The Writer's Block

The Writer's Block (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/index.php)
-   Guilds (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Who hates text speak? (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/showthread.php?t=444)

Danish621 07-09-2009 02:54 AM

Who hates text speak?

I'm just saying. Here on KidPub most of us that I know of use proper grammar and whatnot. But I went on this site for an author I like, and it had a forum. On the forum, everyone was using *txt spk*! I was completely, I dunno, irritated. There were messages like:

Quote:

wer r u goin i wan2 come wit u cuz being wit mkz meh hppy so can i come????
It was irritating. I don't understand why people write "meh" instead of me or my. That's one more letter to add. I can stand smiley faces like :] or :D and I can take it when people use lol or haha or teehee, except I don't understand the point of using ROFLOLMAO when you could just use lol.

I also don't get why they use text talk in emails. Couldn't you use the extra seconds or so to use proper spelling and grammar? I don't mind typos, Kazel here's the typo queen, and I get it when you don't know how to spell something. But seriously. I got an email from my friend like this:

Quote:

kk well c u l8r g8r i g2g kk well ttfn, ttyl like @ idk like 7. kk byes now. ;D
Well. I could understand it, but it looked so sloppy.

Any opinions?

Lauren 07-09-2009 03:30 AM

I HATE TXT SPK!!!!!!!!!!! WITH A PASSSSSSSSIIIIOOOOOOONNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Half my friends speak like that on messenger, and sometimes I just don't talk to them because I can't stand reading it. Also because I can't understand it WHATSOEVER.
GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR~!~!~!

And people do it to annoy me *coughcasscoughcallacoughcoughhacksplutter*
*seethes*

Okay vent there. XD

VanessaP 07-09-2009 09:39 AM

I don't mind it as much as I mind when people, instead of saying "many" say "much". Like "I at too much grapes". It drives me insane!
The thing about text talk though is when I'm on aim, I always use it, but when I'm writing and emailing I don't. A lot of times it takes me more time to tell my brain to write "txt" then to just write "text".
So yeahhh.

Rachel 07-09-2009 02:04 PM

I hate when people use text speak on KidPub. It drives me insane. We're authors, we write, you should know how to use proper grammer! Talking like "idk im bored wats ^ w/u?" makes me think the person is ignorant.
I can stand a random BTW or LOL, I use that myself, but text talk all the time makes me want to yell at whoever's doing it.:o

Kiwara 07-09-2009 02:09 PM

I absolutely hate text talk. It drives me insane. I never use it, unless I have to type really fast in email. One of my friends text talks in emails on occasion. I get a single line that takes me like three or four minutes to decipher what she's saying. It's really annoying. Oh and Lauren, it's not "hate with a passion." It's "hate with a fiery passion"! My friend says that all the time.

Rachel 07-09-2009 02:20 PM

It makes people look like they can't speak properly.:mad: Fools.

Kazel 07-09-2009 05:30 PM

Sagar... for once, I agree with you. TEXT SPEAK MUST DIE......

De-Ecrivian 07-09-2009 05:42 PM

Wow, you guys are mean. I don't text speak fluently, but I can if I want to. I don't see what's so bad about it...........

Shayok 07-09-2009 06:39 PM

I don't like it, it's annoying, but its not THAT bad...

De-Ecrivian 07-09-2009 06:44 PM

yeah, definately not bad enough for flaming oil, SAGAR.