. I can't do that anymore. I need to change--but I don't know how. And then I spend all my days on the computer, which of course is helpful. I used to read so much, and my parents told me to stop reading all the time. Now I do this. Addiction, whatever. But back to realizations... now it's different. I don't just want to write. I want to sing. I want to act. I want to possibly not fail at dancing, if that's even possible. I want to make, to create. I want to make my own little worlds and I want to make this one even better. I don't want to wait. I want to run somewhere. I know more than ever that I'm alone--I realized that last night--but I want to be okay with that. I want to be completely lost in a huge crowd of people, all talking and laughing and changing around me, just lost, but it's all right because every single person there is my home. Does that make sense? Do I make sense? I just want to live. I don't feel like I'm doing this right sometimes--too much want, and humans are so fragile, so, so fragile--the dance proved that, yesterday, why do people do these things? Why are they so stupid? Fights get started and all I want to know is "Why?" But no one thinks about that, no one thinks at all anymore, and so maybe I shouldn't think either. I want to run and run and swing so high I can feel the moon on my shoulders and I want to breathe and I want to live. Is that so much to ask?

I want to DO something. Goddammit.
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeatherB (Post 358712)
Life can be an awful waste of time.
People hurt each other so much.
And people break much too easily.
I could be broken, right now.
I probably am.
At least I'm not dead.
Small consolation.

Why can't I stop crying? And FEELING? Can the pain ever stop? And I'm not happy. I know that now. I didn't before, I thought it would pass, I thought it would be fine; I'm NOT FINE.
Quote:

Originally Posted by LaurenM (Post 358725)
Join the club.
I'm always so scatterbrained, often forget things and am irresponsible--I realise what my mother said was true. I wonder what I can do when I grow up.
I don't want to.

Same.

HeatherB 11-06-2012 09:30 PM

my life is extremely fucked up. not that everyone else's isn't, or that i have a special right to complain, i'm just stating a fact. my emotions are out of control. i can't do anything properly. i don't understand anything, i just follow the patterns and follow the crowd and follow, follow, fucking FOLLOW. i want to do something more than follow but i can't because i've been following all my life and if i stop now i won't even know what to fucking do. i'm seriously just a pet to my parents. i'm a little dog they feed, buy random shit for, occasionally dress, etc., etc. but i don't get it. i had such a good relationship with my parents and i was proud of it and i don't even know where that fucking time WENT. it just disappeared and i don't know if it was gradual or all at once because i didn't even notice at first that i wasn't telling them shit. i wasn't telling them anything anymore and we weren't friends and maybe breaking up with your parents is worse than breaking up with your boyfriend (not that i would know) because parents you actually RELY on. but i can't do anything right anymore and i can't fix anything worth a shit and i just want to give up. giving up is the best option right now. because sometimes when i'm bored and in the car with my dad i still talk to him and we were talking about what provokes suicide one day (yes, our topics are always like that, it's normal for us, at least that hasn't changed even if my emotions have) and i was saying how in some cases it's acceptable: like when you feel you are really alone, when you feel you mean nothing, are worthless. when the only option is to disappear for good because you don't exist anyways. suicide is all about it NOT MATTERING. and i don't really feel like i matter anymore. people still talk to me and trust me with stuff but at school i only really get involved in stuff to feel like i'm important, like i'm worth something. because otherwise it would be so, so easy to just give up. but no, i'm trying. i'm grasping at the little things because the big things i just don't get anymore. the little things are keeping me alive right now but i don't want to live that way. i want to be big and spontaneous and awesomely beautiful and right now i'm kind of just feeling like gum on a shoe, no one really wants me around but they're too lazy to pick me off. and i KNOW that's not true, that's the worst part of it--i know i'm loved and special and MATTER, blah blah blah. i know all that. yet i can't stop myself from feeling this way, like i'm emotionally unstable, a volcano due to erupt any minute and anyone who's in the way, watch out. which i guess is mostly my parents. they've been most in the way when my emotional torrents are released and i guess that's partially why we're drifting. that and i'm a 'teenager,' shit, blah blah whatever, 'take care of yourself because i don't fucking care anymore,' blah blah blah. and that's another problem: my parents always were hovering and overbearing and now they're trying to stop. which i would be perfectly okay with except for this emotional shit which is completely weighing me down and i need someone to dump it on and i tried for that to be my parents. but now they're all 'blah blah high school blah blah initiative blah blah take care of yourself blah blah shit.' so that's not really helpful. my friends... guys, don't feel guilty. i haven't been telling you this for a reason. mainly, i HATE being a burden. and even when i need to vent desperately it's super-hard because i just don't like burdening people. this thread was my escape from that for awhile, then my dad banned computer times going past my laptop curfew and my life got really fucking busy, as in, HIGH SCHOOL busy, and i just didn't have the time so there was all this emotional sludge draining around in me, pushed to one side and kind of just left there looking gray, like old snow. so please, please don't feel guilty about this. it's not your fault. it's mine. and you're hopefully not going to read this anyways, so whatever. but my relationship status with my emotions right now is stuck permanently on 'it's complicated.' i just don't know how to change that.

