The Writer's Block

The Writer's Block (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/index.php)
-   Free advice (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Your emotional venting thread. I'll explain. (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/showthread.php?t=2095)

pluzzle 07-07-2014 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoMarch (Post 547070)
ehh i have a pixie cut i love it it's so fab
are your parents the ones saying getting a haircut will make you lose your femininity? bc i really don't agree. like it wouldn't be just the hair cut you can still be feminine with a pixie cut and you can be masculine too its more the person than the hair
wow
if you can make you're hair look like that then you are skilled at manipulating hair i bow down to you

sorry about your parents i really hope they let you get a haircut :/

YEAH it depends what kind of haircut u get. You can have feminine pixie cuts. obvs I have a (hoping to be) masc haircut bc... u know I'm a dude but yeah there are some SUPER cute haircuts. It doesn't define u, ur hair

magsiscool 07-07-2014 01:29 PM

I think I'm ready to talk about this.

Last Sunday, My dad was drunk. Not incredibly drunk, but it was obvious. We were in Atlanta. We were at the hotel. I was upstairs watching Dr.Who and my brother was downstairs with my dadn at the pool. I came downstairs to ask my dad a question and my dad told me to stay down with him so he would feel less guilty about being toasted. Our plan was for the night was going to the Hard Rock Cafe (one of my favorite places) and I didn't feel comfortable going there with my dad in that state. When we went back up to the hotel room, I told him I didn't feel it was right for him to be drunk in front of his children. My brother called my Dad into the bathroom to help him with something. He soon came back and told me to tell him what other problems I had. I told him two of them. He proceeded to get furious and I was so scared. He kept pressuring me to say more but I was too scared and I refused too. He brought my brother into the room to get his opinion, which porter who always tries to keep peace agreed with everything daddy said while I was crying. I ended up hiding in the bathroom for an hour or so until we went out for dinner. After dinner, he stood me outside the cafe and told me everything I did wrong. How I had no place to say those things. I just cried and said yes sir. We went back to the hotel and I cut.

MaggieMay 07-07-2014 03:11 PM

well i have a therapist now

magsiscool 07-07-2014 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaggieMay (Post 547166)
well i have a therapist now

That's good

Athenabrain1 07-07-2014 05:05 PM

May I clarify something.
I hate shots. And pain. And needles.
And I've been avoiding this particular shot for so long.
And we have an appointment with my brother to see the doctor tomorrow.
So I'm hyperventilating now.

MaggieMay 07-07-2014 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Athenabrain1 (Post 547190)
May I clarify something.
I hate shots. And pain. And needles.
And I've been avoiding this particular shot for so long.
And we have an appointment with my brother to see the doctor tomorrow.
So I'm hyperventilating now.

can't you get that nose spray stuff instead?

Athenabrain1 07-07-2014 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaggieMay (Post 547192)
can't you get that nose spray stuff instead?

I think he vaguely mentioned something about there only being needles for this thing.?

lvhamsters 07-07-2014 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by magsiscool (Post 547151)

Last Sunday, My dad was drunk. Not incredibly drunk, but it was obvious. We were in Atlanta. We were at the hotel. I was upstairs watching Dr.Who and my brother was downstairs with my dadn at the pool. I came downstairs to ask my dad a question and my dad told me to stay down with him so he would feel less guilty about being toasted. Our plan was for the night was going to the Hard Rock Cafe (one of my favorite places) and I didn't feel comfortable going there with my dad in that state. When we went back up to the hotel room, I told him I didn't feel it was right for him to be drunk in front of his children. My brother called my Dad into the bathroom to help him with something. He soon came back and told me to tell him what other problems I had. I told him two of them. He proceeded to get furious and I was so scared. He kept pressuring me to say more but I was too scared and I refused too. He brought my brother into the room to get his opinion, which porter who always tries to keep peace agreed with everything daddy said while I was crying. I ended up hiding in the bathroom for an hour or so until we went out for dinner. After dinner, he stood me outside the cafe and told me everything I did wrong. How I had no place to say those things. I just cried and said yes sir. We went back to the hotel and I cut.

Ah jeez :c i really don't know what to say. Have you told someone about this? If not it would probably be a good idea too, even just a friend that could support you if it happens again. An adult would be a better idea though like a school councilor or someone even though it is summer....but hey, just stay strong. Remember that everything is temporary. In a couple years, you'll be out of your house and on your own, away from your dad. Just please try to stay strong :c we're all here for you.

Arthurboulos 07-07-2014 06:13 PM

Quote:

That's horrible. I'm so sorry, that's so horrible and nobody deserves that. *Huggles* Maybe tell your boyfriend?

Athenabrain1 07-07-2014 06:14 PM

Quote:

Aww, that sucks, really. I agree with her, you should definitely tell somebody you really, really trust won't let it out and ask them for advice. I suggest going to thequietplaceproject.com and vent on the Comfort Spot or whatever else, because I find it helps with letting your emotions out. People give amazing advice there. If you don't want to tell anybody, I can kind of understand. You're right about that. Your dad shouldn't be like that, much less in front of children.
I hope everything gets better, and wish you luck.