The Writer's Block

The Writer's Block (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/index.php)
-   Free advice (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Your emotional venting thread. I'll explain. (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/showthread.php?t=2095)

Swallowtail 06-28-2017 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zelda (Post 595369)
Zoloft? That's...that's not really supposed to be given to kids/teenagers maybe you should ask to be put on something else. I'm not a professional, but all the research I've done into that particular drug in the past has said that Zoloft should only be given to kids/teenagers as a treatment for OCD, because it can have really bad side effects.

also let me fight your brother. =-=

i was told it would help with my anxiety/depression/sensory problems and I was told it was ok for my age but idk. i don't think my parents would be willing to do anything else really--they're just glad i'll be taking meds because they're tired of dealing with me how i usually am

Zelda 06-28-2017 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swallowtail (Post 595371)
i was told it would help with my anxiety/depression/sensory problems and I was told it was ok for my age but idk. i don't think my parents would be willing to do anything else really--they're just glad i'll be taking meds because they're tired of dealing with me how i usually am

Zoloft = not real great for depression unless you're an adult. if you start feeling really sluggish and just worse in general for more than, say, a month then perhaps it's not for you. But everyone reacts differently ^-^

just don't start skipping meds, that's dangerous ok? talk to someone about getting things changed if you think you need to.

if you're uncomfortable with taking meds, perhaps you could make an agreement with your parents to go to therapy instead? You might find that attending one-on-one or group sessions helps, minus the side effects of meds, and your parents will be somewhat satisfied. (oh, i probably sound a lot like your parents rn, I'm sorry. i just think that maybe therapy might be a good step, as long as you were comfortable with it of course. ^^ it seems scary but it really does help)

SilverMoon 06-29-2017 01:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swallowtail (Post 595377)
i'll be starting therapy soon even though I'm not comfortable with it (I went to therapy in 3rd grade and it made everything much worse) and I told them I didn't want to take meds and they told me "well that's the way things are going to be and you're just going to have to deal"
so if things are bad I have zero confidence that they'll try and fix anything. they're mostly doing this because I don't like to be touched and that pisses my mom off and she's decided to try and "fix" me of that.

If you do need meds: I'm on Prozac, and Gabapentin/Neurontin, and Neurontin was very useful for me and I think has stabilized my mood quite a bit. So I'd recommend that because it's what works for me. But it's different for everyone.

Not all therapy is bad. Perhaps you could find a therapist with whom you can also discuss your issues with your parents.

That's all I can offer you, sorry I'm not very helpful

Zelda 06-29-2017 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swallowtail (Post 595377)
i'll be starting therapy soon even though I'm not comfortable with it (I went to therapy in 3rd grade and it made everything much worse) and I told them I didn't want to take meds and they told me "well that's the way things are going to be and you're just going to have to deal"
so if things are bad I have zero confidence that they'll try and fix anything. they're mostly doing this because I don't like to be touched and that pisses my mom off and she's decided to try and "fix" me of that.

oh dear, well maybe things will go better this time? I mean, I resented/lowkey hated getting dragged to the therapist (the whole three times it happened) when I was younger, but now I'm thinking of going back just for like, a mental check-up, because it really can help.

A therapists job is literally just to help you. You might find that you get more comfortable with it once you get to know the therapist a bit better. (plus 3rd grade is just a rough time man...any grade is a rough time :/)

also there's nothing wrong with not liking to be touched, lots of people don't like being touched. Adults just have a hard time seeing things that aren't part of their personal schema. T=T

Zelda 06-29-2017 02:45 PM

- this following little semi-rant isn't really an emotional vent or anything, I just didn't want to spam the A/N anymore, rip.

I swear whenever I try to message Rydli (long gone screenname of his, I swear I'm not posting real names) it always devolves into me struggling to come up with topics that are 'intellectual' enough for him. tbh he's a bit of a smartass and he's legit super intelligent (and he knows it), and idk, I feel like he's so used to everyone around him also being super intelligent and then I message him with my usual hey-let's-talk-about-harry-potter-and-shit and he's like ??? no lets not.

I get the sense that he views me as lowkey dumb, and it's so frustrating T-T. I am 5 months younger than him and I graduated 2 full months before he did. I swear I'm not stupid, I just prefer talking about fun books than highkey intellectual problems.

meerkat 07-02-2017 01:12 AM

goodbye!!!

Gracithe1andonly 07-02-2017 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meerkat (Post 595437)
goodbye!!!

i'd rather say hello, if that's ok.

Zelda 07-04-2017 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meerkat (Post 595437)
goodbye!!!

no no come back here, unless you're getting ice cream or smth, then you can leave.

strawberry 07-04-2017 11:18 AM

um so i went to a new psychiatrist in india here an d told him abt everything and im on three new meds and apparently he wants me to see a psychologist here take a psychometry/personality test what does that mean hhh

SilverMoon 07-04-2017 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by strawberry (Post 595577)
um so i went to a new psychiatrist in india here an d told him abt everything and im on three new meds and apparently he wants me to see a psychologist here take a psychometry/personality test what does that mean hhh

Yo dw those things r ok


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:39 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.