The Writer's Block

The Writer's Block (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/index.php)
-   School (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   School Complaints. (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/showthread.php?t=2849)

LaurenM 09-14-2012 08:48 AM

School Complaints.

Well, the title says it all. Complain about school stuff here. Homework, punishments, detention...et cetera.
PUNISHMENTS. UGH.
I forgot to bring a worksheet to Chinese class and guess what my punishment was?
Copy a chapter-ish thing from the Chinese book that was about 1100 words. Twice. And you know how Chinese characters are kind of packed together, which takes it longer than ever. I had to finish that within a day. So I did it in Geography WHILE listening. Desperate times make multi-tasking easier!
But I still like my Chinese teacher, solely because of the fact that she doesn't talk in a droning voice and actually makes Chinese seem more interesting.
Any complaints about school?

Ruza 09-14-2012 10:38 AM

Homework, mostly, is my complaint. Teachers don't seem to understand that students have athletics, instrumental lessons, and the need to sleep.

MaryElizabeth 09-14-2012 04:37 PM

I once spent five hours doing my math homework, so I inevitably needed to move down from advanced math.

Rockshadow 09-14-2012 05:07 PM

Spanish.

I really despise my spanish teacher. MSFHDS<FHDS i could go on for hours, really.

MaggieMay 09-14-2012 05:35 PM

They don't give us enough time to get changed in P.E.
-__-

Owen-L 09-14-2012 05:36 PM

School in general is a complaint. '>_>

avbhabra 09-14-2012 06:27 PM

Well, I have nothing much to complain about. I mean, we get 5 minutes before periods with I am just fine with. Music? My teacher hates our class. Last yer, I loved music, partially because of the teacher, partially because of the, er, music. :p This year... ? Mm... not so much. But I love school! My French teacher is totally epic and my English teacher, I swear, he's like Snape in Harry Potter. He's in your presence and you feel obliged to be quiet and follow the rules. I don't know how he does it but its AWESOME!!!

wildwolf 09-14-2012 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaggieMay (Post 340185)
They don't give us enough time to get changed in P.E.
-__-

We don't even change for P.E., we had to get rid of the locker rooms. :-/

wildwolf 09-14-2012 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ruza (Post 340155)
Homework, mostly, is my complaint. Teachers don't seem to understand that students have athletics, instrumental lessons, and the need to sleep.

Yup .

LaurenM 09-14-2012 08:44 PM

We had to change in the classroom.

SilverMoon 09-15-2012 09:15 AM

My social studies teacher (1st period) is awesome, and then my orchestra teacher (2nd) is HILARIOUS, P.E. can be annoying but overall it's pretty cool, my science teacher (4th) jokes around a lot but we still get a lot of work done, my math honors teacher (5th) is nice and we haven't done anything hard yet, advisory teacher (6th) is nice but advisory's only like twenty minutes, and then my English teacher (7th/8th) is pretty cool and we've already done a writing project (although it was only writing an ode to something). And then from 8-8:20 A.M. in the cafeteria is entertaining, and Math Counts Fridays after school (anyone else have Math Counts at their school?), no tardies or detentions (at least not yet) ... I could go on and on and on and on...

... So, I don't have any school complaints. Yet.

Moose 09-15-2012 10:05 AM

Art homework. I like doing it, sort of, but it takes hours, and we get 1 week to do it, along with the other big piles of work from other subjects... -.-'

avbhabra 09-15-2012 11:49 AM

We have locker rooms but the only problem is that the girls' one is always locked. Only the boys' is open. So we have to change in the washroom. :(

lvhamsters 09-15-2012 01:44 PM

I wavered PE so I'm not doing it. But instead I'm doing lots of sports and stuff XD

EmmaR 09-15-2012 02:01 PM

I never really liked PE. My PE teachers have been awesome, but I just never really liked it. At my school, you have to get All American (top 25 in the country in running, top 10 in swimming, idk about other sports) to get waved from PE. I should know. I do 5 sports.
My complaint would be the homework. It's literally a week and a day into the school year and we've already had 34 assignments. The funniest thing was that last year, at convocation (the high school joins the middle school and the head of school gives a speech), the head of school gave a speech about the importance of free time. It took all I had not to just crack up. Ha! Free time! Like anyone knows what THAT is! The school keeps emphasizing on creating well-rounded global citizens that are not only focused on academics, but sports and arts, and then they dump craploads of homework on you and still think you have time to practice.

cheezemziez 09-15-2012 03:49 PM

Waiting for the bus. And for lunch. And the temperature of the main build. And Mrs Clark. And moving point groups.

Owen-L 09-15-2012 05:03 PM

I hate my new timetable. P.E first thing on a Monday morning. -___-

avbhabra 09-15-2012 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lvhamsters (Post 340483)
I wavered PE so I'm not doing it. But instead I'm doing lots of sports and stuff XD

You don't have to do PE if you don't want to? Lucky!! Although, my PE class isn't so bad. I mean, the teacher let's us do what we want. But yeah, I tried out for the school soccer team and made it. It was totally epic!!! Except for the fact that I may have a minor concussion. :mad:

cheezemziez 09-15-2012 07:43 PM

Our PE teacher has an appreciation club on facebook. When we came back from running the year 9s told him that they were going skiing with him, and he started talking about how happy his parents would be. >.< His first name sounds like a girl's name though.

meerkat 09-15-2012 08:58 PM

At my school, we have this thing called Mile Club. It's not even a club, as everyone has to do it each Friday. Basically, you just run for 20 minutes nonstop and record how much you ran. I get hyper after doing it, but everyone else wants to abolish it because it's tiring. And the fact that they sell junk food in the cafeteria isn't helping our PE grades...

