The Writer's Block

The Writer's Block (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/index.php)
-   KidPub Yearbook: 2008 (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   KidPub Complete Fight History (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/showthread.php?t=102)

Pinkypinkgirl 02-21-2012 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leia (Post 254192)
Ditto.

THANK. YOU.

Ditto.

Ok. *takes deep breath* I know we've already explained this to you about a googolplex times. Yes, that is a number.

Anyways. You like writing, yes. And you like Arin, yes, of course. Kidpub is for kids (& teens) to share their writing and get feedback before possibly publishing. Most adult authors don't get that chance, and many adult authors don't even get the chance to publish their book. Perry made this site for kids to write and get CC. I've seen your stories, and about 99% of the time the comments are HELPFUL CC. It's what real authors get, and what they hope to get. Many people on KidPub don't even get comments, let alone CC.

You have two options when you get CC:
1)freak out and 'yell' at all offending parties that they are putting down your story. This is now, that's why people are annoyed at you. We're just trying to help, but its like arguing with a three year old who doesn't want to go someplace.

2) Take CC. Even if it's just half of what they said, take it and strive to edit it for next time. Grammar is important. If you ever want to publish or stop getting "hate" then you need to suck it up and accept that you can fix your writing.

Thank you.

P.S. Anyone have any ideas for a story? I have none at the moment but I really want to start writing up again....

Dude, maybe you read the ones where I did get mad for CC. I took that CC now.

Pinkypinkgirl 02-21-2012 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlgebraAddict (Post 254206)
You don't know what a truce means. A truce means that you won't bicker anymore. I'm not bickering with you, I'm trying to knock some sense into you. You can't make me stop doing that, if you call that crud.

How about rebels under tyrannical rule? xD I'm obsessed with that theme.

Maybe you should stop posting too. I will if oyu will. I am tired of this. I wanted this to end, but your going on... and sometimes I have the urge to keep replying, which I hate during fights like these, darn my urge to keep commenting when I say I stopped....

LaurenM 02-22-2012 03:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlgebraAddict (Post 254206)
You don't know what a truce means. A truce means that you won't bicker anymore. I'm not bickering with you, I'm trying to knock some sense into you. You can't make me stop doing that, if you call that crud.

How about rebels under tyrannical rule? xD I'm obsessed with that theme.

Isn't it supposed to be 'crude'? Or is it the darned different American and British spelling again?;)

MaryElizabeth 02-22-2012 04:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LaurenM (Post 254319)
Isn't it supposed to be 'crude'? Or is it the darned different American and British spelling again?;)

I think she was saying "crud" as in "crap".

chelseki3 02-22-2012 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaryElizabeth (Post 254322)
I think she was saying "crud" as in "crap".

Yah huh. :p
Crud is not so popular in Britain/England/London.

:D

blossom 02-22-2012 04:38 PM

*smacks head against wall*
Look, AA, Mary Elizabeth, Ali, everyone else. First of all, I'm not stupid, I know definitions of a mule, and I also know that even if it's slang, it's still name calling. Now, I may sound like a total idiot saying this, because we all know right now I'm being "over sensitive and dramatic and blah blah blah, but you know what? Maybe things AREN'T working out for her. Maybe she's one of the emtionally abused or something. You never know what's happening to KPers, okay? Last September my uncle Frank died of lung cancer but I didn't let it effect KP because I know that you all hold writing important to you and it was your future, so I tried to keep family tragedies offline. No one here actually knew about it. But now that what Ali said comes up, you're saying she's going through nothing compared to anyone else. I get it. Look at Emma B. I'll miss her dearly, but she has to stop because she needs, erm... help. But calling her a mule or talking about her like that does not make you any more sophisticated or smarter or important or whatever. It's just showing that you can't hold back. You guys, KidPub is not supposed to be a social networking site. It's a WRITING site. AN and WB are just extra pleasures for KidPubbers to talk politely about other subjects. Is that similar to this? Heck, no! So stop calling people sensitive or acting like other people are dumb or "mules" because they need help with grammar or whatever. Ever heard of typos? So just stop it!

MaryElizabeth 02-22-2012 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blossom (Post 254396)
Look, AA, Mary Elizabeth, Ali, everyone else. First of all, I'm not stupid, I know definitions of a mule, and I also know that even if it's slang, it's still name calling. Now, I may sound like a total idiot saying this, because we all know right now I'm being "over sensitive and dramatic and blah blah blah, but you know what? Maybe things AREN'T working out for her. Maybe she's one of the emtionally abused or something. You never know what's happening to KPers, okay? Last September my uncle Frank died of lung cancer but I didn't let it effect KP because I know that you all hold writing important to you and it was your future, so I tried to keep family tragedies offline. No one here actually knew about it. But now that what Ali said comes up, you're saying she's going through nothing compared to anyone else. I get it. Look at Emma B. I'll miss her dearly, but she has to stop because she needs, erm... help. But calling her a mule or talking about her like that does not make you any more sophisticated or smarter or important or whatever. It's just showing that you can't hold back. You guys, KidPub is not supposed to be a social networking site. It's a WRITING site. AN and WB are just extra pleasures for KidPubbers to talk politely about other subjects. Is that similar to this? Heck, no! So stop calling people sensitive or acting like other people are dumb or "mules" because they need help with grammar or whatever. Ever heard of typos? So just stop it!

