The Writer's Block

The Writer's Block (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/index.php)
-   Free advice (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Your emotional venting thread. I'll explain. (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/showthread.php?t=2095)

AlgebraAddict 07-01-2014 06:36 PM

http://time.com/134152/the-toxic-app...ghts-movement/


Heather: I googled it and found this article

HeatherB 07-01-2014 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlgebraAddict (Post 544813)
http://time.com/134152/the-toxic-app...ghts-movement/


Heather: I googled it and found this article

PRAISE THiS ARTICLE OMFG

Lena 07-01-2014 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoMarch (Post 544749)
so like my friend invited me to a party through like a group message with over eleven people and I didn't even recognize most of the numbers and now I'm freaking out bc social anxiety I don't wanna go this is what I meant by being alone in a crowd anything more than five can be a crowd to me parties with lots of ppl usually end up with me forgotten
the last party I was at I accidentally got hurt and that was the only thing that stopped me from hurting myself I don't think I was made for parties they make me so alone but fuck
I know I'm still going to go bc the possibility it won't be bad and so I can be a good friend but just the idea of it is really fucking scary
also if I don't go I'll just be home bored and just as alone

yeah I guess I'm going

hey i hope everything goes well and that you have a lot of fun and i know how you feel but hopefully everything will be perf okay

cloudwriter 07-02-2014 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lena (Post 544759)
my parents seem to laugh off my fears, and then when I call them out on it, they act like it's all myfault. "oh haha lena the reason u have awful social anxiety is bc you don't get out enough hahaha" and then when i try to explain that they're not helping, they get all defensive and act like they're better than me and like i chose to be this way and have this war going on inside me and like the reason i put things that don't matter to me aside and instead focus on taking care of myself and being happy is because i'm an idiot who is a failure and it just sucks because I just want them to be there and try to understand instead of just pushing meaningless shit on me. it's basically saying "i don't really want to put forth the effort to talk to you love you k bye" and it hurts and I need them to understand that

Oh my God I understand exactly how you feel. My parents are the same way.

I literally had a mental breakdown yesterday because they don't understand how you can't just easily choose to get rid of your fears and stuff. Like I can't swallow pills and my mom wanted me to take these two pills because I have really sucky skin, but anyways I couldn't do it so I went in the other room and started crying and when she found me and I told her she was like "it's not that hard. You're not even trying." and then she just basically left me in there.

Lena 07-02-2014 01:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cloudwriter (Post 544931)
Oh my God I understand exactly how you feel. My parents are the same way.

I literally had a mental breakdown yesterday because they don't understand how you can't just easily choose to get rid of your fears and stuff. Like I can't swallow pills and my mom wanted me to take these two pills because I have really sucky skin, but anyways I couldn't do it so I went in the other room and started crying and when she found me and I told her she was like "it's not that hard. You're not even trying." and then she just basically left me in there.

ughh i feel you. parents can be really insensitive. swallowing pills has always been hard for me too.

TheAshWolf 07-02-2014 01:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.S.Trendom (Post 544673)
and i don't know if i'll get to and that makes me sad
and i don't know if i'll get to spend my life with anyone what if i'm alone
and death and forever/nothingness is fucking terrifying
but if there's a forever i'd want to spend it with her i think
and FUCK FUCK FUCK you have no idea how badly i wish i believed in a God that loved everyone—a God that loved me, no matter what i did or how many people i lost or how alone i was, fuck that would be the greatest thing ever—a God that was always there and cared , and an afterlife and fuck
i dont know

I'm afraid of the uncertainty, too. <:^/ That I will admit. It's terrifying, not knowing how your life will turn out and who you may or may not share it with. I totally understand that fear. But, Isaac...worrying about it relentlessly won't help your chances with Sam. You need to take things one day at a time, and not worry about tomorrow or next week or next year. Today has its own anxieties.

And I understand how you feel about fearing death. Millions of people do. It's TOTALLY understandable. But, the thing is, there's absolutely NO reason to fear death! While there is no realm of the dead, no afterlife, or anything like that, the dead DO have hope. Here, I suggest you read these. They're both very brief. ^_^
http://www.jw.org/en/bible-teachings.../when-you-die/
http://www.jw.org/en/bible-teachings...fear-of-death/

Also this here if you want to know why we can trust what the Bible says about the resurrection. Just scroll down to the subheading "Why is belief in the resurrection reasonable?"

And, the truth is, there IS a God out there who loves you no matter what. "God is love," says 1 John 4:8. Many false religions paint him as someone who's cruel, uncaring, aloof, doesn't care about individuals, etc. But, that's not what the Bible says at all. "Draw close to God, and he will draw close to you." - James 4:8. "Jehovah is close to the brokenhearted; He saves those who are crushed in spirit. Many are the hardships of the righteous one, But Jehovah rescues him from them all." - Psalms 34:18, 19. And, regardless of how many times you mess up, God will ALWAYS be willing to forgive you and love you anyway.