LaurenM 09-20-2012 10:22 AM

I complain about the fact that my friend Circle's friend keeps coming to our classroom during lunch because she had something to complain about. And Circle just so happens to sit next to me, so I practically never have my seat.
But her complain is pretty reasonable...

camikat 09-21-2012 07:31 PM

I have to sit with my homeroom class at lunch every day. -_- I have a friend there, but still, I have others. It's really unfair.

On the other hand, there's Botany Club. :3 And the electives are pretty awesome.

camikat 09-21-2012 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SilverMoon (Post 340411)
My social studies teacher (1st period) is awesome, and then my orchestra teacher (2nd) is HILARIOUS, P.E. can be annoying but overall it's pretty cool, my science teacher (4th) jokes around a lot but we still get a lot of work done, my math honors teacher (5th) is nice and we haven't done anything hard yet, advisory teacher (6th) is nice but advisory's only like twenty minutes, and then my English teacher (7th/8th) is pretty cool and we've already done a writing project (although it was only writing an ode to something). And then from 8-8:20 A.M. in the cafeteria is entertaining, and Math Counts Fridays after school (anyone else have Math Counts at their school?), no tardies or detentions (at least not yet) ... I could go on and on and on and on...

... So, I don't have any school complaints. Yet.

I have Math Counts, but the auditions haven't been held yet.

DragonRider 09-22-2012 04:58 AM

One word:
Homework.

LaurenM 10-15-2012 07:08 AM

/points at above post.
Ditto.
And oh yes...English class.
One thing I've discovered is...most Chloes I know are uber annoying. Or evil.
Not wanting to brag, but I'm pretty sure that I'm one of the best in English in Form 1. But a certain Chloe gave me an EFFING 69 out of 100 for my English powerpoint for introducing myself (yet again). Most of the points I got were 82-100, which I think I can accept, but a 69?
I was confident that I did an OK job, and even my teacher gave a comment, which she normally doesn't. We had to grade our classmates, and THAT EFFING CHLOE...There was a comment section, and what she wrote was 'Don't know what she is saying...=.="'

WELL? I'm pretty sure that my grammar was fine and not too bad, maybe a typo or two, MUCH BETTER THAN YOURS. Carlana and Rachel said I included a few 'complicated' words, fine. But 'don't know what she is saying' ?!
You either think I'm not talking about myself, or spouting spontaneous nonsense, but I wasn't, so I must conclude that YOUR INTELLIGENCE IS IMPAIRED.
You don't understand a few words, fine, I don't care. But the whole thing? And a 69?!
(I'm repetitive, I know)
I don't get why you even got into Division A.

EmmaR 10-15-2012 08:19 PM

I suck at Earth Science.
And it sucks to suck at things.

LaurenM 10-16-2012 09:08 AM

Chinese is my effing bane in life. Translating the Chines History terms into English is VERY useful.

Owen-L 10-18-2012 06:32 PM

My school needs an manga/anime club. :^I

AlgebraAddict 10-18-2012 10:10 PM

Fourth block is stupid. School should end after third block.

SilverMoon 10-18-2012 10:59 PM

I have maaaaaaaaath homework. Over my four day long weekend that starts tomorrow.

LaurenM 10-19-2012 05:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlgebraAddict (Post 350334)
Fourth block is stupid. School should end after third block.

Whatever is that?
School ends way too late and I still have to wait twenty minutes for the schoolbus. Might as well decorate the notice board.

AlgebraAddict 10-19-2012 10:38 AM

We have four blocks. Two blocks before lunch, two blocks after. Our classes are either half blocks (45 minutes), whole blocks (1 hour and 30 minutes) or, for science field trips, double blocks (3 hours). I am ready to go by the end of third block. D:

EmmaR 10-19-2012 07:53 PM

Really? We have 8 45 minute periods, 9 40 minute ones on Thursday. And we only have double classes in 5th grade.

MaggieMay 10-19-2012 07:56 PM

We have a 15 minute homeroom and then 7 50 minute periods, lunch counting as 25 minutes. We have 3 minute passing periods. On Wednesdays we have no homeroom but 45 minute classes and a 45 minute study hall at the end of the day.

LaurenM 10-19-2012 09:59 PM

Our timetable is assembly (except on Friday), one seventy-minute period, a fifteen minute recess, two seventy-minute periods, an hour of lunchtime 8D, two seventy-minute periods...and HOME!

cheezemziez 10-20-2012 11:01 AM

We have four 1 hour and 10 minute periods in our timetable. 3 before lunch and one after.

Also, look at the tags.

MaggieMay 10-21-2012 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LaurenM (Post 350807)
Our timetable is assembly (except on Friday), one seventy-minute period, a fifteen minute recess, two seventy-minute periods, an hour of lunchtime 8D, two seventy-minute periods...and HOME!

OhmigoshyougetrecessYOUGETRECESS?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! ?!?!?!?!?!?!!? SOOOOLUCKY!!!!

wildwolf 10-21-2012 10:38 AM

I HATE MY SOCIAL STUDIES CLASS.
All our teacher does is give us work out of the textbook to do. She seldom actually stands up and actually friggin teaches us. I mean, she's a nice enough lady, but as a teacher, she's awful.

BLERGH.

LaurenM 10-21-2012 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaggieMay (Post 351681)
OhmigoshyougetrecessYOUGETRECESS?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! ?!?!?!?!?!?!!? SOOOOLUCKY!!!!

YOU DON'T?!
Poor you. Maybe the Hong kong schooling system is nice after all.

wildwolf 10-21-2012 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LaurenM (Post 351690)
YOU DON'T?!
Poor you. Maybe the Hong kong schooling system is nice after all.

I don't get recess either. :-/