The Writer's Block

The Writer's Block (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/index.php)
-   Free advice (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Your emotional venting thread. I'll explain. (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/showthread.php?t=2095)

saphiremoon 08-05-2014 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoMarch (Post 551952)
well today kind of sucked

:c email? only if you want to tho <333

Athenabrain1 08-05-2014 07:28 PM

ugh well i'm pathetic.
scared by a little needle.
not wanting to listen to parents.
parents who're strict.
friends who're horrible.
Giving up on things.
Not fighting.
Dealing with living.
Pressure.
I wish for the day I can take flight.
I'm glad for this place to vent, really.
ignore this.

blossom 08-05-2014 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoMarch (Post 551952)
well today kind of sucked

oh no, what's wrong?

Quote:

Originally Posted by SilverMoon (Post 551937)
Think I'm a nice person?
Ha, you're wrong.
Think I'm a good person?
Ha, you're wrong.
Know why?
I don't believe in "good."
What is a so-called good person?
Nice?
I guess it exists.
But I'm not.
Trust me.

I don't know you very well but don't feel that way. You're a good person and we can all be rude at times! you'll be okay.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Athenabrain1 (Post 551959)

ugh well i'm pathetic.
scared by a little needle.
not wanting to listen to parents.
parents who're strict.
friends who're horrible.
Giving up on things.
Not fighting.
Dealing with living.
Pressure.
I wish for the day I can take flight.
I'm glad for this place to vent, really.
ignore this.

you aren't pathetic! There's nothing wrong with being afraid of needles. And we all go through things like this. I've had mean friends too. I'm not sure what you mean by not fighting so i cant really address that. Feel better!

your daily reminder to smile, have some water, and feel good!

Athenabrain1 08-05-2014 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blossom (Post 551977)

you aren't pathetic! There's nothing wrong with being afraid of needles. And we all go through things like this. I've had mean friends too. I'm not sure what you mean by not fighting so i cant really address that. Feel better!

your daily reminder to smile, have some water, and feel good!

I consider myself a coward, not speaking up to my friends and family and fighting the fears, you that would be what I meant by 'fighting'.
Thanks.

HeatherB 08-05-2014 10:37 PM

i dont know what to do anymore
like i would talk to people about this but
i want them to talk to me first
bc otherwise im just another needy little shit in their life
and then theyll start to hate me
and talk about me behind my back
i know how taht ends
i dont want to lose her i odnt want ot lose her
but i dont know how i can keep thsi iup

CosmoCat 08-05-2014 11:34 PM

I put a book on my desk as a reminder...

So, i was considering going back to the terrible ballet class for the rest of the week and I wanted to find one of my favorite books to encourage me. It's called "The Silver Slippers" and it's about a young ballet dancer who gets a necklace with Silver Slippers to help her do well in her first recital. For some reason, I couldn't find it and that was extremely disappointing. But in the process, I found "Harold and the Purple Crayon". I knew that I had seen this several places before (the characters, the crayon, the book itself) but I could never remember the story. So I sat down and read it. I feel like I'm about to cry because all I could think was "this is what I want to do". I want to use my imagination to create something innocent and inspiring like this; I wanted to be as creative of an artist as this man was; I didn't want to dance anymore. So I'm overwhelmed with this happy realization that this is what I would rather do and it makes me very relieved to be able to find something like this when I needed it most. Of course, if you're reading this, then you're probably bored and there's a good reason for that. I'm writing this for me. I'm putting this "story" out there so that, next time I feel like forcing myself into something, I can clearly see what it is I really want to do. Of course, if you feel you want to read the book now, go right ahead; it's a lovely book. And so very, very inspiring. I've also been feeling really crappy lately (freakin' hormones) but "relief" cannot even begin to describe how good I feel right now.

JoMarch 08-06-2014 01:13 AM

@blosom and Nikki
ehey thanks for the support guys I just wasn't having a great day I'll be fine tho c:

L.S.Trendom 08-06-2014 02:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blossom (Post 551919)
there's Heaven and Hell, but you've most likely heard that right?

how old are you bro? just wondering

about the venting, if venting is something that makes you feel better you could use the notes section on your phone or ipod. however i don't want to condone the self judgement.

