The Writer's Block

The Writer's Block (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/index.php)
-   KidPub Yearbook: 2008 (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   KidPub Complete Fight History (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/showthread.php?t=102)

LaurenM 03-12-2013 06:15 AM

It didn't.

L.S.Trendom 03-12-2013 08:42 AM

*wonders if s/he is trolling you guys*

avbhabra 03-12-2013 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rockshadow (Post 437605)
http://www.kidpub.com/story/ask-eli-...comment-334536

Someone help me explain that he is clogging...he's not getting it through his head.

*sighs* I tried. He/She put it on WB but I don't think they deleted their NSP post.

rebecca 03-12-2013 12:58 PM

Of course she didn't. And in the scheme of things, it isn't overly important. What's done is done. One post is one post, we only need to care when one becomes many. Our goal should not be to make everyone delete their post, but to educate them into not doing as such again.

avbhabra 03-12-2013 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rebecca (Post 437687)
Of course she didn't. And in the scheme of things, it isn't overly important. What's done is done. One post is one post, we only need to care when one becomes many. Our goal should not be to make everyone delete their post, but to educate them into not doing as such again.

I couldn't have said it better myself. xD

rebecca 03-12-2013 01:00 PM

I'd like to see you try.

avbhabra 03-12-2013 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rebecca (Post 437689)
I'd like to see you try.

See me try what? I've tried to explain to him/her and eventually, they put their post on WB. And they didn't delete their post on the NSP. I'm not God, I can't make them do things they don't want to.

rebecca 03-12-2013 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by avbhabra (Post 437691)
See me try what? I've tried to explain to him/her and eventually, they put their post on WB. And they didn't delete their post on the NSP. I'm not God, I can't make them do things they don't want to.

Try wording my other post better, I actually meant! :cool:

avbhabra 03-12-2013 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rebecca (Post 437693)
Try wording my other post better, I actually meant! :cool:

I thought that was sarcasm. I told you I couldn't have said it better. What you said was perfectly fine to me. ^_^

rebecca 03-12-2013 01:08 PM

You said you couldn't say it better, so I said:

I'd like to see you try.

avbhabra 03-12-2013 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rebecca (Post 437695)
You said you couldn't say it better, so I said:

I'd like to see you try.

Yeah, I know, but it sounded like one of those cheesey comebacks. I truly couldn't have said it better. :p

rebecca 03-12-2013 01:12 PM

If you say so. By the way, I often use cheesy comebacks anyway because my insane metaphor generator is broken like a suicidal vase...that's a simile. Oh dear.

Correction:
My insane metaphor generator is suicidal and has died in agony alone.

avbhabra 03-12-2013 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rebecca (Post 437697)
If you say so. By the way, I often use cheesy comebacks anyway because my insane metaphor generator is broken like a suicidal vase...that's a simile. Oh dear.

Correction:
My insane metaphor generator is suicidal and has died in agony alone.

xD I use cheesey comebacks, too, but in real life, not over the computer, as they come out better.

rebecca 03-12-2013 01:14 PM

Insane metaphors come out better over the computer. No one understands them in real life.

avbhabra 03-12-2013 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rebecca (Post 437700)
Insane metaphors come out better over the computer. No one understands them in real life.

Such as what?

rebecca 03-12-2013 01:19 PM

When I am midway through an online conversation I rush in, swallow several thesauruses, vomit out a few words and throw them around to look clever. Often this results in Insane Metaphors, such as the one I need to look for but I did mention the English Civil War. In real life, this results in a lot of odd looks, but over the internet, one just appears eccentric, not full on insane.

avbhabra 03-12-2013 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rebecca (Post 437702)
When I am midway through an online conversation I rush in, swallow several thesauruses, vomit out a few words and throw them around to look clever. Often this results in Insane Metaphors, such as the one I need to look for but I did mention the English Civil War. In real life, this results in a lot of odd looks, but over the internet, one just appears eccentric, not full on insane.

Well, it's still insane xD but I get what you're saying. Over the internet, people don't look at you like you're a lunatic.

rebecca 03-12-2013 01:29 PM

I was defending MaryElizabeth against Brianna...

I consider this my greatest metaphor yet.

She isn't a cyber bully. This is an army. Armies aren't bullies. War is tragic, but it is not bullying. The spark was lit by your side. The retaliation was a round of musket fire. An explosion of artillery hit us. Of course, I and ME are the cavalry, pistols at the ready with the sword of sarcasm aimed at your heart. We aren't monsters. Look at us. Do monsters speak, or comprehend irony? Do monsters understand revenge?

avbhabra 03-12-2013 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rebecca (Post 437705)

She isn't a cyber bully. This is an army. Armies aren't bullies. War is tragic, but it is not bullying. The spark was lit by your side. The retaliation was a round of musket fire. An explosion of artillery hit us. Of course, I and ME are the cavalry, pistols at the ready with the sword of sarcasm aimed at your heart. We aren't monsters. Look at us. Do monsters speak, or comprehend irony? Do monsters understand revenge?