11-06-2012 09:37 PM

This is how I feel right now....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-2iDdR9ihg

IDGAF about the haters right now. :D

LaurenM 11-07-2012 02:21 AM

I don't know why that I'm ALWAYS the person people like to prank. It's aggravating. And what's more aggravating is that I keep falling for it.

maxi 11-07-2012 02:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LaurenM (Post 360339)
I don't know why that I'm ALWAYS the person people like to prank. It's aggravating. And what's more aggravating is that I keep falling for it.

e_e Don't worry; they just want attention. If you ignore them, try to walk away or yell your feelings at them, you feel better. ^_^

LaurenM 11-07-2012 02:26 AM

Nope. They're my friends.
I'm very sensitive, too. Like the time my friend took my book away and I didn't notice. I was scrabbling at my schoolbag and she was laughing on top of the stairs.

maxi 11-07-2012 02:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LaurenM (Post 360348)
Nope. They're my friends.
I'm very sensitive, too. Like the time my friend took my book away and I didn't notice. I was scrabbling at my schoolbag and she was laughing on top of the stairs.

They're your friends?! Now, that's just mean.
I am SUPER sensitive. :( People say that I'm either an idiot or a retard and I get really irritated and kick them. ;_; I don't get why they have to be so...mean, cruel.
I'm sorry for you. T_T Don't mind 'em, Lauren. I feel the same way too.

maxi 11-07-2012 03:23 AM

WRITERS are supposed to write new story ideas and collect information from other authors for ideas. =_= Then, there is me; the person who is sitting at my laptop, thinking of a new idea that will be a classic on KidPub...and I am failing. ._. I AM trying to do it but it just won't come. Blehdkasdsa. ~_~ I need to try to think. I have been sitting here for a few hours and still, nothing will come to me. It just...#_# It makes me look like a crappy writer, just sitting here, mind blank.

LaurenM 11-07-2012 03:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maxi (Post 360350)
They're your friends?! Now, that's just mean.
I am SUPER sensitive. :( People say that I'm either an idiot or a retard and I get really irritated and kick them. ;_; I don't get why they have to be so...mean, cruel.
I'm sorry for you. T_T Don't mind 'em, Lauren. I feel the same way too.

The thing is...pranking isn't considered mean. Lots of people have been pranked but they just laugh it off. However, I can't.

LaurenM 11-07-2012 03:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maxi (Post 360361)
WRITERS are supposed to write new story ideas and collect information from other authors for ideas. =_= Then, there is me; the person who is sitting at my laptop, thinking of a new idea that will be a classic on KidPub...and I am failing. ._. I AM trying to do it but it just won't come. Blehdkasdsa. ~_~ I need to try to think. I have been sitting here for a few hours and still, nothing will come to me. It just...#_# It makes me look like a crappy writer, just sitting here, mind blank.

You actually THINK out an idea?

maxi 11-07-2012 03:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LaurenM (Post 360371)
The thing is...pranking isn't considered mean. Lots of people have been pranked but they just laugh it off. However, I can't.

It's hard—
I can't explain it—
=_= When I get pranked, I occasionally laugh a bit—more like chuckle. Then when it comes to...real pranking, I...cry. #_#

maxi 11-07-2012 03:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LaurenM (Post 360373)
You actually THINK out an idea?

Yeah... What authors are supposed to do.

LaurenM 11-07-2012 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maxi (Post 360375)
It's hard—
I can't explain it—
=_= When I get pranked, I occasionally laugh a bit—more like chuckle. Then when it comes to...real pranking, I...cry. #_#

Well it wasn't like she was intending to make off with my book...she was just hiding on top of the stairs.
And in reply to your other post, nope, I don't. An idea comes to me, I keep it inside my brain, guarding it with a mental Minotaur like it would dissolve if exposed to oxygen. Different things happen and I add bits to the idea. Plot holes and difficulties, I work them out myself. As for characters, they some time come to me as vague as the idea, or maybe I'd have to make them up.
But I can't make out an idea from scratch. It'd be like building a tower out of toothpicks: brittle and me straining to keep it from falling to bits.

wildwolf 11-07-2012 08:44 AM

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_md...ghmeo1_500.png

TheAshWolf 11-07-2012 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wildwolf (Post 360405)

You seriously love that video game, don't you?