(and about the drugs, same thing goes--please don't. there's always a risk. and this may not mean much to you but personally i think it's wrong/maybe a sin. idk you're still chill and stuff but i just want you to not be involved with that bc it's still a bad idea.)

ya but that doesn't mean they sound believable.

seventeen.

just like ugh it sucks having to bottle it up.

eh yeah i'm p sure i'm not going to and it def wouldn't be a regular thing.

L.S.Trendom 08-06-2014 02:27 AM

HAHAHAH Fuck my life so hard
i don't even know what i'm going to do if me and sam fall apart

Owen-L 08-06-2014 03:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blossom (Post 551919)
hey no you're rad! both of the actions you discussed are not good and you shouldn't consider them good! no matter how unwanted you think you are, you are wanted and people care about you! i know i do!

whatever happened at your dad's, try as hard as you can to get somewhere safe. maybe an aunt or uncle, or if that can't happen, back to your mom's if that's your only other option?

ha no i'm not. i'm really not. i dont consider them good.

i pretty much hate all my family except my brother and sister and cousins and i can't go back to my mum's.

fuck ifeellikecuttingagain

L.S.Trendom 08-06-2014 03:58 AM

haha no one seems to get it
i can't fucking just lose everyone and everything over and over again
I FUCKING CAN'T!

do you know why i believe it isn't true?
cause like that's literally the only option
cause if it is true i'm just gonna fuckin throw myself in front of a train
i fucking cant

july3girl 08-06-2014 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.S.Trendom (Post 551993)

Why do you think you and Sam are going to break up?

blossom 08-06-2014 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Owen-L (Post 551995)
ha no i'm not. i'm really not. i dont consider them good.

i pretty much hate all my family except my brother and sister and cousins and i can't go back to my mum's.

fuck ifeellikecuttingagain

please don't. there are alternative solutions like scribbling really hard, punching a pillow, holding ice against your skin, drawing with red pen, etc. i'm sure you could find one that works for you.

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.S.Trendom (Post 551993)

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.S.Trendom (Post 551996)
haha no one seems to get it
i can't fucking just lose everyone and everything over and over again
I FUCKING CAN'T!

do you know why i believe it isn't true?
cause like that's literally the only option
cause if it is true i'm just gonna fuckin throw myself in front of a train
i fucking cant

i don't know much about you and sam's relationship so i can't say much there but remember that one person is not your entire world, even if you think they are sometimes (or a lot.). and whatever is going on it will pass and it will be okay.

is that about the Heaven and Hell thing? (don't throw yourself in front of a train buddy instead pet cute animals and wear warm clothes and pick dandelions and blow the fuzz off of them.).

y'all stay happy!

blossom 08-06-2014 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HeatherB (Post 551980)
i dont know what to do anymore
like i would talk to people about this but
i want them to talk to me first
bc otherwise im just another needy little shit in their life
and then theyll start to hate me
and talk about me behind my back
i know how taht ends
i dont want to lose her i odnt want ot lose her
but i dont know how i can keep thsi iup

you can always talk to me whenever you need to. i worry about the same stuff too though bc it's like i see my friends and they're all chill and stuff and then im like "heLLO I AM UPSET" and i'll feel bad. just remember friends care about you and if they don't, they aren't friends. and if they talk bad about you stop interacting with them.

but if u ever need to contact me that's 100% ok

u go out and u do what it is u want to do u keep from losing her u can do it

Quote:

Originally Posted by Athenabrain1 (Post 551979)
I consider myself a coward, not speaking up to my friends and family and fighting the fears, you that would be what I meant by 'fighting'.
Thanks.

that's not necessarily cowardly. just try standing up the next time the opportunity arises! that may not sound easy but it can be a very spur-of-the-moment thing. and i've been working on fighting tears too, i keep imagining im just moving the tears someplace else. it kind of works. not completely though.

also @JoMarch no problem!

you guys are loved <3

Athenabrain1 08-06-2014 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blossom (Post 552012)

that's not necessarily cowardly. just try standing up the next time the opportunity arises! that may not sound easy but it can be a very spur-of-the-moment thing. and i've been working on fighting tears too, i keep imagining im just moving the tears someplace else. it kind of works. not completely though.

