The Writer's Block

The Writer's Block (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/index.php)
-   Free advice (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Your emotional venting thread. I'll explain. (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/showthread.php?t=2095)

maxi 11-05-2012 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jesse (Post 359540)
:O You can't just quit. The Nanopeople send dementors to kiss you.

I don't care. xD
I can't. It's because that I feel like I can't write Future Wars anymore because of NaNo and also that I can't write 5 novels at once. D: ._. Yeah, I quit and I don't care.

Moogle 11-05-2012 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by magsiscool (Post 359504)
HOW COULD YOU SAY THAT???
Run before the KP POLICE CATCH YOU!
Ok girl whats wrong?

No, no. I LOVE writing, it's amazing, I just hate the social aspect of it. I don't know if it's only me, but because of writing I have no frickin idea of who I am. I have no attitude. I realized this about six months ago, and it really really annoys me. My attitude and how I act depends completely on the main character in what I am working on. So, like, for the one I would be working on if it weren't for NaNo she is sweet, nice, sensitive, and somewhat outgoing. I loved being her. It helped me make friends in a new school, and I was no longer as shy as I used to be. But now that NaNo has started the mc is super bold, and acts before thinking. So that's how I'm acting. I hate it so so so much. I'm trapped by my characters, and I don't have my own personality. It sucks.
Quote:

Originally Posted by L.S.Trendom (Post 359537)

No. Haha though it is in a really intense scene right now and I'm just murdering it.... D:
Likada gifs

L.S.Trendom 11-05-2012 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moogle (Post 359580)
No, no. I LOVE writing, it's amazing, I just hate the social aspect of it. I don't know if it's only me, but because of writing I have no frickin idea of who I am. I have no attitude. I realized this about six months ago, and it really really annoys me. My attitude and how I act depends completely on the main character in what I am working on. So, like, for the one I would be working on if it weren't for NaNo she is sweet, nice, sensitive, and somewhat outgoing. I loved being her. It helped me make friends in a new school, and I was no longer as shy as I used to be. But now that NaNo has started the mc is super bold, and acts before thinking. So that's how I'm acting. I hate it so so so much. I'm trapped by my characters, and I don't have my own personality. It sucks.


No. Haha though it is in a really intense scene right now and I'm just murdering it.... D:
Likada gifs

Oh…
But you've never stopped being a nice, awesome person. Maybe trying to think from the point of view of the other character, when you're at school and stuff, would help?

Moogle 11-05-2012 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.S.Trendom (Post 359595)
Oh…
But you've never stopped being a nice, awesome person. Maybe trying to think from the point of view of the other character, when you're at school and stuff, would help?

I know, but I can't. And I don't even know if Maple is me. Because when I'm not working on anything I'm a nobody. I sit in the corner and say nothing. People ask me if I'm ok and I tell them that I am, but I know that in all reality I may not be, but I don't know because I can't tell my own feelings.
I am probably making no sense...

L.S.Trendom 11-05-2012 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moogle (Post 359607)
I know, but I can't. And I don't even know if Maple is me. Because when I'm not working on anything I'm a nobody. I sit in the corner and say nothing. People ask me if I'm ok and I tell them that I am, but I know that in all reality I may not be, but I don't know because I can't tell my own feelings.
I am probably making no sense...

No, I think I get what you mean…
What if you, like, write a bit of a short story or something with Maple/the character you prefer to be in it, everyday before school?
You're not a nobody. Ever.

Moogle 11-05-2012 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.S.Trendom (Post 359613)
No, I think I get what you mean…
What if you, like, write a bit of a short story or something with Maple/the character you prefer to be in it, everyday before school?
You're not a nobody. Ever.

Too much work...and I'm already getting up at 4:30 to work on NaNo. (Gah I hate homework) But thanks for the advice.
Someone in my math class the other day was trying to explain how everyone is everybody. Meh. It was confusing.