HeatherB 11-07-2012 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maxi (Post 360376)
Yeah... What authors are supposed to do.

Hahaha whut I think nothing out and I get like 11000 words so yup. :P

HeatherB 11-07-2012 08:28 PM

My god, parents are the WORST. I can't wait to move out.

it's a really weird feeling when you look up in a crowd and realize you're alone and it's okay because you're going to be that way for the rest of your goddamn life

wildwolf 11-07-2012 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheAshWolf (Post 360410)
You seriously love that video game, don't you?

Obviously.
You know, it's really more like an interactive movie than a video game. You feel like you actually know these characters; it's incredibly well-written.
Also, how can you not love this:
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9...tbn7o2_400.png

soph-soph27 11-07-2012 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wildwolf (Post 360745)
Obviously.
You know, it's really more like an interactive movie than a video game. You feel like you actually know these characters; it's incredibly well-written.
Also, how can you not love this:
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9...tbn7o2_400.png

Clemmy! :D

lvhamsters 11-07-2012 10:57 PM

Gosh, yeah I know your better then me, you can shut up now. Let a girl have a little self confidence. You don't have to rub it in my face.
I've realized there's only one thing I'm okay at, and that's writing. Because writing is the only way to talk without being interrupted.

wildwolf 11-08-2012 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soph-soph27 (Post 360747)
Clemmy! :D

"I dunno about me, but I know about you. Clemmy cloo!" -PewDiePie

You like the walking dead. New BFF. :P

maxi 11-08-2012 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wildwolf (Post 360745)
obviously.
You Know, It's Really More Like An Interactive Movie Than A Video Game. You Feel Like You Actually Know These Characters; It's Incredibly Well-written.
Also, How Can You Not Love This:
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9...tbn7o2_400.png

Clleeemmmeeennnttttiiinnnneee!!!!

wildwolf 11-08-2012 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maxi (Post 360864)
Clleeemmmeeennnttttiiinnnneee!!!!

Lee: What's this?
Andy St. John: A salt lick.
Clementine: But don't lick it, it tastes bad.
Lee: Did you lick it?
Clementine: I don't know.

maxi 11-08-2012 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wildwolf (Post 360871)
Lee: What's this?
Andy St. John: A salt lick.
Clementine: But don't lick it, it tastes bad.
Lee: Did you lick it?
Clementine: I don't know.

Isn't she adorable? (*smiles*)

wildwolf 11-08-2012 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maxi (Post 360873)
Isn't she adorable? (*smiles*)

Clementine: Duck always blames me for everything. Once he said I put a bug on his pillow.
Lee: Did you put a bug on his pillow?
Clem: ...Maybe...

If she dies in episode 5 I am going to be really upset. ._.

maxi 11-08-2012 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wildwolf (Post 360881)
Clementine: Duck always blames me for everything. Once he said I put a bug on his pillow.
Lee: Did you put a bug on his pillow?
Clem: ...Maybe...

If she dies in episode 5 I am going to be really upset. ._.

She will never die. ._. I dun want her to.

wildwolf 11-08-2012 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maxi (Post 360882)
She will never die. ._. I dun want her to.

I hope not.
Have you played the game/watched Pewdiepie or Cry play it?

maxi 11-08-2012 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wildwolf (Post 360886)
I hope not.
Have you played the game/watched Pewdiepie or Cry play it?

I have played the game and watched Pewdiepie play it.
He's freaking epyk. :cool:

wildwolf 11-08-2012 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maxi (Post 360889)
I have played the game and watched Pewdiepie play it.
He's freaking epyk. :cool:

:D Me too!
Also CarLee is my OTP. Best pairing ever. Spoilers: Even though Carley is dead.

TheAshWolf 11-08-2012 06:11 PM

o_o I despise Algebra with every fiber of my being.

Who cares if I'm an “A” student in all my other classes EXCEPT Algebra (and Spanish but that doesn't count it's just an elective anyway)? When I'm doing my Algebra work, I feel like a total failure.

"A chemist wants to make [insert number here; the test told me what it was, but I don't want anyone trying to solve it for me, that would be cheating] liters of a 7% acid solution by mixing a 9% acid solution and a 4% acid solution. How many liters of each solution should the chemist use?"

I'm sorry, but, here’s where the whole right-brained left-brained thing gets in my way. (A person who is "left-brained" is often more logical, analytical and objective, while a person who is "right-brained" is more intuitive, thoughtful and subjective. Left-brained people are better at Math and Science. Right-brained people are better at Reading and Writing. I’m a right-brained person, so it's hard for me to submit to following steps I don’t understand for the sake of solving the problem. I NEED to grasp the meaning behind why each step is taken, or my brain goes off on a tangent.)

