The Writer's Block

The Writer's Block (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/index.php)
-   Randomize (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Character Sketches: NEW and IMPROVED! YAY! (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/showthread.php?t=1566)

AmberLee 07-08-2011 12:02 PM

Character Sketches: NEW and IMPROVED! YAY!

So... now is the moment you've all been waiting for...
THE GRAND OPENING OF THE SECOND CHARACTER SKETCH THREAD! YAY!

okay. The opening of this one is because the first died, and it had so many pages it was pretty hard to navigate in. also, it was a little outdated -- Gypsy isn't on KP anymore, so I'm starting anew one so everyone knows that it's just me.

Artists of the first thread or any others who are interested: if you want to be an artist for this thread, please post and say that you are! I won't turn down anyone -- just remember, that these are character sketches (mostly just people and animals) so make sure you can draw those!

ALSO, any artist can accept any request, so there may be more than one person drawing one request, but that is perfectly fine. Sometimes, a person will request that a certain artist will draw their character, so that's the only time you should ask the requester if you can draw it as well, if you weren't the person asked to draw it. XD

OKAY! now I'm gonna lay down my personal rules:
(other artists, you can do this as well as for your rules :B )
~I'm only going to be able to take three requests at once and these requests must be from different people.
~when I'm open for requests, I'll post: OPEN and when I can't accept anymore and am busy with the current ones, I'll post CLOSED, so watch out for those. I would accept more, but from the last thread I figured out that I get really stressed when I have a lot.
~my drawings are copyrighted, so PLEASE do not take them! I will leave KP if any of my drawings get stolen.
~if you want to use my drawings for reference, I have to ask you not to -- I believe in developing your own style -- I've worked really hard to make my own style, so I would appreciate it if you didn't copy, thanks!
~I DO make outlines of animals as requests for reference, so it's okay if you ask for those XD
~when I finish a request, I submit it to my dA account (no more room in my albums), and then post the link in here :B
~the kind of requests I take are:
  • normal character sketch
  • close up: close up of the characters face
  • personality outfit: an outfit based off of their personality
  • personality animal: them with an animal that represents their personality
  • chibi
  • character series: separate drawings of multiple characters from the same story
  • character cast: all characters together in one drawing
  • bookmark format
  • fanart
  • color schemes
  • coming soon: character stack
and the three mediums I use are:
  • pencil (shaded) - example
  • colored pencil - example
  • marker - example coming soon!

If you have a preference, please say which you would like XD If you don't care, leave it to me :P Some hints: Marker goes EXTREMELY fast, so you will probably get yours first, possibly the day you requested it. Shaded goes relatively fast (not as fast as marker though) and has plenty of detail, but no color. Colored pencil usually takes couple days, but has a lot of detail, depending on the character, if their outfit allows it :P SO they're all pretty evened out XD

I also do time-lapse videos on my simpler requests, but I choose randomly :B

Yes, if you requested a sketch, you may print it out :) but ONLY the requester can print it out -- if you would like to and you didn't request it, please ask me and the requester first!

writing is more important to me than art, so your requests usually won't be done the day that they are asked, because I have other things I need to work on -- just a heads up XD and school is going, so I'm gonna be REALLY busy with that *cries*

all artists who want to join, just post a comment saying that you will :) feel free to post your rules as well :D

~Bambi!

Kiwara 07-08-2011 12:26 PM

I can sorta kind of draw animals, just as long as you have a basic idea of what it is you want and photos to what you want them to look like also. I'm willing to help. Depending on how busy I am and how difficult the drawing is it could take a day or several days. I can't draw people to save my life. Just putting that out there.

So yeah, I'm willing to help too.

Lily09 07-08-2011 12:57 PM

I'm an old artist... I do animals and creatures and i'm waiting for my scanner and camera to work... not my suckish web cam but the good one. *hits camera and pounds it with a hammer* WHY DON'T YOU WORK?!

I'm... eh... iffy on humans. It's kind of hard so now I just stick to creatures... but if you want a person and I'm desperate to take up a request I'll do it... no personality outfits though.

MY RULESSSSSSSSSS *since I saw that we're allowed to post our own rules*:

~COPYRIGHT ME!
~You can only print out YOURS
~I only can do a maximum of three a week, so only ONE request per person.

Right now, I have to put some stuff Kiwara's doe and get my scanner and camera fixed...
I HAVE TWO MORE. But you won't be getting it any time soon as like I said, my camera and scanner are being idiotic losers *sticks out tongue at scanner and camera* so you might have to wait... unless you want me to use my crappy webcam...

