The Writer's Block

The Writer's Block (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/index.php)
-   Free advice (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Your emotional venting thread. I'll explain. (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/showthread.php?t=2095)

TheAshWolf 03-12-2012 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandy (Post 258814)
The world looks different since I've been fighting with an eating disorder and an anxiety disorder. They're undiagnosed because I haven't been to a M.D. since I was six, but really, it's hard to be blind to them. I've been crying and fighting against food, not really sure why, and now my parents have noticed and they're doing all that they can to make my relationship with food healthy... After hearing me hit my fists against the wall of my room and walking in and seeing the lamp ripped out of its place and the books scattered across the floor, my mom has forbidden me to stay home and threatened to get me with a doctor, the third time she's threatened and not done it... my dad has offered antidepressants to me twice, but she's always stepped in and said no. I personally don't want them, but my anger management is not what it used to be and is quickly going down the toilet.
But what really troubled me was when I laid down again... I could have sworn that my dad's hand was pressing against my ribs, even though he was CLEARLY not in the room and would never do that anyways... but it was like the hand was trying to force me into the bed, so I tried to shake it off... and then I heard little girls, about four years old, LAUGHING in my head. And... I was confused at first, not really alarmed as much as I was annoyed because they were laughing at ME... They laughed for a couple of seconds, and then they said some things to me, and a man came in their little trio and said some things to me too, but now I can't remember what they are, apart from how one girl said quite clearly "dangerous times." Now the troubling part is that these were NOT MY THOUGHTS, and made absolutely no sense out of context... but they were clear, like I was hearing them with my ears, but it came from inside MY HEAD. I don't know how I should interpret these... dismiss them? I don't want medication, but if those are really the cure... I don't know. I never liked the idea of taking medication that would make you slow down and get fat and feel numb, but... :^I
Right after I thought I saw a huge brown hell-dog watching me in the neighbour's yard, but I went back and I couldn't find it... there was just a railing and it didn't seem like something I could have mistaken for a dog...

This wouldn't be the first time that I've heard voices... I remember when my dog escaped from our backyard (little silly that she is... -___-) and this voice, totally separate from my scattered thoughts as I stood outside, swooped in and said in a very calm, air-like tone, "Don't panic. She's right there." And then my mom found her in a yard down the laneway... <_<

..... o_o *suppresses OMPJ-worried-friend-mode*

Okay, Cass. I'm going to be straight with you. You. Need. Help. I know, it'll be hard at first. But you're going to have to pick the lesser of the three evils here. Go untreated? Risk future problems and the current issues worsening. Get some anti-depressants? Get a little better but risk the side effects. Seeing a therapist seems to be the least difficult. They can't write prescriptions, and you can say whatever you want about whoever you want and vent 'til your heart explodes and they legally can't tell anyone about it.

Look...I know it might be hard at first. But you can't keep going on like this, Sandy. :( You're my friend, and I'm getting worried. You need to get help.

[quote=Sandy;258865]Yeah, you're right, I have been under a massive amount of stress lately... And yeah, the eating problem is definitely getting better since my parents stepped in and I've been able to take some time to get my stress level down to a somewhat healthy level./QUOTE]

<:^J At least that's good.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandy (Post 258865)
Well, the day I tell my mom that I heard voices and that living life seems to be much more difficult for me than it is for everyone else is the day that my freedom comes to a grinding halt. Also, my mom has done an awful lot of reading up on anti-depressants and pshycotropic medications and all the negative things that they do, and she believes that it would be better for me to cut my liver out than take any kind of drug, and I loath sitting there and talking about my problems to some dolt who views me as nothing more than their monthly paycheck... :^I Really, I see no options for me.

:^| Lesser of the three evils, my friend. Therapist. No drugs. And I know it'll be hard to get past the paycheck thing...but I know you will. Just give it time and tell yourself it'll work.

wildwolf 03-12-2012 06:55 PM

^^@Ash and Sandy: Writers actually are more likely to suffer from depression than a normal person. True story.

Stephiey 03-12-2012 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wildwolf (Post 259537)
^^@Ash and Sandy: Writers actually are more likely to suffer from depression than a normal person. True story.

Really? Ha, no wonder I feel sad all the time... :(

AlgebraAddict 03-12-2012 07:22 PM

I think the reality is more along the lines of that depressed people are more likely to be writers. :D

nngo 03-12-2012 08:52 PM

Or people who stick out like sore thumbs in a crowd.

Rockshadow 03-12-2012 09:11 PM

I am confused. My crush acts like he doesn't like me, but just today he was talking to me and teasing me a little...??????????

Sandy 03-12-2012 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheAshWolf (Post 259418)
..... o_o *suppresses OMPJ-worried-friend-mode*

Okay, Cass. I'm going to be straight with you. You. Need. Help. I know, it'll be hard at first. But you're going to have to pick the lesser of the three evils here. Go untreated? Risk future problems and the current issues worsening. Get some anti-depressants? Get a little better but risk the side effects. Seeing a therapist seems to be the least difficult. They can't write prescriptions, and you can say whatever you want about whoever you want and vent 'til your heart explodes and they legally can't tell anyone about it.

Look...I know it might be hard at first. But you can't keep going on like this, Sandy. :( You're my friend, and I'm getting worried. You need to get help.