CosmoCat 11-05-2012 06:41 PM

Wow, life is really bugging me right now...and that's putting it lightly. A boy from youth group was in a car accident and I don't know why I'm so darn concerned about it becuase he's okay and he's making the best of it. And I'm not showing anyone but my sisters my drawings becuase no one else respects them...and if they don't take my feelings seriously when they say something, I won't show my drawings to ANYONE BUT MYSELF. Everything anyone says about the pictures, I take seriously, so nobody gets to see them becuase they don't understand what their words are doing to me!!! I just got a flu shot in my left arm and blood taken from the same arm so it's pretty sore (typing isn't helping). I had a bad experience with taking blood when I was little and I burst into tears every time it's mentioned. I'm behind in school work and doing two Geometry lessons in one day is starting to be too much. I can't seem to sleep very well for some reason; I keep waking up and staring at the ceiling for hours on end. I don't have time to bake anymore becuase this stupid schoolwork, especially Spanish, is taking up every little bit of my weekend. I can't stand to be around people right now because they annoy me too darn much. I'm about to yell at my mom becuase she is making me feel worse every time she tries to make me feel better. When I get in the shower, I'm probably going to cry becuase nobody will notice/care then. So if someone could just magically poof over to my house, do my homework, help me draw some characters, tune my ukulele, buy me some professional markers, teach me how to keep focused, and help me write some stories, that would be awesome. No seriously, that would be great...

magsiscool 11-05-2012 06:43 PM

Every time when I look in the mirror
All these lines on my face getting clearer
The past is gone
It went by, like dusk to dawn
Isn't that the way
Everybody's got the dues in life to pay

I know nobody knows
Where it comes and where it goes
I know it's everybody sin
You got to lose to know how to win

Half my life
Is books written pages
Live and learn from fools and
From sages
You know it's true, oh
All these things you do come back to you

Sing with me, sing for the years
Sing for the laughter, sing for the tears
Sing with me, just for today
Maybe tomorrow, the good lord will take you away

Yeah, sing with me, sing for the year
Sing for the laughter, sing for the tear
Sing with me, just for today
Maybe tomorrow, the good Lord will take you away

Dream on
Dream on
Dream on
Dream until your dreams come true
Dream on
Dream on
Dream on
Dream until your dreams come true
Dream on
Dream on
Dream on
Dream on
Dream on
Dream on
Dream on

Sing with me, sing for the year
Sing for the laughter, sing for the tear
Sing with me, just for today
Maybe tomorrow, the good Lord will take you away
Sing with me, sing for the year
Sing for the laughter, sing for the tear
Sing with me, just for today
Maybe tomorrow, the good Lord will take you away.

TheAshWolf 11-05-2012 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by magsiscool (Post 359642)
Every time when I look in the mirror
All these lines on my face getting clearer
The past is gone
It went by, like dusk to dawn
Isn't that the way
Everybody's got the dues in life to pay

I know nobody knows
Where it comes and where it goes
I know it's everybody sin
You got to lose to know how to win

Half my life
Is books written pages
Live and learn from fools and
From sages
You know it's true, oh
All these things you do come back to you

Sing with me, sing for the years
Sing for the laughter, sing for the tears
Sing with me, just for today
Maybe tomorrow, the good lord will take you away

Yeah, sing with me, sing for the year
Sing for the laughter, sing for the tear
Sing with me, just for today
Maybe tomorrow, the good Lord will take you away

Dream on
Dream on
Dream on
Dream until your dreams come true
Dream on
Dream on
Dream on
Dream until your dreams come true
Dream on
Dream on
Dream on
Dream on
Dream on
Dream on
Dream on

Sing with me, sing for the year
Sing for the laughter, sing for the tear
Sing with me, just for today
Maybe tomorrow, the good Lord will take you away
Sing with me, sing for the year
Sing for the laughter, sing for the tear
Sing with me, just for today
Maybe tomorrow, the good Lord will take you away.

Aerosmith. *nods* Awesome band. Equally awesome song.

maxi 11-05-2012 07:16 PM

ASDFGHJKL
I am finishing the un-edited version of my novella today (Future Wars Book 1). :DDD


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:06 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.