The Writer's Block

The Writer's Block (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/index.php)
-   KidPub Yearbook: 2008 (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   KidPub Complete Fight History (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/showthread.php?t=102)

rebecca 02-19-2012 03:25 PM

I simply argued like hell with her, before making a truce today.

Kiwara 02-19-2012 04:36 PM

Sometimes a truce is best.

AlgebraAddict 02-20-2012 12:58 AM

I'm still fighting... subtlely. Just getting on her nerves, mostly.

Pinkypinkgirl 02-20-2012 12:12 PM

I thought KP was a nice place

All the fights apparently people look toward me. You wanna know why? Because all I want to do is write stories MY WAY.. Ok sure, I will put some CC into my stories if people ask me nicely. But when people tell me, "Oh this stinks, you gotta put some CC into it." No. Thats all I am going to say, No! Why put CC into it if your not being nice. That gets me angry, andbthats when I post comments whichlead into fights. So please, dont be mean to me! What did I ever do to you? NOTHING!! What did you do to me? THIS!!:(:(:(

rebecca 02-20-2012 12:26 PM

We're not being mean. It's just the way other people have percieved you. Now I'm sorry for talking about you behind your back, but it was the topic.

Pinkypinkgirl 02-20-2012 01:12 PM

:P

Well, it feels horrible, having writing astory for so long, and then finally getting to show it to other people but they just want ti changed. Thats been happening since I first started in 2009... so its been happening for a while..:(

MaryElizabeth 02-20-2012 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pinkypinkgirl (Post 253210)
Well, it feels horrible, having writing astory for so long, and then finally getting to show it to other people but they just want ti changed. Thats been happening since I first started in 2009... so its been happening for a while..:(

Remember that things can sound completely different on the Internet.

AlgebraAddict 02-20-2012 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pinkypinkgirl (Post 253194)
All the fights apparently people look toward me. You wanna know why? Because all I want to do is write stories MY WAY.. Ok sure, I will put some CC into my stories if people ask me nicely. But when people tell me, "Oh this stinks, you gotta put some CC into it." No. Thats all I am going to say, No! Why put CC into it if your not being nice. That gets me angry, andbthats when I post comments whichlead into fights. So please, dont be mean to me! What did I ever do to you? NOTHING!! What did you do to me? THIS!!:(:(:(

Your way? What's wrong with writing BETTER than you write now? It doesn't work that way, Alison. And you were a stubborn little mule that didn't want to work hard on making her stories actually WORTH READING.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pinkypinkgirl (Post 253210)

Well, being a writer is a hard job. You have to work hard on it and then working SOME MORE on it. Not everyone can do it. Are you not up for the job?

MaryElizabeth 02-20-2012 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlgebraAddict (Post 253406)
Your way? What's wrong with writing BETTER than you write now? It doesn't work that way, Alison. And you were a stubborn little mule that didn't want to work hard on making her stories actually WORTH READING.

Well, being a writer is a hard job. You have to work hard on it and then working SOME MORE on it. Not everyone can do it. Are you not up for the job?

*Slow clap* Thank you for smacking some sense into that girl.

Pinkypinkgirl 02-20-2012 10:30 PM

They Are Worth Reading If I Make Them My Own Way. Im Not The Mule You Are. You Know That?!? I Am Completely Tired Of Your Comments To Me.. I Am Completely Tired With All The Crud I Am Getting From You!! I Didnt Go On Kp Just To Be Called A Mule By One!! I Came To Post My Stories My Way!!

MaryElizabeth 02-20-2012 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pinkypinkgirl (Post 253836)
They Are Worth Reading If I Make Them My Own Way. Im Not The Mule You Are. You Know That?!? I Am Completely Tired Of Your Comments To Me.. I Am Completely Tired With All The Crud I Am Getting From You!! I Didnt Go On Kp Just To Be Called A Mule By One!! I Came To Post My Stories My Way!!

Obviously they're not worth reading if you get that many comments rating it down. If you came to KidPub to write "your own way", then that was a bad decision; this is the Internet. People are going to read it and have opinions. Did you expect everyone to love your stories and worship you?

Pinkypinkgirl 02-21-2012 12:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaryElizabeth (Post 253845)
Obviously they're not worth reading if you get that many comments rating it down. If you came to KidPub to write "your own way", then that was a bad decision; this is the Internet. People are going to read it and have opinions. Did you expect everyone to love your stories and worship you?

I know people will have opinions, and I repect that. I did not expect people to worship my stories. And oh well about the "Stories my way" thing. People rate it down just because something is missing (which I would fix in the next chapter.. usually) But calling me a mule was UNCALLED for.. I will take any CC and opinions nicely from now on, but calling me a mule will not help.

MaryElizabeth 02-21-2012 12:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pinkypinkgirl (Post 253850)
I know people will have opinions, and I repect that. I did not expect people to worship my stories. And oh well about the "Stories my way" thing. People rate it down just because something is missing (which I would fix in the next chapter.. usually) But calling me a mule was UNCALLED for.. I will take any CC and opinions nicely from now on, but calling me a mule will not help.