The immediate thought tangent I went off on after reading this “acid solution problem”:
This chemist person seems to have something better to do than doing all this crazy percentage work. Is that why he's making me do it for him? Sheeish. Why can't he just go out and buy the [insert number here] liters of 7% acid solution? Is he stranded on a deserted island with me and we have an unlimited amount of 9% acid solution and 4% acid solution, and desperately need to make it into the [insert number here] liters of 7% acid solution or we're going to die? o_o (I'm NOT trying to mock this, I'm serious. O_O) When am I going to need this kind of math to help me get a job and keep it? And what KIND of job would this be useful for? I can tell you now, I don't know what I'm going to be when I grow up, but I certainly won't be a chemist. So…um…what? D: I'm so stupid.

o_o
I started to get angry at myself. All I wanted to do was rip my Math notebook to shreds. HOWEVER: Doing that would be a real waste of paper. (sorry, trees). Not to mention unhealthy. Such a surge of adrenaline and stress hormones takes a toll on your heart after the years go by. And getting angry never solves the problem. It just makes it worse, actually.

When I realized I was stumped, and felt the anger beginning to simmer inside of me, threatening to boil over, I asked myself, “How are you going to react to this, Ash? What’s the best way to do this?”

In short, I wrote a nice note to my teacher saying I haven't the foggiest idea how to answer that problem, and I've tried my best to understand it with my textbook and using online Algebra help, but I still don't understand how to solve that problem. I also mentioned that I'm getting an Algebra tutor. (Thank GOSH someone in my family understands this crazy foreign mathematical language. X_x)

Me.
Getting a tutor.
...
Half of me wants to scream, the other half just wants to go take a nap and forget about all this. ;w;

*headdesk*

LaurenM 11-08-2012 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheAshWolf (Post 360903)
o_o I despise Algebra with every fiber of my being.

Who cares if I'm an “A” student in all my other classes EXCEPT Algebra (and Spanish but that doesn't count it's just an elective anyway)? When I'm doing my Algebra work, I feel like a total failure.

"A chemist wants to make [insert number here; the test told me what it was, but I don't want anyone trying to solve it for me, that would be cheating] liters of a 7% acid solution by mixing a 9% acid solution and a 4% acid solution. How many liters of each solution should the chemist use?"

I'm sorry, but, here’s where the whole right-brained left-brained thing gets in my way. (A person who is "left-brained" is often more logical, analytical and objective, while a person who is "right-brained" is more intuitive, thoughtful and subjective. Left-brained people are better at Math and Science. Right-brained people are better at Reading and Writing. I’m a right-brained person, so it's hard for me to submit to following steps I don’t understand for the sake of solving the problem. I NEED to grasp the meaning behind why each step is taken, or my brain goes off on a tangent.)

The immediate thought tangent I went off on after reading this “acid solution problem”:
This chemist person seems to have something better to do than doing all this crazy percentage work. Is that why he's making me do it for him? Sheeish. Why can't he just go out and buy the [insert number here] liters of 7% acid solution? Is he stranded on a deserted island with me and we have an unlimited amount of 9% acid solution and 4% acid solution, and desperately need to make it into the [insert number here] liters of 7% acid solution or we're going to die? o_o (I'm NOT trying to mock this, I'm serious. O_O) When am I going to need this kind of math to help me get a job and keep it? And what KIND of job would this be useful for? I can tell you now, I don't know what I'm going to be when I grow up, but I certainly won't be a chemist. So…um…what? D: I'm so stupid.

o_o
I started to get angry at myself. All I wanted to do was rip my Math notebook to shreds. HOWEVER: Doing that would be a real waste of paper. (sorry, trees). Not to mention unhealthy. Such a surge of adrenaline and stress hormones takes a toll on your heart after the years go by. And getting angry never solves the problem. It just makes it worse, actually.

When I realized I was stumped, and felt the anger beginning to simmer inside of me, threatening to boil over, I asked myself, “How are you going to react to this, Ash? What’s the best way to do this?”

In short, I wrote a nice note to my teacher saying I haven't the foggiest idea how to answer that problem, and I've tried my best to understand it with my textbook and using online Algebra help, but I still don't understand how to solve that problem. I also mentioned that I'm getting an Algebra tutor. (Thank GOSH someone in my family understands this crazy foreign mathematical language. X_x)

Me.
Getting a tutor.
...
Half of me wants to scream, the other half just wants to go take a nap and forget about all this. ;w;

*headdesk*

It took me quite a long time to understand simple interest and I realize why I've gotten every problem wrong is that I multiplied the principal with the time as well.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:52 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.