That's actually quite well written. I don't use similes and metaphors when I talk... only when I feel like it. Which isn't often. Normally, I'd be in a poetic mood. :3

rebecca 03-12-2013 01:37 PM

Oh, I just think of something and my hands spasm across the keyboard. That's about it. Which is why I neither consider nor comprehend the consequences talking - or typing - in this manner could have.

avbhabra 03-12-2013 01:43 PM

Sometime, I'm completely random when I type things but normally, they make sense. Whenever I write, it's because I'm in a writing mood. I can't write when I'm not. :3

MaryElizabeth 03-12-2013 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rebecca (Post 437705)

I remember that one. Akin to the brilliant metaphors of Yann Martel. :D

Owen-L 03-12-2013 02:07 PM

http://www.kidpub.com/story/i-am-sor...ers-2412135763 This might turn into a fight, but I'm not sure.

avbhabra 03-12-2013 02:26 PM

Agreed. -_- Sometimes, the truth is harsh, but it must be said. :/

soph-soph27 03-12-2013 06:31 PM

That was deleted.

BearWithAStrawberry 03-12-2013 06:32 PM

Yes, yes it was.

BearWithAStrawberry 03-12-2013 06:35 PM

Anyone have a fight that I can read through?
I know it sounds stupid.
anyone?

hi62131 03-12-2013 06:45 PM

I keep on hearing the name "Joshua", but I don't know who he is. Is he even on KP anymore? Anyone out there who can give me a link to the fights that this "Joshua" started?

BearWithAStrawberry 03-12-2013 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hi62131 (Post 437827)
I keep on hearing the name "Joshua", but I don't know who he is. Is he even on KP anymore? Anyone out there who can give me a link to the fights that this "Joshua" started?

Joshua was this guy who was being horrificly rude.
I remember him saying the "F" word to somebody.
Well, it's all over now.
He was banned.

hi62131 03-12-2013 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BearWithAStrawberry (Post 437831)
Well, it's all over now.
He was banned.

Oh.
Arrrgh stupid ten character rule...

BearWithAStrawberry 03-12-2013 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hi62131 (Post 437834)
Oh .

Yeah.
I can't find any of his posts either

MaryElizabeth 03-12-2013 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BearWithAStrawberry (Post 437831)
Well, it's all over now.
He was banned.

"I remember"? Neither of us were around when he was here.
Quote:

Originally Posted by BearWithAStrawberry (Post 437837)
Yeah.
I can't find any of his posts either

Most of them were deleted because of threats and excessive cussing.

BearWithAStrawberry 03-12-2013 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaryElizabeth (Post 437841)

I know.
I said "I remember" because it was mentioned before.

L.S.Trendom 03-12-2013 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaryElizabeth (Post 437841)

Alsooo if I recall right he threatened to kill a KPer, or something along those lines (possibly after he was banned) :P

BearWithAStrawberry 03-12-2013 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.S.Trendom (Post 437850)
Alsooo if I recall right he threatened to kill a KPer, or something along those lines (possibly after he was banned) :P

e_e
I would've called the police, have them track him down, and see this "Joshua" guy for myself.
I'd probably also call him "Joshie" just to annoy him.
And I'd poke that old man's stomach.
(I highly doubt that he was just 10)
Wait, he claimed to be ten, right?

Owen-L 03-12-2013 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.S.Trendom (Post 437850)

Wasn't that KPer Kyle? (I don't know much about the Joshua uhh "events" but on flockdraw, someone said he threatened to kill Kyle.)

MaryElizabeth 03-12-2013 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BearWithAStrawberry (Post 437851)
e_e
I would've called the police, have them track him down, and see this "Joshua" guy for myself.
I'd probably also call him "Joshie" just to annoy him.
And I'd poke that old man's stomach.
(I highly doubt that he was just 10)
Wait, he claimed to be ten, right?

"Joshie" wouldn't be the bane of his existence, and if he was an old man on a children's site, I think he'd have, er, different intentions.

L.S.Trendom 03-12-2013 07:09 PM

@Owen: Yup, Kyle.

rebecca 03-13-2013 03:29 AM

I am going to be in trouble here sometime soon...I just know it.

BearWithAStrawberry 03-13-2013 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rebecca (Post 438027)
I am going to be in trouble here sometime soon...I just know it.

How comes?
What, for being a clog cop?
I'm not against them.
cough cough new peeps cough cough