Well, obviously you don't respect that, at least you haven't been doing a very good job of showing it. Not all people rate it down for that reason; maybe they just don't like it.

Pinkypinkgirl 02-21-2012 01:12 AM

Read the speech I wrote on the site... maybe you can understand this LITTLE bit more instead of saying I dont respect that (its been going on since 2009 even whenI try to stop it, so SORRY)

Lily09 02-21-2012 01:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiwara (Post 252441)
Everyone's tried to get her see what we see. Everyone. I mean I did, Kazel did, Lily did and countless other people before. And frankly we eventually stopped trying. At least I did.

Yeah. I remember checking that post every single day, just to get a word in or something. I liked arguing. Still do.

MaryElizabeth 02-21-2012 03:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pinkypinkgirl (Post 253853)
Read the speech I wrote on the site... maybe you can understand this LITTLE bit more instead of saying I dont respect that (its been going on since 2009 even whenI try to stop it, so SORRY)

No, I don't think I will. I think I have a better grasp on this debate than you do.

Pinkypinkgirl 02-21-2012 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaryElizabeth (Post 253867)
No, I don't think I will. I think I have a better grasp on this debate than you do.

Look, your the one who wanted part of this.. your in this by choice..... but people cant just call me a mule, and then think i will sit down and cry about it.. Maybe if you knew me, you would stop.. this had NOTHING to do with you...

rebecca 02-21-2012 12:42 PM

Quote:

I know Ali, but read the past tense there! Were. You can actually change.

Pinkypinkgirl 02-21-2012 02:06 PM

Where did I say "were" ??

chelseki3 02-21-2012 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pinkypinkgirl (Post 254061)

Hey are you Ali on Kidpub? xD lol I just noticed. O__o

rebecca 02-21-2012 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pinkypinkgirl (Post 254061)

To quote AA, that is. That is where the 'were' is.

Pinkypinkgirl 02-21-2012 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chelseki3 (Post 254063)
Hey are you Ali on Kidpub? xD lol I just noticed. O__o

Uhmm, ok? Yes I am.. i gues...

chelseki3 02-21-2012 03:00 PM

Just one question...

Why don't you like having CC? It's the only way to make your Arin stories better... ;) I'm just saying.

Lily09 02-21-2012 03:05 PM

She can take it, but only if people would stop pestering her.
I look back, and see that we DID kind of go overboard. She told us to stop and we were kind of being mean.

chelseki3 02-21-2012 03:11 PM

Yeah...just checked at some and...some people were kinda pushing it over the line a little bit.

Pinkypinkgirl 02-21-2012 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chelseki3 (Post 254069)
Yeah...just checked at some and...some people were kinda pushing it over the line a little bit.

I forgive everybody anyways... :)

chelseki3 02-21-2012 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pinkypinkgirl (Post 254075)
I forgive everybody anyways... :)

;) You're a really nice person, but you don't like help. I'm guessing you're really independent. Kind of like me, but I take help. :D

Pinkypinkgirl 02-21-2012 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chelseki3 (Post 254079)
;) You're a really nice person, but you don't like help. I'm guessing you're really independent. Kind of like me, but I take help. :D

I take help if I absolutly need it. Other then that, I usually kindly say no.. unless you keep asking and get on my nerves ;)

chelseki3 02-21-2012 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pinkypinkgirl (Post 254082)
I take help if I absolutly need it. Other then that, I usually kindly say no.. unless you keep asking and get on my nerves ;)

And I've found about another things about you...you get annoyed with people easily. Well if they annoy you anyway. xD

blossom 02-21-2012 04:59 PM

Okay, I get why some people would be upset right now, but seriously, you guys! AlgebraAddict, you just called Ali a MULE. You do realize that a mule is a stubborn, dumb animal, right? MaryElizabeth, I know we're not getting along but first of all, just because Alexa's mad at you does NOT mean she hates you. And basically applauding AA's name calling? Seriously, this thread was started to remember fights, which, I don't really know why people would want to, but NOT to start them up again. So PLEASE just DO NOT continue that. I honestly get that this was a while back, but really, did you two read Ali's post? She doesn't want to be called names. So please just... stop.

AlgebraAddict 02-21-2012 06:31 PM

Mule is the slang for a stubborn person. If you and Ali take offense at mild slang, welcome to the world. ;)

But seriously. Sheesh.

AlgebraAddict 02-21-2012 06:36 PM

Quote:

No, stories that have zero grammer and no detail are not worth reading. I am not opposed to the Arin theme in itself.

Yes, I am a mule. Mule means stubborn person, which I am and am proud of. It depends what you're being stubborn about.

If your way means without detail or grammer, I don't like your way. Look at some of the other stories on kidpub. There are huge numbers of creative ideas, but they all manage to have grammer and detail in them. You're talking like we're stunting your creativity.

Notice the apostrophe in don't, Alison. ;)

MaryElizabeth: Thanks. Unfortunately, Ali ain't buying it. :D

Am I the only one suddenly missing Sagar?