When did we ever say that her troubles aren't bad? I said that she should keep it out of KP, just like how you kept your uncle out of it. We're not calling her sensitive BECAUSE she has bad grammar, we're calling her sensitive because that's how she acts when someone tells her to WORK on her grammar.

Pinkypinkgirl 02-22-2012 06:36 PM

Quote:

Thank you. You have better words then me :( I owe you a huge thank you

Lily09 02-22-2012 10:12 PM

Quote:

WHAT HAPPENED WITH EMMA? Gosh, I hope she's okay... I don't know as much as LST about what's going on, but I'm still really really really concerned.... I really hope she's fine. :(

AlgebraAddict 02-22-2012 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pinkypinkgirl (Post 254210)
Maybe you should stop posting too. I will if oyu will. I am tired of this. I wanted this to end, but your going on... and sometimes I have the urge to keep replying, which I hate during fights like these, darn my urge to keep commenting when I say I stopped....

No, I refuse to stop posting. This is what is called Persuasion by Annoyance. We keep bugging you until you stop trying to avoid common sense CC.

And please, please shut up about your life. I show my sympathies, but if your life sucks, your writing should be encouraged. My life at times kind of sucks, so I hide in my own little world of writing and pour out what I feel.

ariee 02-22-2012 11:47 PM

I had a horrible fight!

I had a horrible fight with myself and my voices. JK ;D But I did have a fight with Holly J which was really stupid, I am glad we got over the stupidness of that fight. I don't know if anyone really wants to know.

LaurenM 02-23-2012 04:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlgebraAddict (Post 254463)
No, I refuse to stop posting. This is what is called Persuasion by Annoyance. We keep bugging you until you stop trying to avoid common sense CC.

And please, please shut up about your life. I show my sympathies, but if your life sucks, your writing should be encouraged. My life at times kind of sucks, so I hide in my own little world of writing and pour out what I feel.

She already said that she'd accept CC. Can't you just shut your trap? You're becoming extremely annoying, Esther.

blossom 02-23-2012 08:23 AM

Eh... Oh, Emma, LST, Peppermint, forgive me if Emma doesn't want me to talk about it... she was cutting herself, and her mom found out, so she had to leave. Gosh... I feel guilty now... I don't even really know why...

Pinkypinkgirl 02-23-2012 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlgebraAddict (Post 254463)

I wont stop until you do... so... I am done with this, but if you keep posting JUST SO I TAKE YOUR CC, I am not going to take it if it is like this. So, if you dont like it, oh well.... I am tired of this.

MandM 02-23-2012 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pinkypinkgirl (Post 254547)
I wont stop until you do... so... I am done with this, but if you keep posting JUST SO I TAKE YOUR CC, I am not going to take it if it is like this. So, if you dont like it, oh well.... I am tired of this.

I don't think she's asking you to take her CC, she's just asking for better grammar; I'd say, just re-read what you've written and edit out the typos and mispellings. :) That's all, so now we can stop. Else, *giant robot stomps into view* So, y'know, just edit up the little mispellings and punctuation and that's it. :D

chelseki3 02-23-2012 01:47 PM

Yes. You are becoming exeedingly annoying, Esther. Alison said that she was going to take your CC; why won't you just accept that? It was just like this back in the Gay Marraige thread. You don't like accepting apologies, do you? You are strong-minded and fight for your rights, but you need to face reality. Just let it go.

You just wouldn't let it go back in the Gay Marraige thread, Esther, and that is what annoyed me immensly. Yeah so what if your life isn't perfect? Who cares? At least you're existing and you have a home, a cute little baby sister, parents for Christ Sake. Some people don't even have parents, let alone two. (I'm sorry if you don't have two parents, but only one. I must've got that wrong, and I apologise. I hope you accept this apoplogy.) I only have my mom for a parent.

Just let it go and forget about it. Just...accept Alison's apology and continuing giving her CC, if she wants you to. Now I get why you want Alison's grammar to be changed, because I have to say, her grammar is very poor, but she is working on that; just like I'm working on mine.

