The Writer's Block

The Writer's Block (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/index.php)
-   Free advice (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Your emotional venting thread. I'll explain. (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/showthread.php?t=2095)

06-29-2012 03:33 PM

Tomorrow I have to go with my Mom to her friend's house for their get-together, because afterwards we're going on a vacation. I have to hang out with my Mom's friend's 13 year old son.

,___, That is going to be soooo awkward.

cheezemziez 06-29-2012 06:01 PM

My mum met up with her old best friend that she hadn't seen in 17 years in Shanghai, and she had a ten year old son. We spent the first 20 minutes of our trip under the impression that the other only spoke Chinese. Turns out he was American. T.T

Tiresomehoopla 06-29-2012 09:03 PM

Anger Anger Anger Dangit
 
Ssoo...This seems bratty and pathetic...But on we go...Ive been waiting about two weeks to get a game I want. When I asked my mom if she could enter the information to buy it and she said no. Why? Because I missed the mark to put in the laundry by one hour.) I watch my sisters all week. (Make them lunch, make them do their chores give them their medications, and make sure they dont kill each other or set the house on fire...ect...) I do the dishes for my mom. I vacume. I clean up the lving room and have to sit down i front of my sisters supervising them cleaning their room. (Which is really boring and they take hours. HOURS ._.) And I cant get the game over some stupid towels she doesnt even have to worry about. Meanwhile, my sisters have a friend sleeping over. What wrong did they do? Fighting and screaming throughout the day, breaking the lamp in their room, opening the door to some random dude (What would've happened if he was a criminal?) Wasting my moms shampoo + their wipes + a boatload of water, and the bandaids, taking all day to fold their clothes which led to no other of their chores getting done (Guess who got blamed for that...) slapping me in the face, CUSSING (theyre in third grade and kindergarten.) Lying to my parents face, not listening to me when they onow im in charge, and lots of other things. And they have a friend sleeping over. And I cant buy my game.

Because of some towels.

06-29-2012 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tiresomehoopla (Post 306409)
Ssoo...This seems bratty and pathetic...But on we go...Ive been waiting about two weeks to get a game I want. When I asked my mom if she could enter the information to buy it and she said no. Why? Because I missed the mark to put in the laundry by one hour.) I watch my sisters all week. (Make them lunch, make them do their chores give them their medications, and make sure they dont kill each other or set the house on fire...ect...) I do the dishes for my mom. I vacume. I clean up the lving room and have to sit down i front of my sisters supervising them cleaning their room. (Which is really boring and they take hours. HOURS ._.) And I cant get the game over some stupid towels she doesnt even have to worry about. Meanwhile, my sisters have a friend sleeping over. What wrong did they do? Fighting and screaming throughout the day, breaking the lamp in their room, opening the door to some random dude (What would've happened if he was a criminal?) Wasting my moms shampoo + their wipes + a boatload of water, and the bandaids, taking all day to fold their clothes which led to no other of their chores getting done (Guess who got blamed for that...) slapping me in the face, CUSSING (theyre in third grade and kindergarten.) Lying to my parents face, not listening to me when they onow im in charge, and lots of other things. And they have a friend sleeping over. And I cant buy my game.

Because of some towels.

I hate doing laundry. ;_; I know the feeling. Wait a day or so and casually bring it up. Are you paying for it? If so, go ahead and give them the money for it. If you're going to a store, you can just hold on to it. :D This probably isn't good advice, but don't tell your parents about the cussing thing. Hold it over their heads! >:D Nah, you probably shouldn't do that...XD Little kids are hard to control of because...well...they're little. They think since they're the youngest, they get everything they want. I know what you're going through, bro. Don't yell at your parents, though. Speak calmly and show them how mature you can be, and then casually bring the game up in a conversation over dinner or whatever.

Good luck!

You could also try entering the monthly contest on KidPub and use your Amazon gift card to buy the game. I think tomorrow is the last day to enter the June one. ^_^

