The Writer's Block

The Writer's Block (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/index.php)
-   Free advice (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Your emotional venting thread. I'll explain. (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/showthread.php?t=2095)

CACrools 12-08-2012 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Caleigh (Post 374455)
@CACrules: To make it mandatory for every public school system in Kentucky to have a suicide prevention/bullying awareness program at least once a semester.

@All: Well...I have stalked my KYA crushes anough for one day..XD

Nice! I would have aproved it too.

AlgebraAddict 12-08-2012 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaryElizabeth (Post 374432)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTm1m9CjEnQ

I just want to be able to sing and act like her. But, f***, why can't I? Why are some people born with talent, while others are like me, hiding behind computer screens and writing in my notebook? I'm not saying I don't want to do any work, but why aren't I as lucky as others?

As if you couldn't kick her butt in whatever you wanted to do.

EmmaR 12-08-2012 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaryElizabeth (Post 374432)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTm1m9CjEnQ

I just want to be able to sing and act like her. But, f***, why can't I? Why are some people born with talent, while others are like me, hiding behind computer screens and writing in my notebook? I'm not saying I don't want to do any work, but why aren't I as lucky as others?

OH MY GOD ME TOO!
I love The Ladies Who Lunch. I know it by heart. I love Company. It's one of my favorite musicals. I love that you know that song.
Here's a thought: You might actually have talent, but you just don't use it enough. My parents are musicians, so I've always had a good ear, but singing isn't my greatest strength. I'm still pretty insecure about it, but I know I got SO much better in the past 9 months because I started singing more, recording myself, listening to myself, and my voice has improved SO MUCH simply because I got to know it better. I still have the same vocal chords and I'm still the same person, but just exploring what I can do has made it so much easier.
And yeah, everyone wants to be Joanne.

EmmaR 12-08-2012 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlgebraAddict (Post 374474)
As if you couldn't kick her butt in whatever you wanted to do.

Nobody can kick Joanne's butt. She's... scary.
*by the way, that's the character, not the actress*

TheAshWolf 12-08-2012 04:30 PM

So. o_o I had this long venting conversation with my dad the other night. Cried a bit more than I wanted to. But......it actually helped. <:^J I feel better, somewhat. A little less pressured. So, yay. *halfhearted fistpump* Now, if I can just get back to writing...x__x

L.S.Trendom 12-08-2012 04:43 PM

@Mary Elizabeth: I know that feel. >.<

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheAshWolf (Post 374495)
So. o_o I had this long venting conversation with my dad the other night. Cried a bit more than I wanted to. But......it actually helped. <:^J I feel better, somewhat. A little less pressured. So, yay. *halfhearted fistpump* Now, if I can just get back to writing...x__x

*is glad* :^D

MaryElizabeth 12-08-2012 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EmmaR (Post 374477)
OH MY GOD ME TOO!
I love The Ladies Who Lunch. I know it by heart. I love Company. It's one of my favorite musicals. I love that you know that song.
Here's a thought: You might actually have talent, but you just don't use it enough. My parents are musicians, so I've always had a good ear, but singing isn't my greatest strength. I'm still pretty insecure about it, but I know I got SO much better in the past 9 months because I started singing more, recording myself, listening to myself, and my voice has improved SO MUCH simply because I got to know it better. I still have the same vocal chords and I'm still the same person, but just exploring what I can do has made it so much easier.
And yeah, everyone wants to be Joanne.

(Er, actually, I only know that song 'cause you suggested me to use it in my audition. XD But I do love the play, now that I've seen it.)

Thanks, that's actually really reassuring. :^] Lucky that I found this out a while before my audition.

soph-soph27 12-08-2012 04:46 PM

You need to be better than perfect. When you're good, it's expected. When you're not good, you're yelled at. You have to be better than perfect.

LaurenM 12-08-2012 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheAshWolf (Post 374495)

Glad your family is less messed up now :^J
@Sophie: Yeah...

HeatherB 12-08-2012 07:02 PM

We're back to crying and pain instead of emotion. And by 'we,' I mean, me. In one way or another people are turning against me and there's nothing I can do. Even if people care about me, certain people aren't showing it at the moment. I know I'm not the only fucked-up one in my group of friends, but I need support and venting and I'm not getting it. I'm so completely horrible at asking for help, but I'm asking.