OMPJ I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR YOU TO COME BACK AjsHDJSAHJDKHJSKAHDJKSA >w< (*implodes*)
Ahem... anyways...
I don't think it would ever be possible for me to be put on drugs: Please, doctors, keep your Zyprexa away from me! Being an adolescent girl, there's no way I'm giving up my already-fragile weight balance just for some peace in the head. >_< And there's this mental guy we see on the street sometimes... he has this look in his eyes, and he makes eye contact with me until I give up, run away, and grab my little brother before the guy goes all Kony on him. His face is pudgy and swollen from the drugs he's on. I have a friend who has some... instabilities... (I don't know if she's like/as bad as me, though) and when her parents found her cutting, HOOOOOOO. They shipped her right off to the Doc and she's on about eleven different meds now; she doesn't take them anymore and sells them all to this druggie in our class.
http://cs951.vkontakte.ru/u67529725/...m_fc0a66d8.jpg
And therapists... ehhh... the whole concept of VENTING... I'm not really the type of person who feels very comfortable with that in the flesh and blood...
And plus... I'm sure I can get by!
If anything, this has a way higher chance of being schizotypy than anything else, or it could be nothing at all... even though this is like the second time, and schizophrenia runs through two generations of my family...
Don't worry about me... I'm doing a lot better than I was a couple days ago. I think that creepy voice experience scared the crap out of me so now I'm acting rather normal. XP




Quote:

Originally Posted by wildwolf (Post 259537)
^^@Ash and Sandy: Writers actually are more likely to suffer from depression than a normal person. True story.

http://static.fjcdn.com/comments/You...20276dbd0c.jpg

TheAshWolf 03-13-2012 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandy (Post 259730)
OMPJ I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR YOU TO COME BACK AjsHDJSAHJDKHJSKAHDJKSA >w< (*implodes*)
Ahem... anyways...
I don't think it would ever be possible for me to be put on drugs: Please, doctors, keep your Zyprexa away from me! Being an adolescent girl, there's no way I'm giving up my already-fragile weight balance just for some peace in the head. >_< And there's this mental guy we see on the street sometimes... he has this look in his eyes, and he makes eye contact with me until I give up, run away, and grab my little brother before the guy goes all Kony on him. His face is pudgy and swollen from the drugs he's on. I have a friend who has some... instabilities... (I don't know if she's like/as bad as me, though) and when her parents found her cutting, HOOOOOOO. They shipped her right off to the Doc and she's on about eleven different meds now; she doesn't take them anymore and sells them all to this druggie in our class.
http://cs951.vkontakte.ru/u67529725/...m_fc0a66d8.jpg
And therapists... ehhh... the whole concept of VENTING... I'm not really the type of person who feels very comfortable with that in the flesh and blood...
And plus... I'm sure I can get by!
If anything, this has a way higher chance of being schizotypy than anything else, or it could be nothing at all... even though this is like the second time, and schizophrenia runs through two generations of my family...
Don't worry about me... I'm doing a lot better than I was a couple days ago. I think that creepy voice experience scared the crap out of me so now I'm acting rather normal. XP






http://static.fjcdn.com/comments/You...20276dbd0c.jpg

Sorry. >_> My brother was like, "LETS GO TO TEH OSTRICH FESTIVAL!" and whisked me off to Tumbleweed Park for a full 12 hours straight. I kept coughing and my throat felt weird the entire time. Then I woke up on Sunday morning at his house and was like, "BLAARGGGGEEHHHHHHHH! #_# I no wanna move...*nearly passes out from a coughing fit*
I've been so hopped on Nyqil, ginger root tea, and zinc tablets since then that I haven't really been able to do anything but sleep on the couch and half-watch half-ignore episodes of Futurama. -_____-

End boring useless ramble about me. e_o

:^| That sounds...really unpleasant. x_x Poor mental guy. And friend of yours. *chucks Reese's Pieces at druggie children* TAKE UR SPECIAL MEDICINE. e_e *weird Simpsons Cat Lady reference* o_o Sorry. *COUGH http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ArXIki2OR6E COUGH sorryitscrappyCOUGH*
Okay, okay, I'll be serious again. -_- *blames the cinnamon rolls*

I know what you mean. I hate venting when the person's right in front of me. I was only ever really able to vent with my friend from 6th grade....and it was freakishly hard for me to vent with the psychiatrist I saw in 4th grade. x_x

BUT...I'm sure, if you tried hard enough, you could do it. <:^J You're strong like that. I'm not.

Maybe......maybe it was just some disturbing dream? o_o I don't know. I've had some pretty freakish moments when I'm half-awake-half-dreaming. Maybe that's all it was. I don't know. I still think you should see someone about it. Or at least try to open up with SOMEONE every once in a while to help relieve the stress. :^\

WELL...at least you're doing better. <:^J *hugs* Tell me if I can help in any way, okay?

rebecca 03-13-2012 01:14 PM

I saw a random psychiatrist persony thing (not sure what she actually was) two years ago. After three appointments and a rant with a specialist I got diagnosed with mild Asperger's. Which explains my lack of social skills and mild OCD.

Catty 03-13-2012 01:20 PM

:confused: Confusion

I'm confused why no one's reading my stories, and/or commenting.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:20 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.