LaurenM 06-29-2012 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tiresomehoopla (Post 306409)
Ssoo...This seems bratty and pathetic...But on we go...Ive been waiting about two weeks to get a game I want. When I asked my mom if she could enter the information to buy it and she said no. Why? Because I missed the mark to put in the laundry by one hour.) I watch my sisters all week. (Make them lunch, make them do their chores give them their medications, and make sure they dont kill each other or set the house on fire...ect...) I do the dishes for my mom. I vacume. I clean up the lving room and have to sit down i front of my sisters supervising them cleaning their room. (Which is really boring and they take hours. HOURS ._.) And I cant get the game over some stupid towels she doesnt even have to worry about. Meanwhile, my sisters have a friend sleeping over. What wrong did they do? Fighting and screaming throughout the day, breaking the lamp in their room, opening the door to some random dude (What would've happened if he was a criminal?) Wasting my moms shampoo + their wipes + a boatload of water, and the bandaids, taking all day to fold their clothes which led to no other of their chores getting done (Guess who got blamed for that...) slapping me in the face, CUSSING (theyre in third grade and kindergarten.) Lying to my parents face, not listening to me when they onow im in charge, and lots of other things. And they have a friend sleeping over. And I cant buy my game.

Because of some towels.

That's bad *sympathetic look*

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheezemziez (Post 306262)
My mum met up with her old best friend that she hadn't seen in 17 years in Shanghai, and she had a ten year old son. We spent the first 20 minutes of our trip under the impression that the other only spoke Chinese. Turns out he was American. T.T

Once my friend, who has a parent from Beijing had a friend from Shanghai who came to Hong Kong. And he's about ten years old, I think. But he's not much good in English.

cheezemziez 06-30-2012 01:27 AM

My mum's old best friend's son didn't speak Chinese AT ALL, and I don't talk to new people first AT ALL. So twenty minutes of silence later, he says very slowly, 'Do...you...speak...English?' I cracked up laughing. :ČJ

cheezemziez 06-30-2012 01:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tiresomehoopla (Post 306409)
Ssoo...This seems bratty and pathetic...But on we go...Ive been waiting about two weeks to get a game I want. When I asked my mom if she could enter the information to buy it and she said no. Why? Because I missed the mark to put in the laundry by one hour.) I watch my sisters all week. (Make them lunch, make them do their chores give them their medications, and make sure they dont kill each other or set the house on fire...ect...) I do the dishes for my mom. I vacume. I clean up the lving room and have to sit down i front of my sisters supervising them cleaning their room. (Which is really boring and they take hours. HOURS ._.) And I cant get the game over some stupid towels she doesnt even have to worry about. Meanwhile, my sisters have a friend sleeping over. What wrong did they do? Fighting and screaming throughout the day, breaking the lamp in their room, opening the door to some random dude (What would've happened if he was a criminal?) Wasting my moms shampoo + their wipes + a boatload of water, and the bandaids, taking all day to fold their clothes which led to no other of their chores getting done (Guess who got blamed for that...) slapping me in the face, CUSSING (theyre in third grade and kindergarten.) Lying to my parents face, not listening to me when they onow im in charge, and lots of other things. And they have a friend sleeping over. And I cant buy my game.

Because of some towels.

That seems really unfair for you. You should talk to your parents, and tell them that you think that they're treating you unfairly and you feel under appreciated. I'm the younger sibling in my family, but I'm pretty sure my parents like my brother more. Even though he's older, he still gets away with more.

LaurenM 06-30-2012 02:51 AM

Well, Chinese people usually favour boys more -_-
No offence :p

cheezemziez 06-30-2012 03:01 AM

None taken. It is basically the truth. Oh well, my brother's a posh private school snob. :P

LaurenM 06-30-2012 07:54 AM

The one who said 'poo'?!
Not so posh, then xP
MY WRIST HUUUUUURTS. But it's getting much better after giving it an ice pack every three hours, and elevating my arm when I went to sleep.

chelseki3 06-30-2012 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LaurenM (Post 306542)
The one who said 'poo'?!
Not so posh, then xP
MY WRIST HUUUUUURTS. But it's getting much better after giving it an ice pack every three hours, and elevating my arm when I went to sleep.

What happened to your wrist? DX

LaurenM 06-30-2012 08:23 AM

Sprained it. When I was jumping off a swing, I forgot to spin around and fell on my bum, using my hand to protect myself and sprained it.

LaurenM 06-30-2012 08:25 AM

Any time to video chat? I MISSED THOU.

chelseki3 06-30-2012 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LaurenM (Post 306549)
Any time to video chat? I MISSED THOU.

DDDDDX I hope thou is fine. :D

Oh yesh and...I can't because I have to go to the summer fair and I'm 1 hour and foorty minutes late. T_T

LaurenM 06-30-2012 08:37 AM

I is fine, thank you.
Hope thou hast fun!

chelseki3 06-30-2012 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LaurenM (Post 306551)
I is fine, thank you.
Hope thou hast fun!