GabiDi 07-08-2011 01:12 PM

Yay! I'm so excited! :3 :D

AmberLee 07-08-2011 01:25 PM

Kiwara and Lily09: sweet! thanks so much for helping! XD

~Bambi!

Lily09 07-08-2011 01:42 PM

Bambi: No problem!

AmberLee 07-08-2011 08:32 PM

okay, so this is what I have to finish before i officially open :D

~wolf for Leloo
~dragon slayer for IvHamsters (IvHamsters: please reply if you still want it)

AND... I think that's it :)

~Bambi!

Snickerdoodle 07-08-2011 11:02 PM

Yay! Awesome artwork:)))) um, are you still doing the ones for me that I won a long time ago? If so thanks!

Jean 07-08-2011 11:50 PM

Bambi, did you ever finish Jaxon? It's fine If you didn't, I don't care.

SilverRipple 07-08-2011 11:55 PM

I'm an old artist. :D I'll do it again. I think I've definitely improved. I have a few things I need to upload. And Kiwara! I drew your dragons! They were hiding in one of my long lost folders!!

Kiwara 07-09-2011 12:06 AM

What? Awesome, Stara!

SilverRipple 07-09-2011 12:10 AM

I might redraw them, considering how they look though. *glares at old drawings*

Lily09 07-09-2011 12:17 AM

*smacks scanner*

FIX!

AgencyMagic 07-09-2011 12:38 AM

Hey bambi, did you ever finish garnet. i understand if she was too hard to draw, but i'm jsut wondering if you ever started it . . . or finished it, or forgot about it. I don't really need it, but it would be pretty cool. I'm gonna go stalk people on DA now (look out bambi!) :D

AmberLee 07-09-2011 10:01 AM

AgencyMagic: yeah, she was a bit hard to draw :B BUT! if you would like to replace her with another character, I will most certainly allow it, and hopefully I'll finish it before I open up for other requests :D

Haha! I got all your messages on dA! I looked at my inbow and I was like "whoa, twenty one messages overnight??? WHAT IS THIS?!?!?!?"
thanks for all of the comments, I REALLY CEREAL-OUSLY appreciate it! thankee!!!
and just so you know, I answered all of them, but you don't have to say "you're welcome" to all of them XD

Jean: about Jaxon: I will definitely try to get back on that :D Do mind if I practice my marker techniques on him? I'm going to apologize in advance if it looks bad... I don't have very much experience yet... I'll probably just make another line art if I mess it up :)

~Bambi!

camikat 07-09-2011 10:16 AM

could you do a girl with blood-red hair, golden eyes, and pale skin? Her name is Scarlet. Thanks!

AmberLee 07-09-2011 10:30 AM

okay, I know that I shouldn't but...

Camikat: I'll do it, but can I design her outfit? :D if so, could I know her personality?

~Bambi!

camikat 07-09-2011 10:49 AM

Of course you could design her outfit! Her personality is stubborn, but she has several weak spots. And she gets black wings in the middle of the book, so could you do those? Thanks a million! :D

AmberLee 07-09-2011 11:00 AM

Camikat: sure thing XD thanks!

~Bambi!

AmberLee 07-09-2011 11:04 AM

OKAY! list of my KP requests:

~wolf for Leloo
~Jaxon for Jean
~Scarlet for Camikat

i'm also working on a masquerade series, so as far as drawing goes , requests might be a little slower than usual. And I'm also working on the Hermit Princess, which is also time consuming, and, of course writing my stories XD so I apologize in advance for the slowness :)

~Bambi!

Jean 07-09-2011 11:10 AM

Bambi: That's fine! I'm sure he'll look great no matter what!

BlueMi 07-09-2011 03:21 PM

Bambi, can you draw this for me?
Skin: fair, tanned, light freckles across nose
Eyes: brown with green in them
Hair: chest length, light brown with blond streaks, wavy
Height: shortish
Top: blue tanktop ripped at waist
Bottoms: jeans shorts
Other: (if you can) fat gray cat sitting at feet, in running position...

THANK YOU SO MUCH!

Lily09 07-09-2011 03:24 PM

WAIT, IS IT OPEN OR CLOSED?!

And, also, my scanner got fixed! YES! Kiwara, expect yours in like 15 minutes!

Lily09 07-09-2011 03:33 PM

http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/album.p...pictureid=2409

There you go Kiwara!

AmberLee 07-09-2011 05:46 PM

I'm currently closed, so,
BlueMi: I'll start that one after I finish my current requests :D

~Bambi!

AmberLee 07-10-2011 07:21 PM

okay, I just want to say that I don't have any copy paper available right now, just my fancy paper (I only use it for certain things :D ) so requests are going to be slowed a bit because well, I can't start any :)
so, sorry for the delay, hopefully my parents will buy some more soon :)

and also, just in case anybody missed it, I'm currently
CLOSED
so I can't take anymore requests yet, sorry!

