The Writer's Block

The Writer's Block (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/index.php)
-   Free advice (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   GSRM Community (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/showthread.php?t=3738)

Lily09 01-25-2014 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pluzzle (Post 516934)
yeah Eli is right Rebecca you don't really have to :P

if it's not too much trouble!

its no trouble at all!! thanks for informing me (:

Sandy 01-25-2014 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lily09 (Post 516207)

that blog is my lifesource

Quote:

Originally Posted by blossom (Post 516274)
I'm really ashamed of some people because they hate on hets just for being hets like dON'T YOU SEE THAT IS DISCRIMINATION AND IT SHOULD STOP

YOU SHOULD NOT BE DISCRIMINATED AGAINST BECAUSE YOU'RE GAY OR LESBIAN OR BI OR PAN OR WHATEVER

YOU SHOULD NOT BE DISCRIMINATED AGAINST BECASE YOU'RE HETEROSEXUAL

ugh.

i don't think anyone gets discriminated against because they're heterosexual. that seems a lot to me like reverse racism, which doesn't exist--people take offense to the white girl jokes and white people jokes, yet no one gets killed or shot or harassed due to being white, and no one gets exterminated en masse for being white.

you're right, no one should be discriminated against.
but there is a much more urgent problem than white cishet discrimination.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lily09 (Post 516352)
i think when most people say they hate hets they mean they hate the system and how a lot of them treat the oppressed, not actual het people. and when people say "hets are queerphobic" instead of "a lot of hets are queerphobic"(or something similar) because saying "a lot" or "most" allows het people to think "im not one of them!" instead of actually questioning their own internalized queerphobia.
and while i do agree that discriminating het people isn't at all good, i also want people to stop saying that "hate" and "oppression" against het people is just as bad as queerphobia. because no, straight people usually dont get killed and beaten and kicked out of the house for being heterosexual.

ya like no one needs to come out as heterosexual. it's assumed that all people are cisgendered heterosexual. i agree with eli

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lily09 (Post 516389)
yep
i think everyone has the slightest bit of internalized queerphobia them, and if not queerphobia, then slight internalized discrimination without even knowing it. we just gotta work to reduce that as much as possible.
like even if its not queerphobia, people are still cissexist without even knowing it. like even my best allies have said "being a girl sucks because that means periods" and "boys are lucky because they have dicks".

christ, i'm queer and i have internalized queerphobia. most of the time i end up hating myself and wishing i was cishet and knowing that my life would be easier if i could just be cishet, and i'm constantly trying to "make myself cishet" and questioning myself and thinking i'm a freak and i'm not sure of anything haha kill me pls

Quote:

Originally Posted by pluzzle (Post 516416)
bleh i don't really feel like a girl today and i want to dress more... boy-ish-ly but I'm going to a family friend (who has a son in my class) 's house tonight so it'll be weird and i wehufnksd

i really want to cut my hair like, i don't even identify as the female gender anymore at this point and i've already picked out a name that i love if i end up identifying as male once this wave of confusion passes and i'm more certain of my gender identity.
i already can't stand wearing my feminine clothes like even if it's pajamas like i just can't do it anymore. i can't even imagine myself wearing a dress at my own wedding like?????????? something is happening 2 me and i don't know what

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lily09 (Post 516541)
nah its cool, it doesn't sound like ur targeting me (:

heterosexuality is usually normal, and while it isn't bad, heteronormativy is. acting like heterosexual is default and what everyone is and reinforcing it(usually heteronormativity is) can be really problematic, because it teaches people that they have to be straight to be alright. usually, when people are against heteronormativity, they aren't disputing the fact that there are more het people than nonhet people, they are trying to fight against the effects of heterosexuality being reinforced as default and better.

heteronormativity is honestly so toxic
i remember when i was in the catholic school board, we were taught that homosexuality is "not condoned" and i remember reading the one page that our sex ed book had on homosexuality and it was like "2% of people are homosexual"

i haven't forgotten that statistic even to this day
2%

2% of people


like

2%

Quote:

Originally Posted by pluzzle (Post 516741)
brb legALLY CHANGING MY NAME TO SKYLAR BECAUSE IT'S A FUCKING AWESOME NAME BYE

i've been throwing around possible name changes... such as:
sonic
phil (as in doctor phil)
obama
BroDude
toastmaster
snape


Quote:

Originally Posted by Lily09 (Post 516928)
75% sure im genderfluid not male
but 100% sure im not cis
confusion

same
i know i'm not genderfluid, but i'm perpetually caught between male, nonbinary, and then this part of me keeps trying to shove me back into being female since i'm dfab but then i go out irl and i'm just like .. ,.. nah

like when i have my hair down i can't even see myself as female in the mirror like normally it's just like "person with long hair" or "guy with long hair" but at this point i'm uncomfortable with both male and female pronouns so it's like ... . wat. .
i hate how we're given so many expectations based on what's between our legs like why

pluzzle 01-25-2014 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lily09 (Post 516937)
its no trouble at all!! thanks for informing me (:

thanks for asking though :D
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandy (Post 516939)
that blog is my lifesource



ya like no one needs to come out as heterosexual. it's assumed that all people are cisgendered heterosexual. i agree with eli



christ, i'm queer and i have internalized queerphobia. most of the time i end up hating myself and wishing i was cishet and knowing that my life would be easier if i could just be cishet, and i'm constantly trying to "make myself cishet" and questioning myself and thinking i'm a freak and i'm not sure of anything haha kill me pls



i really want to cut my hair like, i don't even identify as the female gender anymore at this point and i've already picked out a name that i love if i end up identifying as male once this wave of confusion passes and i'm more certain of my gender identity.
i already can't stand wearing my feminine clothes like even if it's pajamas like i just can't do it anymore. i can't even imagine myself wearing a dress at my own wedding like?????????? something is happening 2 me and i don't know what



heteronormativity is honestly so toxic
i remember when i was in the catholic school board, we were taught that homosexuality is "not condoned" and i remember reading the one page that our sex ed book had on homosexuality and it was like "2% of people are homosexual"

i haven't forgotten that statistic even to this day
2%

2% of people


like

2%



i've been throwing around possible name changes... such as:
sonic
phil (as in doctor phil)
obama
BroDude
toastmaster
snape




it'd be kinda nice to be cishet because its expected and dsjifjadj

toastmaster and obama are equals for me how about toastmaster as your first name then obama???

two percent
two
wow

i have short hair and i think that you should go for it seriously if that's what you want
do it
fOLLOW YOUR DREAMS
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandy (Post 516940)
O, i've been really curious about this u guys

what's yalls opinions on the whole genderbending thing? like where someone will take a character and draw them in the "opposite gender" or whatever, like i know disney "genderbends" are really popular right now and i dunno i just can't get into the whole thing, like, i really don't like it.. i don't know if i'm being oversensitive or not and i dont even know why i don't like it, because i know it's just "harmless fun" or whatever, i just... :/ feels bad

idek I don't MIND it but if I had a choice to see it or not i wouldn't idek

Lily09 01-25-2014 06:45 PM

my problem with genderbending is that in nsfw genderbent fanart/fanfic, they show that their genitals have been changed and its like nO???
and then my overall problem with genderbending in fanart is that the body type is the same as their sex and you never see girls genderbent as guys dressing in feminine clothes and boobs or guys to girls in masculine clothes like WOW way to reinforce the idea that sex=gender and that gender expression has to be the same as gender identity
better explained:http://submarinedreams.tumblr.com/post/65444745490

Lily09 01-25-2014 06:46 PM

and sandy, or really anyone, if anyone tells you that youre being oversensitive over something that affects you dont listen to them because where would we be if we didnt question things.