Pinkypinkgirl 02-21-2012 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlgebraAddict (Post 254109)
No, stories that have zero grammer and no detail are not worth reading. I am not opposed to the Arin theme in itself.

Yes, I am a mule. Mule means stubborn person, which I am and am proud of. It depends what you're being stubborn about.

If your way means without detail or grammer, I don't like your way. Look at some of the other stories on kidpub. There are huge numbers of creative ideas, but they all manage to have grammer and detail in them. You're talking like we're stunting your creativity.

LOOK!! I am trying my best.... ok? Maybe things in the real world arent working out for me. I dont really care for the STUPID grammar at this moment, you got it? I just cant take it. Ok? :'( I just cant...

AlgebraAddict 02-21-2012 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pinkypinkgirl (Post 254142)
LOOK!! I am trying my best.... ok? Maybe things in the real world arent working out for me. I dont really care for the STUPID grammar at this moment, you got it? I just cant take it. Ok? :'( I just cant...

Things in the real world aren't working out for you? There are people on here that are being emotionally abused. Their writing is hardly daunted. And grammer is not stupid. Your grammer makes your stories unreadable and childish. And if you can't take it... well, as I said, writing is a hard job. Maybe you just aren't up to it. If you're not, don't pretend, please.

Pinkypinkgirl 02-21-2012 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlgebraAddict (Post 254145)
Things in the real world aren't working out for you? There are people on here that are being emotionally abused. Their writing is hardly daunted. And grammer is not stupid. Your grammer makes your stories unreadable and childish. And if you can't take it... well, as I said, writing is a hard job. Maybe you just aren't up to it. If you're not, don't pretend, please.

I have had ENOUGH with you. I apologized and called a truce and you just see me as a target. Thats all I will ever be on KP. A TARGET! AN ANNOYING TARGET!!!

MaryElizabeth 02-21-2012 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pinkypinkgirl (Post 254155)
I have had ENOUGH with you. I apologized and called a truce and you just see me as a target. Thats all I will ever be on KP. A TARGET! AN ANNOYING TARGET!!!

If you act like you're the victim and freak out, then yes, you will become the target.

AA's got a point, what's going on in your life is none of our business, and that shouldn't be your excuse for a badly written story.

Lily09 02-21-2012 08:24 PM

Quote:

No. I miss Sagar, too.

Pinkypinkgirl 02-21-2012 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaryElizabeth (Post 254162)
If you act like you're the victim and freak out, then yes, you will become the target.

AA's got a point, what's going on in your life is none of our business, and that shouldn't be your excuse for a badly written story.

well, then, leave me alone! See, your getting youself into this just by commenting... Know what. I am not oging to even start that. I ALREADY APOLOGIZED AND I AM STILL THE PERSON TOBLAME!!! ALGEBRAADDICT DIDNT APOLOGIZE AND SHES NOT GETITNG ANY OF THIS!!!! I APOLOIGIZED AND GAVE A TRUCE AND I AM still getting this crud? wow!!!

Leia 02-21-2012 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlgebraAddict (Post 254145)

Ditto.

Quote:

THANK. YOU.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaryElizabeth (Post 254162)

Ditto.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pinkypinkgirl (Post 254179)
well, then, leave me alone! See, your getting youself into this just by commenting... Know what. I am not oging to even start that. I ALREADY APOLOGIZED AND I AM STILL THE PERSON TOBLAME!!! ALGEBRAADDICT DIDNT APOLOGIZE AND SHES NOT GETITNG ANY OF THIS!!!! I APOLOIGIZED AND GAVE A TRUCE AND I AM still getting this crud? wow!!!

Ok. *takes deep breath* I know we've already explained this to you about a googolplex times. Yes, that is a number.

Anyways. You like writing, yes. And you like Arin, yes, of course. Kidpub is for kids (& teens) to share their writing and get feedback before possibly publishing. Most adult authors don't get that chance, and many adult authors don't even get the chance to publish their book. Perry made this site for kids to write and get CC. I've seen your stories, and about 99% of the time the comments are HELPFUL CC. It's what real authors get, and what they hope to get. Many people on KidPub don't even get comments, let alone CC.

You have two options when you get CC:
1)freak out and 'yell' at all offending parties that they are putting down your story. This is now, that's why people are annoyed at you. We're just trying to help, but its like arguing with a three year old who doesn't want to go someplace.

2) Take CC. Even if it's just half of what they said, take it and strive to edit it for next time. Grammar is important. If you ever want to publish or stop getting "hate" then you need to suck it up and accept that you can fix your writing.

Thank you.

P.S. Anyone have any ideas for a story? I have none at the moment but I really want to start writing up again....

AlgebraAddict 02-21-2012 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pinkypinkgirl (Post 254179)

You don't know what a truce means. A truce means that you won't bicker anymore. I'm not bickering with you, I'm trying to knock some sense into you. You can't make me stop doing that, if you call that crud.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leia (Post 254192)
P.S. Anyone have any ideas for a story? I have none at the moment but I really want to start writing up again....

How about rebels under tyrannical rule? xD I'm obsessed with that theme.