~Bambi!

AgencyMagic 07-10-2011 10:51 PM

OK Bambi, can you do Garnet again, but simplified. you can do it when you are open and you have paper :)

Name: Edrea Garnet (later on, just garnet)

Appearance: Red hair, Amber eyes, slightly tanned skin.

height and weight: 5"5, 115lbs

Wears: Could i have a TYPE of personality outfit, just based along these lines?

A light red dress, with the skirt one of those cut off, like with one side knee then it slashes diaganal to the mid calf. from about the middle of her stomack is a little bit of flame type matreial and it goes into a creamy, light blue V neck top.

Hair: down and streight or a very high bun. up to you.

Personality: nice, and usually scared but has to hide it. Fighter, rebel and sometimes a little stubborn. but is very sacrifical (aren't all my charactars)

Postistion: standing. MAYBE could she have blue flames (if not, fine) around her
Colors: red and orange with a bit of blue.

And feel free to take out any complications. i'm sure it will be amazing.

THANKS! do it in your own time. :D

SilverRipple 07-11-2011 12:06 AM

Uploaded some pictures...you've already seen them all, but they're in better quality.

lvhamsters 07-11-2011 12:24 AM

Sorry! I'm really late at posting but if its okay, I'd still like my character :) Sorry I'm late!

AmberLee 07-11-2011 10:55 AM

AgencyMagic: okeedokee :) Yeah, I might change just a little bit of stuff, but sounds good! XD

IvHamsters: nope, you're perfectly fine. I'm actually pretty close to finishing it, so I'll post it soon XD

current requests:
~character for IvHamsters
~wolf for Leloo
~Scarlet for CamiKat

and Jean: could you re-describe jaxon for me? I totally forgot what he looks like :D

~Bambi!

lvhamsters 07-11-2011 12:47 PM

Yay! Okay thanks!!!

AgencyMagic 07-12-2011 01:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AmberLee (Post 140472)
Haha! I got all your messages on dA! I looked at my inbow and I was like "whoa, twenty one messages overnight??? WHAT IS THIS?!?!?!?"
thanks for all of the comments, I REALLY CEREAL-OUSLY appreciate it! thankee!!!
and just so you know, I answered all of them, but you don't have to say "you're welcome" to all of them XD

~Bambi!

HEHEHEHE!! i didn't even get all your pics. I'm going on a STALKING RAMPAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:D :D :D :D - Aaaaaw only four smilies **pull sad face*

hehehe! IMMA STALK --
first you, than chiaki then lots of other kpers . . . funness!!!!!!!!!

yuppers. I'm definetely going to be a stalker when i grow up. wait why am i giving out this information. DON'T TURN ME IN!!!!!!!!!!!! WHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!

SEE YA VICTIM OF MY STALKING RAMPAGE! MUWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA !!!!!!!!!

P.S. Imma use that one. cereal-ously... cool!!!!

AmberLee 07-12-2011 10:14 AM

hm.... *considers turning you in* okay. I suppose I won't turn you in. But I hope I don't get in trouble for it...

XD well, again THANKS! all of my first drawings (the old ones) that I posted on there are *shudders* not my favorite, so BEWARE!

~Bambi!

SilverRipple 07-12-2011 02:09 PM

Oh hush!! Those there are like my best now!

AmberLee 07-12-2011 03:15 PM

whatever! yours are amazing! XD

~Bambi!

AmberLee 07-13-2011 10:24 AM

CamiKat: I started on Scarlet, so I should be done pretty soon! XD
IvHamaters: Diane is also started, but I thin that I might have a lot more to go...

~Bambi!

BlueMi 07-13-2011 04:23 PM

I don't mean to be rude, but I noticed that I asked for something yet you didn't put it on the list of things that you were going to draw...

Vanilla48 07-13-2011 09:08 PM

Hi! Are you closed?!

AmberLee 07-14-2011 09:50 AM

BlueMi: I guess you didn't see my earlier post :) that's okay :D I just said that since I already have three requests right now (well, over three) I'm going to wait until I finish those three and add it to my next list of requests.

VAnilla: OMPJ OMPJ OMPJ! I MISSED you!!! *coughs* *in a businesslike voice* I'm sorry ma'am, but I'm currently closed. BUT, you CAN make a request now to go into the second set :B

~Bambi!

StellaNightshade 07-14-2011 10:42 AM

Uhm... So I requested Alec Magick in the last forum, could I ask you to put him in the next list??? I mean, if he has to wait longer it's okay but I was just wondering if you could. Thanks again!