blossom 01-25-2014 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandy (Post 516939)
that blog is my lifesource



i don't think anyone gets discriminated against because they're heterosexual. that seems a lot to me like reverse racism, which doesn't exist--people take offense to the white girl jokes and white people jokes, yet no one gets killed or shot or harassed due to being white, and no one gets exterminated en masse for being white.

you're right, no one should be discriminated against.
but there is a much more urgent problem than white cishet discrimination.

i've been throwing around possible name changes... such as:
sonic
phil (as in doctor phil)
obama
BroDude
toastmaster
snape

Well, there actually have been some hate crimes that have occurred and the ones who committed it have openly said it was "because the victim was white", but I do see your point and agree with it like 99%. And I'm not really offended by white girl jokes, just irritated by them when they get to be too much.

Also I support you going by Snape one thousand percent

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lily09 (Post 516946)
my problem with genderbending is that in nsfw genderbent fanart/fanfic, they show that their genitals have been changed and its like nO???
and then my overall problem with genderbending in fanart is that the body type is the same as their sex and you never see girls genderbent as guys dressing in feminine clothes and boobs or guys to girls in masculine clothes like WOW way to reinforce the idea that sex=gender and that gender expression has to be the same as gender identity
better explained:http://submarinedreams.tumblr.com/post/65444745490

I just think it's because most of those characters are cis, so people's logic is probably that if they're cis as the gender they are now, they'd be cis while genderbent too. Does that makes sense???? I really hope that made sense...

Sandy 01-25-2014 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lily09 (Post 516947)
and sandy, or really anyone, if anyone tells you that youre being oversensitive over something that affects you dont listen to them because where would we be if we didnt question things.

thanks man


i'm getting real sick of relatives calling me little girl
also this one relative has this nickname for me and it's "maria" i literally have no idea where he got it from because my birthname is cassandra like wh at
i just get this weird feeling when he calls me maria it's like when a cat's hair goes up and im just like y u do this

god my gender identity keeps fluctuating/flickering (if that makes sense idk) throughout the day and it's like
can u not
also my mom finally agreed to let me get short hair B) she says she doesn't want me to get it like p!nk tho and im just like o ok

rebecca 01-26-2014 02:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lily09 (Post 516932)
you know that u dont have to identify as anything right? if you dont feel the need to, you don't have to.



thats how i am, except it's not just dressing up/gender expression for me. so do you want me to use he instead of they, because i will if youre more comfortable with that.

I know, but I'm sure my not identifying as anything doesn't feel quite right for me. But I'm honestly not sure what would be better, so I just give up.

LaurenM 01-26-2014 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lily09 (Post 516946)
my problem with genderbending is that in nsfw genderbent fanart/fanfic, they show that their genitals have been changed and its like nO???
and then my overall problem with genderbending in fanart is that the body type is the same as their sex and you never see girls genderbent as guys dressing in feminine clothes and boobs or guys to girls in masculine clothes like WOW way to reinforce the idea that sex=gender and that gender expression has to be the same as gender identity
better explained:http://submarinedreams.tumblr.com/post/65444745490

Genderbends are usually just their theme colours dressing style converted to feminine/masculine...Just the opposite of their normal style. And yeah...a lot of chAracters are usually cis. I WOULD like to see a gender bent character in the opposite sex version with the same sex clothing
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lily09 (Post 516947)
and sandy, or really anyone, if anyone tells you that youre being oversensitive over something that affects you dont listen to them because where would we be if we didnt question things.

True

Lily09 01-26-2014 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LaurenM (Post 516993)
Genderbends are usually just their theme colours dressing style converted to feminine/masculine...Just the opposite of their normal style. And yeah...a lot of chAracters are usually cis. I WOULD like to see a gender bent character in the opposite sex version with the same sex clothing


True

That's my problem though? The characters when genderbent, are also the opposite sex. That feeds into the idea that sex=gender. And also that gender=gender expression.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:12 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.