Mind if I ask you something...? Is there a specific reason why you don't believe in God? <:^)

TheAshWolf 07-02-2014 02:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.S.Trendom (Post 544704)
sam said she's probably gonna break my heart or demolish our friendship and like
fuck
being with her? spending my life with her and travelling the world with her and shit??
that's like the main fucking thing i'm looking forward to
and i couldn't travel alone i'd just end up killing myself
and i couldn't stay in the US

but just like fuck
you have no idea how fucking badly i need soemthing that lasts something that i can hold onto
in my eyes what the FUCK is the point of living
but nah
emma? lost her. we were friends again for a while, not nearly as close and things were kind of weird. but now she doesn't have internet so we haven't talked in months
elliot? haha yeah shit got fucked up. we're not even really friends anymore
and it's probably only a fucking matter of time before i fuck shit up with sam and then i'm gonna be alone again and what's the fucking point of going through the cycle again and again and again if i'm just gonna lose everyone and it's gonna mean nothing in the end and no matter waht i'm just gonna die and be alone and forgotten and none of it will fucking matter
and i don't have family to hold onto
i don't have god to hold onto
if i lose sam and a couple other friends i have fucking nothing
and just like
fuck
i really wish i wasn't alone right now

Isaac, I'm...I'm so, SO sorry you've lost so many people in your life. <:^c But, please, PLEASE don't kill yourself, and don't think that you're entirely alone, because you're NOT. And please don't assume that what you have with Sam will fall apart. And, even if it does, that doesn't mean you'll never ever be with someone.

Plus...I know you don't believe in God, but, the truth is, God DOES exist, and he doesn't want you to be alone. He doesn't want you to be in pain. That's part of what the Bible is for--explaining why we can trust in God, why the world is so messed up, and also that we have hope for the future, and to comfort us when things weigh us down. He communicates to us through the Bible, so, that's why we should turn to it and pray when we're upset. But, the thing is, even though you don't have a relationship with God right now, he still wants you to be happy. I want you to be happy. Sam wants you to be happy. Your family wants you to be happy, even though you're not super close to them.

I'm really, really sorry that you're feeling so terrible. But, please, don't think you're alone. Because you're not. ;w;

TheMoonWakedWolf 07-02-2014 02:08 AM

ok ok this may be kind of late but LENA OMG

dude i totally get what you're going through oh my god it sucks

but hey please try to remember that all that social anxiety really TRULY isn't your fault, ok? you may feel like shit, but i promise, you aren't. it is super fucking terrifying trying to talk to people and trying to make friends, and i know a lot of times parents don't understand because they grew up in another time and they don't seem to grasp that concept, but you are honestly worth an infinite number of times more than other people and your anxiety makes you feel.

people love you. there will be people who don't like you, but you will move on from them, and you will find so many people who love you just as much as you love them (if not more) who will stay with you forever. it may be really difficult to believe--nearly impossible, depending on your view of yourself-- but it. will. happen. i guarantee you, there are people who think of you from day to day and smile at memories of you and know that their life is better with you in it. seriously, i promise.

you may want to try talking your parents into letting you see a therapist. it's scary going to see one at first, but the more you go, the easier it gets. they may also suggest a psychiatrist, who can give you some medicine for your anxiety, if they believe it's what you need. i haven't had medicine long enough to tell you whether the effects are good or bad, and they vary from person to person and medicine to medicine, but i know for a fact that a therapist will make your life easier.

if you can't go to one for whatever reason, please remember these things i've told you. keep yourself healthy. remind yourself that you do in fact have a future and there is so much opportunity for change and happiness. write and draw whatever makes you feel good. eat and sleep and move, even in excess. listen to songs that tell you how wonderful you are and make you cry because you don't hear those words nearly as much as you deserve. it will get better

wow sorry this is a halfway reminder to myself too but yea its past midnight ok things have been getting rough for me

pluzzle 07-02-2014 02:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheAshWolf (Post 544941)
Isaac, I'm...I'm so, SO sorry you've lost so many people in your life. <:^c But, please, PLEASE don't kill yourself, and don't think that you're entirely alone, because you're NOT. And please don't assume that what you have with Sam will fall apart. And, even if it does, that doesn't mean you'll never ever be with someone.

Plus...I know you don't believe in God, but, the truth is, God DOES exist, and he doesn't want you to be alone. He doesn't want you to be in pain. That's part of what the Bible is for--explaining why we can trust in God, why the world is so messed up, and also that we have hope for the future, and to comfort us when things weigh us down. He communicates to us through the Bible, so, that's why we should turn to it and pray when we're upset. But, the thing is, even though you don't have a relationship with God right now, he still wants you to be happy. I want you to be happy. Sam wants you to be happy. Your family wants you to be happy, even though you're not super close to them.

I'm really, really sorry that you're feeling so terrible. But, please, don't think you're alone. Because you're not. ;w;

Dude I hope I'm not just speaking for myself when I say this, but GOD DOES NOT HAVE TO BE BROUGHT INTO EVERYTHING. I get religion, I don't have one, but I understand why people do and I'm cool with that. It's just when people bring god and the bible up constantly it really bugs me - like, it doesn't help any if you don't believe in him.

I'm not trying to be rude, it's just so many people do this.

TheMoonWakedWolf 07-02-2014 02:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pluzzle (Post 544950)
Dude I hope I'm not just speaking for myself when I say this, but GOD DOES NOT HAVE TO BE BROUGHT INTO EVERYTHING. I get religion, I don't have one, but I understand why people do and I'm cool with that. It's just when people bring god and the bible up constantly it really bugs me - like, it doesn't help any if you don't believe in him.

I'm not trying to be rude, it's just so many people do this.

isaac mentioned god in his vent, it's chill


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:43 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.