The Writer's Block

The Writer's Block (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/index.php)
-   KidPub Yearbook: 2008 (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   KidPub Complete Fight History (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/showthread.php?t=102)

Zelda 12-02-2016 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SilverMoon (Post 592161)
I'm not mature

^^^
it's not your fault, she's throwing tantrums like a five year old.

SilverMoon 12-02-2016 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zelda (Post 592185)
^^^
it's not your fault, she's throwing tantrums like a five year old.

Being ten doesn't excuse it :/ my sister is 10 and she's nothing like that

Zelda 12-02-2016 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SilverMoon (Post 592188)
Being ten doesn't excuse it :/ my sister is 10 and she's nothing like that

Honestly my 8 y/o brother acts more mature than that.

Suggestion: Mass boycott of Syafai? (my mother suggested it)
It could be that she's just doing all of this for attention, and as soon as she figures out that we refuse to give her attention for doing what she's doing, she might stop.

otaku 12-02-2016 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zelda (Post 592193)
Honestly my 8 y/o brother acts more mature than that.

Suggestion: Mass boycott of Syafai? (my mother suggested it)
It could be that she's just doing all of this for attention, and as soon as she figures out that we refuse to give her attention for doing what she's doing, she might stop.

Agreed although we need to be carefully because she could possibly cite it as bullying by exclusion of it comes up. (Olweus actually being useful what a strange day)
Also thank you guys so much for telling her not to call me by my first name when she doesn't know me! I appreciate it quite a deal BC it's personally pretty rude for her as a newbie to think she's on a first name basis when we've only spoken briefly and few times.

SilverMoon 12-02-2016 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by otaku (Post 592198)
Agreed although we need to be carefully because she could possibly cite it as bullying by exclusion of it comes up. (Olweus actually being useful what a strange day)
Also thank you guys so much for telling her not to call me by my first name when she doesn't know me! I appreciate it quite a deal BC it's personally pretty rude for her as a newbie to think she's on a first name basis when we've only spoken briefly and few times.

Boycott the "attention seeking" stuff, but don't like, ignore her if she says hi. And if she writes an actual story thing, we can still read and comment.

july3girl 12-02-2016 11:45 PM

so firstly i agree with boycotting sy when she says offensive, unnecessary things. if she posts real writing, though, we should try and support her. there are better, more mature, more kind ways to find attention.

ALSO: https://www.kidpub.com/story/pain-3251159923#new
this wasn't even a fight, but she took it that way. she originally said how the poem was relatable to everyone, especially girls, and when i said i disagreed and that i think pain is a human thing and that everyone has experienced it, she got super defensive. anyway. it's just annoying me.

Frostblaze 12-03-2016 12:22 AM

heck yes i am on board with this

honestly i'm sick of dealing with her

Graystorm 12-03-2016 01:20 AM

https://www.kidpub.com/story/quittin...-fyi-l-3288159

Do you think she's actually going to leave?

Also, I feel kinda bad. I know she did/said some horrible things, but this site was intended to be a safe place. Maybe she was making us all frustrated and whatever, but maybe we were a bit extreme.

However, I'm quite happy she's leaving.

Read_Write 12-03-2016 01:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Graystorm (Post 592229)

Also, I feel kinda bad. I know she did/said some horrible things, but this site was intended to be a safe place. Maybe she was making us all frustrated and whatever, but maybe we were a bit extreme.

I feel the exact same way.
I wish we could all get along, but...

Garrett 12-03-2016 01:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Graystorm (Post 592229)

I think if she had joined back in 2011 or 2012 when kidpub was less political and more welcoming to newbies, then she would have done just fine. but that wasn't the case, and I'm pretty sure she was the youngest active member on here.

july3girl 12-03-2016 02:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garrett (Post 592231)
I think if she had joined back in 2011 or 2012 when kidpub was less political and more welcoming to newbies, then she would have done just fine. but that wasn't the case, and I'm pretty sure she was the youngest active member on here.

what can we do to make it better? i don't like that people are leaving for these reasons, but i don't see a way around it. perry has said we are allowed free range to swear and whatever. our political conversations are as tame as we can make them, and i think we all need the space to vent about that. what can we do?

SilverMoon 12-03-2016 03:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by july3girl (Post 592238)
what can we do to make it better? i don't like that people are leaving for these reasons, but i don't see a way around it. perry has said we are allowed free range to swear and whatever. our political conversations are as tame as we can make them, and i think we all need the space to vent about that. what can we do?

yeah. i just feel so shitty about all of this. :/

Frostblaze 12-03-2016 10:53 AM

oh my god she has no room to talk about bullies when she was doing the exact same thing

Jesse 12-03-2016 11:13 AM

mixed feelings
honestly? Perry should open the book store again because that was the main incentive for a lot of people to join.
maybe make it not cost $300 to publish a 20-page book but lol what do I know about business :p

k I'm gonna sink into a puddle of nostalgia and memories. ;-;

SilverMoon 12-03-2016 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jesse (Post 592246)
mixed feelings
honestly? Perry should open the book store again because that was the main incentive for a lot of people to join.
maybe make it not cost $300 to publish a 20-page book but lol what do I know about business :p

ahhh yeah agreed. Idk I mean it must take a lot of money to run, but...

july3girl 12-03-2016 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jesse (Post 592246)
mixed feelings

yeah i mean that's how i found it. i searched "publishing for kids" or something haha.

SilverMoon 12-03-2016 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by july3girl (Post 592257)
yeah i mean that's how i found it. i searched "publishing for kids" or something haha.

I searched like "writing contests for kids" or sth

melanberry 12-04-2016 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SilverMoon (Post 592272)
I searched like "writing contests for kids" or sth

Same, except my dad was the one searching.

rebecca 12-07-2016 08:07 PM

someone on warriorcats forums in the writer's guild mentioned it and I basically lived here for a while lmao

Frostblaze 12-15-2016 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rebecca (Post 592452)
someone on warriorcats forums in the writer's guild mentioned it and I basically lived here for a while lmao

wait you were a part of the wcf too

rebecca 01-25-2017 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frostblaze (Post 592966)
wait you were a part of the wcf too

those were dark days ok lets pretend that didnt happen
(lies I loved it there it was wonderful)

do u remember when it took like three days for posts u made to come online? Now THOSE were the real dark days

Frostblaze 01-25-2017 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rebecca (Post 594044)
those were dark days ok lets pretend that didnt happen
(lies I loved it there it was wonderful)

do u remember when it took like three days for posts u made to come online? Now THOSE were the real dark days

Wait did you never figure it out

You had to post first without the images, AND THEN edit and add them.

Also I met my best fren of three years there

rebecca 01-25-2017 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frostblaze (Post 594047)
Wait did you never figure it out

You had to post first without the images, AND THEN edit and add them.

Also I met my best fren of three years there

no dude
even without images, there was a time when moderators would individually have to review every comment.
it took like, three days for anything to happen.
that stopped eventually but seriously I remember that

Like, I was on there from about 2008/9 ish onwards until 2011 when I came here, and I remember the rly early days were slow and not particularly functional. It was a thing.

Swallowtail 08-05-2017 05:22 PM

https://www.kidpub.com/poll/whats-yo...4149695?page=1
you guys remember that poll oh boy I was going through some old polls and I found that
also remember when people got so so angry that teens were on kidpub? and the political debates with Lelin? I have so many fights saved on my computer and I'm d y i n g

Werty 11-17-2018 09:41 AM

I exist and am on a quest to make every forum have the most recent post by me! Thank you all for existing!

Lol I chose this thread for abseloutely NO reason whatsoever.