you guys are loved <3

I can't really focus on anything else than reprimanding myself for being like this.
The though to disappear scares me, yet it sounds refreshing, in a way.
I'd never felt so strongly about something like this, to be honest.
I'm even considering holding my breath for to long, which I've done, but I end up breathing again because I get scared or just can't do it.

blossom 08-06-2014 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HeatherB (Post 552073)
after vacation. before school.
now i just have to decide how.

no absolutely not

contact me please i would be so upset

please i don't mean to make you feel bad but just don't we'll all be crushed we'll be blaming ourselves and you have SO MUCH to live for just please please please please do not

please remember you're worth a lot to people

please don't do this

please remember we care and we don't want you to go

please I'm about to cry just

please

Quote:

Originally Posted by Athenabrain1 (Post 552077)
I can't really focus on anything else than reprimanding myself for being like this.
The though to disappear scares me, yet it sounds refreshing, in a way.
I'd never felt so strongly about something like this, to be honest.
I'm even considering holding my breath for to long, which I've done, but I end up breathing again because I get scared or just can't do it.

no no nonononono that's a no don't think like that

I want you to not disappear

God cares

i care

we care

your body is trying to keep you alive

your body cares

care about yourself, yourself cares back

AND LAUREL THE SAME GOES FOR YOU OKAY

seriously contact me if you ever need to

i love all you guys so much please love yourselves back you're all important

Ember 08-06-2014 11:30 PM

I want to feel something.
I need to feel something.
The emptiness is killing me.
I can't take this.
Something, anything, would be better than nothing.
I want to scream.
But it doesn't matter anyways.
All there is is nothingness.
But somehow that's what's the most painful.

Athenabrain1 08-06-2014 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blossom (Post 552078)

no no nonononono that's a no don't think like that

I want you to not disappear

God cares

i care

we care

your body is trying to keep you alive

your body cares

care about yourself, yourself cares back

AND LAUREL THE SAME GOES FOR YOU OKAY

seriously contact me if you ever need to

i love all you guys so much please love yourselves back you're all important

It seriously scares me, that I'd ever have thoughts like this.
Ugh.
I don't want to cry anymore.
I'm worried.

blossom 08-06-2014 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ember (Post 552079)
I want to feel something.
I need to feel something.
The emptiness is killing me.
I can't take this.
Something, anything, would be better than nothing.
I want to scream.
But it doesn't matter anyways.
All there is is nothingness.
But somehow that's what's the most painful.

run around your house put on footie pajamas jump up and down punch pillows dump a cup of water on your head dig in the dirt open your refrigerator and take out some food you like and eat it take a freezing shower chew gum do anything to make you feel something

there's something to life there's more than nothingness

Quote:

Originally Posted by Athenabrain1 (Post 552080)
It seriously scares me, that I'd ever have thoughts like this.
Ugh.
I don't want to cry anymore.
I'm worried.

take a nap and then when you wake up do something distracting

occupy your time so you don't think about that stuff

try to get it to leave your head

it gets better <3

TheAshWolf 08-06-2014 11:53 PM

(*feels really really bad that a bunch of you guys are so depressed and going through so much*)

(*wants to say something encouraging*)

(*realizes I really don't know most of you very well and am thus nervous about saying something*)

(*panic*)

TheAshWolf 08-06-2014 11:56 PM

Look, I know I don't talk to most of you much and I don't know you well, but, I just want to let you all know that you're loved. Okay? I have love for you, and so does a BUNCH of other people on here. Please, please don't hurt yourselves. Just wait it out; problems usually don't last forever. Things are always changing. Please. Things CAN and WILL get better if you just hold on long enough! <3

I really really wish there was something more I could do to help you all. I wish I could take away all the pain. But I can't. Just please remember that what you feel now is temporary and things WILL get better.

TheAshWolf 08-06-2014 11:57 PM

Also heyyy blossom, how are you today? I'm REALLY sorry I haven't responded; I'm super busy with everything and I haven't been online much. x__x I shall respond ASAP.

blossom 08-07-2014 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheAshWolf (Post 552085)
Also heyyy blossom, how are you today? I'm REALLY sorry I haven't responded; I'm super busy with everything and I haven't been online much. x__x I shall respond ASAP.

im good, how are you? that's absolutely fine, i understand completely haha.