Nobody's Perfect

AlgebraAddict 02-23-2012 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chelseki3 (Post 254612)
Yes. You are becoming exeedingly annoying, Esther. Alison said that she was going to take your CC; why won't you just accept that? It was just like this back in the Gay Marraige thread. You don't like accepting apologies, do you? You are strong-minded and fight for your rights, but you need to face reality. Just let it go.

You just wouldn't let it go back in the Gay Marraige thread, Esther, and that is what annoyed me immensly. Yeah so what if your life isn't perfect? Who cares? At least you're existing and you have a home, a cute little baby sister, parents for Christ Sake. Some people don't even have parents, let alone two. (I'm sorry if you don't have two parents, but only one. I must've got that wrong, and I apologise. I hope you accept this apoplogy.) I only have my mom for a parent.

Just let it go and forget about it. Just...accept Alison's apology and continuing giving her CC, if she wants you to. Now I get why you want Alison's grammar to be changed, because I have to say, her grammar is very poor, but she is working on that; just like I'm working on mine.

Nobody's Perfect

I don't mean that I won't forgive her. I mean that I refuse to make her kind of truce which means to tell her her stories are great and sugarcoat all future CC. I have been giving her the same kind of CC I've been giving to everyone else.

I wasn't saying that my life is or isn't perfect. I was referring to the times when I get upset over stupid things, or find myself having to cook and clean for the household. Nothing that bad, but still annoying things that make me mad because of puberty. My point is, I don't want to accept an excuse for why she doesn't want to make her writing better.

I was never mad at Alison. I was annoyed with her, but I've completely forgiven her, if that's how you put it. Here are her two options, and she wants both of them.

1. To start with a clean slate and take CC like everyone else
2. To have sugarcoated CC and lots of love and encouragement and be treated like a special mental case.

I refuse to do number two, that's all.

Pinkypinkgirl 02-23-2012 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlgebraAddict (Post 254655)
I don't mean that I won't forgive her. I mean that I refuse to make her kind of truce which means to tell her her stories are great and sugarcoat all future CC. I have been giving her the same kind of CC I've been giving to everyone else.

I wasn't saying that my life is or isn't perfect. I was referring to the times when I get upset over stupid things, or find myself having to cook and clean for the household. Nothing that bad, but still annoying things that make me mad because of puberty. My point is, I don't want to accept an excuse for why she doesn't want to make her writing better.

I was never mad at Alison. I was annoyed with her, but I've completely forgiven her, if that's how you put it. Here are her two options, and she wants both of them.

1. To start with a clean slate and take CC like everyone else
2. To have sugarcoated CC and lots of love and encouragement and be treated like a special mental case.

I refuse to do number two, that's all.

I never said that I wanted all CC "sugarcoated" and for you to treat me like I am special! Oh my god, THATS where you went?

AlgebraAddict 02-23-2012 07:05 PM

Look, we say CC like it is. We don't say, "OMG this sucks you need to _______", but we aren't going to say, "Wow, this is awesome! I really, really like it! Oh, but maybe you should change _____________". Not unless we actually like it. We say what we mean, and that's the way you should accept it.

Pinkypinkgirl 02-23-2012 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlgebraAddict (Post 254759)
Look, we say CC like it is. We don't say, "OMG this sucks you need to _______", but we aren't going to say, "Wow, this is awesome! I really, really like it! Oh, but maybe you should change _____________". Not unless we actually like it. We say what we mean, and that's the way you should accept it.

Well, I did say I would accept it. Just dont have to keep asking me when i say, POLITELY, no. Ok? I know you probably didn't and I did get mad. But at least I think this is clearing up a bit. But I did read the 'Gay Marriage' thread and what you said kind of made me feel unwanted. I mean, I feel horrible about this. I try, and try. But please, dont post mean stuff about me on that thread ok? :) Thanks a whole bunch.
P.S I dont want you to Sugarcoat CC, just dont make it sound really mean, but dont make it sound sugarcoated ok? I am fine with getting CC and will consider (and use the ones I think will be great at that time) all of them!! Thank you so much!! :D

Leia 02-23-2012 09:11 PM

All of you SHUT UP!

Pinkypinkgirl 02-23-2012 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leia (Post 254867)
All of you SHUT UP!

Ok... ok I will *gulps*

ariee 02-23-2012 11:01 PM

Well, my friends, fellow kidpubbers, as you can plainly see that this thread is are fights in the making. Although the authors intentions were otherwise it seems that this has got out of control, so JUST STOP IT!!

