The Writer's Block

The Writer's Block (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/index.php)
-   Story Ideas (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   The Rant About What you're Writing Thread. (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/showthread.php?t=4267)

SilverMoon 05-14-2017 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EmmaR (Post 594881)
i submitted a 15 page short story to a literary journal and they emailed me back like a week later being like "uhhhhhhhhh our word count limit is 1500"

rip that sounds like something I would do

Garrett 05-15-2017 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gracithe1andonly (Post 594789)
did she like it? how did it go?

she liked it. there's definitely tons of edits that need to be made to the writing and the plot, but I knew that.
anyway it was great and I suggest everyone do it when they have a finished draft. she's reading what I have written of Scars of the Sea right now.

Garrett 05-15-2017 04:11 PM

Should I keep posting chapters of Scars of the Sea on here? I am definitely going to finish but I may not post, especially if no one is going to read it. I don't want to clog of the NSP with my stories lol.

SilverMoon 05-15-2017 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garrett (Post 594913)
Should I keep posting chapters of Scars of the Sea on here? I am definitely going to finish but I may not post, especially if no one is going to read it. I don't want to clog of the NSP with my stories lol.

I'll try to read&comment!

Gracithe1andonly 05-15-2017 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garrett (Post 594913)

Did I not comment on the last two??? oops lemme go do that because I am committed

Zelda 05-24-2017 06:51 PM

massive plot hole, haha, this is what I get for jotting a synopsis instead of making an actual plot.

on the other hand, have you ever been stuck and just decided, you know what, let's just blow something up and see what happens.
and you're sort of just messing around, but it ends up working really well?
that's what I'm doing right now. pieces are slowly falling into place, and it's really rather pleasant.

SilverMoon 07-06-2017 05:46 PM

The book I'm reading always makes me think of the Sun, Moon, and Sky saga prequel novel(s?) about Morrigan's backstory.

She's an exiled queen from a small kingdom in the far north. The prequel novel(s?) tentatively called Kingdom of Red are about her life from the age of 0-18 (birth to exile) and all of SMS is a tragedy but not always entirely depressing.

But like its a fantasy political drama.

Someday I'm gonna be the very best ((like no one ever was~~)) writer and my books are gonna be fuckin lit.

I gotta find my notes about this stuff when I get home. I should do more SMS planning.

Gracithe1andonly 07-15-2017 06:37 PM

considering that she's 100% overwhelmed rn and has 0 idea what to do, she's doing pretty well

Zelda 07-19-2017 04:20 PM

Kuebiko is entering the final section of writing (oh yeah p.s. I wrote 3 more chapters and haven't uploaded them sorry) and I'm stuck. I need to get from point A to point B and it's a small jump really, but asdasdghjgdf I never actually wrote down a plot for this what am I supposed to write.

Gracithe1andonly 07-19-2017 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zelda (Post 596030)
Kuebiko is entering the final section of writing (oh yeah p.s. I wrote 3 more chapters and haven't uploaded them sorry) and I'm stuck. I need to get from point A to point B and it's a small jump really, but asdasdghjgdf I never actually wrote down a plot for this what am I supposed to write.

I'm in the same boat honestly, I know what to do for the first few chapters and the last few but I've no idea how to get from here to there