Puckbrina159 08-07-2014 12:48 AM

Quote:

Laurel, please don't. I know we don't know each other very well but I love and care about you and I would feel so horrible if you did anything to hurt yourself, or worse. Stop and realize what you have. Don't focus on the negative for a while, but focus on everything else. Think about a friend that makes you happy, or Glee, or Chris Colfer or something that makes you feel happier. Think about the people that would miss you if you were gone. I know everyone on KP would be horribly sad, and I can pretty safely assume that your mom and dad and other family love you so much and would miss you a ton.
Please don't. There's so much for you to live for, I promise.

JoMarch 08-07-2014 12:51 AM

Quote:

pleasepleasepleasepleaseno
go to a help website or call a hotline
please just don't kill yourself
we will all miss you terribly and nothing will be the same
i really would feel like i was missing something if you died
so pleasepleaseplease
please
do not
kill yourself
we love you okay we love you and we want you to live

L.S.Trendom 08-07-2014 02:12 AM

Quote:

remember. call me. please.
i fucking love you i can't lose you

lvhamsters 08-07-2014 02:27 AM

Quote:

Please please please don't!!! There are so many people that care about you, whether you know it or not.
Just.... please try to focus on the happy things in life and steer yourself away from the sad things. Or at least distract yourself and try to find that zone you can go in where you can block out the sad feelings, if that makes sense. Just please hang on a little longer :c Please? And please continue talking to us and keeping us posted on how you're feeling so we can help you along!
Just please stay strong and hang on as long as you possibly can :c

pluzzle 08-07-2014 03:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puckbrina159 (Post 552105)
Laurel, please don't. I know we don't know each other very well but I love and care about you and I would feel so horrible if you did anything to hurt yourself, or worse. Stop and realize what you have. Don't focus on the negative for a while, but focus on everything else. Think about a friend that makes you happy, or Glee, or Chris Colfer or something that makes you feel happier. Think about the people that would miss you if you were gone. I know everyone on KP would be horribly sad, and I can pretty safely assume that your mom and dad and other family love you so much and would miss you a ton.
Please don't. There's so much for you to live for, I promise.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoMarch (Post 552106)
pleasepleasepleasepleaseno
go to a help website or call a hotline
please just don't kill yourself
we will all miss you terribly and nothing will be the same
i really would feel like i was missing something if you died
so pleasepleaseplease
please
do not
kill yourself
we love you okay we love you and we want you to live

Quote:

Originally Posted by lvhamsters (Post 552109)
Please please please don't!!! There are so many people that care about you, whether you know it or not.
Just.... please try to focus on the happy things in life and steer yourself away from the sad things. Or at least distract yourself and try to find that zone you can go in where you can block out the sad feelings, if that makes sense. Just please hang on a little longer :c Please? And please continue talking to us and keeping us posted on how you're feeling so we can help you along!
Just please stay strong and hang on as long as you possibly can :c

ALL OF THESE TIMES 589358034850. laurel we need you we can't loose you now you've made it so far. please.

camikat 08-07-2014 10:10 AM

Quote:

laurel please don't there are so many people that love you and even though i don't know you very well i honestly don't know what i would do if you were gone
you are such an amazing person you've made it this far please don't give up now. suicide doesn't end the bad moments, ends the chances of things getting better.
we need you alive please call a hotline or get help please

TheMoonWakedWolf 08-07-2014 01:57 PM

Quote:

no you will NOT decide how
you will decide how NOT to: sipping hot cocoa wrapped in a warm snugly blanket or eating hot popcorn wrapped in a warm snugly blanket
Seriously, please, Laurel, don't try anything. Talk to someone. Smash something. Anything to keep those feelings away, even if it's only momentary. I know it feels like there's nothing left for you, but please please please try to see how much there could be. I know it doesn't mean much and it might be selfish to say, but all of us would be absolutely devastated if you left. Please, just try to keep up hope. Fight through it. There's nothing else I can say. Please just keep going. Keep trying.