AlgebraAddict 02-24-2012 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pinkypinkgirl (Post 254780)
Well, I did say I would accept it. Just dont have to keep asking me when i say, POLITELY, no. Ok? I know you probably didn't and I did get mad. But at least I think this is clearing up a bit. But I did read the 'Gay Marriage' thread and what you said kind of made me feel unwanted. I mean, I feel horrible about this. I try, and try. But please, dont post mean stuff about me on that thread ok? :) Thanks a whole bunch.
P.S I dont want you to Sugarcoat CC, just dont make it sound really mean, but dont make it sound sugarcoated ok? I am fine with getting CC and will consider (and use the ones I think will be great at that time) all of them!! Thank you so much!! :D

Well, that was before your apology... we all knew you as a stubborn little mule who thought that CC would kill you.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leia (Post 254867)
All of you SHUT UP!

http://icanhascheezburger.files.word...them-funny.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by ariee (Post 254940)
Well, my friends, fellow kidpubbers, as you can plainly see that this thread is are fights in the making. Although the authors intentions were otherwise it seems that this has got out of control, so JUST STOP IT!!

*raises hand* Back to the real business of this thread. A fight worth reading. xD

chelseki3 02-24-2012 03:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlgebraAddict (Post 254759)

I have to agree with you, Esther. If that's what you mean! :D *hugs* hey have I mentioned this but puberty is annoying! :D

blossom 02-24-2012 09:47 AM

Oh. My. God. This is getting so OLD. I agree with Leia, SHUT. UP! If you like the story you give CC on, then say it! You don't have to hide it. If you mildly like it, then whatevs, just say it and give the stinkin' CC. If you hate it, then don't freaking bother! It will start a fight. Persuasion by Annoyance is about to blow up in your face. Why can't you just let this stupid fight go?! I will if you will! But noo, you have to keep poking and poking! I WILL POST HOW TO USE BETTER GRAMMAR AND SPELLING AND MAKE STORIES BETTER ON THE NSP! I've been planning to, actually. Did you know that if we all just STOP IT RIGHT NOW, we could start a new KP fight history thread and one day laugh about this because we've finally let it go?

AlgebraAddict 02-24-2012 10:33 AM

Hey, now you're the one. :D

And seriously, that was a joke about the PbA. xD

blossom 02-24-2012 11:23 AM

*facepalm* I can be such an idiot sometimes.

AlgebraAddict 02-24-2012 12:25 PM

Join the club, man! :D

AlgebraAddict 02-24-2012 12:28 PM

At least we're not that idiotic, considering...

http://icanhascheezburger.files.word...ot-jumping.jpg

Pinkypinkgirl 02-24-2012 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlgebraAddict (Post 254982)
Hey, now you're the one. :D

And seriously, that was a joke about the PbA. xD

Yea, I am REALLY laughing now....

AlgebraAddict 02-24-2012 06:39 PM

Yeah is spelled with an H. xD Unless you have a southern accent, like me, which makes it more of a Ya.

On that note...

http://icanhascheezburger.files.word...pg?w=443&h=353

Pinkypinkgirl 02-24-2012 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlgebraAddict (Post 255100)
Yeah is spelled with an H. xD Unless you have a southern accent, like me, which makes it more of a Ya.

On that note...

http://icanhascheezburger.files.word...pg?w=443&h=353

Ok.. 1: I am not from the South, I am from the East, I am a Jersey girl. 2: Cute pic. and 3: I spell Yea without an H because its a habit, if I use the H, i usually forget it about a day later...

AlgebraAddict 02-24-2012 07:05 PM

That was a joke... but I think that your reply was a lot funnier. xD Dooon't take me seriously.

http://icanhascheezburger.files.word...obinamused.jpg

Pinkypinkgirl 02-24-2012 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlgebraAddict (Post 255107)
That was a joke... but I think that your reply was a lot funnier. xD Dooon't take me seriously.

http://icanhascheezburger.files.word...obinamused.jpg

How can I NOT?! You always sound serious with those correction things... wow!! Funy pic btw!! XD

AlgebraAddict 02-24-2012 07:28 PM

Hmm... maybe noticing the lolcat and the xD would have helped? ;)

blossom 02-24-2012 07:32 PM

Awkwardness... thank God the fight has passed! I think. Hopefully it has. Can we, like, call ourselves friends here or something?
Oh my GOSH... AA, have you actually seen Phantom of the Opera? Meet me! I'm a huge fan! :D
Oh, by the way, I'm semi-Southern even though I live up north (born in the South, my mom's kinda Southerny). I like to alternate between "yea" and "yeah". Personally I imagine "yea" as sounding kinda like "yeh".

AlgebraAddict 02-24-2012 07:34 PM

*gasps*

You... you... YOU HAVE WATCHED IT TOO??? O_O

YESH. I am CRAZY about PotO. The All I Ask of You Reprise... *cries*

Pinkypinkgirl 02-24-2012 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlgebraAddict (Post 255127)
Hmm... maybe noticing the lolcat and the xD would have helped? ;)

Yea, I am not dumb... ;)

AlgebraAddict 02-24-2012 07:37 PM

http://icanhascheezburger.files.word...s-confused.jpg

Haha, just kidding. xD