LaurenM 08-07-2014 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by camikat (Post 551879)
i told my dad i don't believe in his church and that i'm agnostic and he said i still needed to go to church because i "need" it and he says i need to go talk to my bishop about my "questions" sighs

damn it i hope your bishop is better than your dad
Quote:

no no no please don't i really don't know what to say but there are and will be a lot more things to live for

camikat 08-07-2014 03:09 PM

alice please don't
watch a movie make some cookies do whatever makes you happy i know life can get hard but please believe me it gets better <33
if you're seriously thinking about it please call a hotline or get help

Lily09 08-07-2014 03:09 PM

Quote:

laurel please please please don't. we all love you so much and we would all be so heartbroken and we would miss you terribly. you are wonderful and amazing and you are important!! please just hang on please, it won't be like this forever. you matter to us SO much <33

Athenabrain1 08-07-2014 03:13 PM

It just looks too tempting.
But I'm too scared to do it, so I probably won't.
That's just what I am.
Too afraid.
I think I'll just go to the quiet place project.
Maybe it'll help.

Lily09 08-07-2014 03:15 PM

hey alice. please don't, i don't know you as well, but i'll miss you tons if you do. i know it's cheesy, but it gets better. in seventh grade i was determined to kill myself by eighth grade. im now going to ninth grade and im so glad im alive. it will take a long time to get better, but its something to look forward to.

edit: the quiet place project does help !! try the comfort spot too (:

also if anyone was quoting my original message can u unquote pls.

Jesse 08-07-2014 03:19 PM

http://www.teenhelp.org/

blossom 08-07-2014 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Athenabrain1 (Post 552142)
It just looks too tempting.
But I'm too scared to do it, so I probably won't.
That's just what I am.
Too afraid.
I think I'll just go to the quiet place project.
Maybe it'll help.

im glad you're trying to help yourself :-) stay strong! <3

that goes for all the rest of you too!

LizzieS 08-07-2014 05:37 PM

Does anyone else feel unnaturally stressed? Especially over the summer? I feel like I get way too stressed over little things. Like, for my summer homework I have my summer reading for English but I'm also taking AP US History next year so I have a big assignment for that (I have to read 5 chapters in the text book and do packets on them, read The Jungle, and watch 3 hour long videos). So far I completed my summer reading and I've done about 3 of the chapters in the text book. So now I'm stressing so much because I only have less than a month left to finish it and over the summer I have such a short attention span when it comes to homework so I can't just do it all in a week like some of my friends did and I'm worried that I'm not going to finish it or that it will be the week before school starts and I'll be cramming to do all the homework.

And then I'm taking music lessons (because apparently you have to take private lessons if you play the oboe) so I always get really stressed about that because I have to practice the exercises my teacher gives me but now I'm also learning to make reeds so I have to do the reed work as well and my teacher is super nice but I'm always afraid that if I don't practice enough then she's going to yell at me. My lessons are on Tuesdays and right now it's Thursday and I'm already stressing that I won't have my assignments done in time for my lesson.

I just want to know if anyone else feels this way. Or if I'm just weird in that I freak out over due dates so much.

pluzzle 08-07-2014 05:59 PM

Yeah I do too, I'm back at school and all my upcoming assignments I've finished but I'm still really stressed for no reason.

Also, 1) what's a packet? And 2) why do you guys get summer homework? Like, the two years aren't connected, how do you get HW for a subject you aren't doing yet?

LizzieS 08-07-2014 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pluzzle (Post 552151)
Yeah I do too, I'm back at school and all my upcoming assignments I've finished but I'm still really stressed for no reason.

Also, 1) what's a packet? And 2) why do you guys get summer homework? Like, the two years aren't connected, how do you get HW for a subject you aren't doing yet?

1) A packet is just a bunch of papers stapled together. A booklet. I have one that I have to complete with questions about the chapters I have to read.

2) For English, we always have to do summer reading. We just have a choice of books to read and we have to pick one and read it and fill out a page on it. Then we usually have a book talk at the beginning of the year (this year I think we have to write an essay on it). But I'm taking an AP class, which is basically a college-level class but you're taking it in high school, so we have to do work prior to starting the class because there isn't enough time in the school year to cover all of it. We have to read the first five chapters of the textbook because in school we will be starting at the sixth chapter. It's just to give us background knowledge so we don't start the class completely clueless.