Thank thou! :D
I just want to leave already but the baby is here and he's eating and getting changed and stuff.

I WANNA LEAVE ALREADY!! e_e

LaurenM 06-30-2012 08:40 AM

The baby?
Why do you like doing the S&I challenge so much?! *TOUCHWOOD MASSIVE TOUCHWOOD YOU NO DO*

chelseki3 06-30-2012 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LaurenM (Post 306553)
The baby?
Why do you like doing the S&I challenge so much?! *TOUCHWOOD MASSIVE TOUCHWOOD YOU NO DO*

"A" baby. My cousin. >_>

Because I do it whenever there's nothing else to do. :P

LaurenM 06-30-2012 09:08 AM

That's a no good excuse *hmmph*
Do something else. I DEMAND IT. Read. Go on KP. Play with thy cat. Attempt to write. Sleep. Eat. Drink. JUST NO S&I CHALLENGE. OR HARDRICK WILL GLADLY TIE YOUR HANDS TOGETHER, and Marthe will drape a flower chain on your head as a reassurance.

cheezemziez 06-30-2012 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LaurenM (Post 306542)
The one who said 'poo'?!
Not so posh, then xP
MY WRIST HUUUUUURTS. But it's getting much better after giving it an ice pack every three hours, and elevating my arm when I went to sleep.

Yup. Only one brother, fortunately. Less posh, per se, more the snobbish and superior thing. But around important-ish people, he's really posh and stuff.

cheezemziez 06-30-2012 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chelseki3 (Post 306554)
"A" baby. My cousin. >_>

Because I do it whenever there's nothing else to do. :P

NO. Or I will personally march over to your house and make sure that you have something to do. Even let you kill my favourite TV show characters, so long as you STOP.

LaurenM 06-30-2012 11:57 AM

Exactly.
Your brother sounds like a total git.

chelseki3 06-30-2012 02:05 PM

I'm taking a two weeks break from KidPub. Bye.
You may see me on the main site once or twice, though.

cheezemziez 06-30-2012 07:52 PM

Bye Chelsea, I'll miss you! Please don't do the S&I challenge again.

LaurenM 06-30-2012 08:43 PM

Bye! You'll find your family's salt and ice missing!

Sandy 07-04-2012 09:14 AM

just to straighten things out
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by chelseki3 (Post 302473)
*facepalm*

AA cursing did not kill you!! And just don't look at it if you don't like it. Soon you'll findyourself swearing, anyway. TT_TT

Darn it...
Who cares if she swears?! She not being damn racist! >_>

Um, guys, it's kind of expected of you people not to curse on this website. Obviously; there are little people on this website since the age ranges from eight to fifteen and those are not the ages where I would expect kids to be swearing at each other.
I mean, really? "Don't look at it if you don't like it?" What is that? You just don't swear here, it's a children's website, this isn't deviantART or funnyjunk. You just don't, and Perry would tell you the same.
Personally, I don't care if you swear or cuss or post pictures of genitalia, god, I don't even care, but I know that there's people on here who do care because it bothers them. Is it too much to ask to refrain from swearing?

MaryElizabeth 07-04-2012 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandy (Post 310147)
Um, guys, it's kind of expected of you people not to curse on this website. Obviously; there are little people on this website since the age ranges from eight to fifteen and those are not the ages where I would expect kids to be swearing at each other.
I mean, really? "Don't look at it if you don't like it?" What is that? You just don't swear here, it's a children's website, this isn't deviantART or funnyjunk. You just don't, and Perry would tell you the same.
Personally, I don't care if you swear or cuss or post pictures of genitalia, god, I don't even care, but I know that there's people on here who do care because it bothers them. Is it too much to ask to refrain from swearing?

A little late, buddy.

wildwolf 07-04-2012 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheezemziez (Post 307230)
Bye Chelsea, I'll miss you! Please don't do the S&I challenge again.

XD I saw GloZell do that.

MaryElizabeth 07-04-2012 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chelseki3 (Post 306784)
I'm taking a two weeks break from KidPub. Bye.
You may see me on the main site once or twice, though.

Bye! We'll miss you!

GabiDi 07-04-2012 01:11 PM

Urggggghhhhhhh.
Last night I just couldn't get to sleep - physically was completely wide awake - until 6 AM, and I woke up at eight... ugh... I just want to go to sleep. e.e

nngo 07-04-2012 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GabiDi (Post 310441)
Urggggghhhhhhh.
Last night I just couldn't get to sleep - physically was completely wide awake - until 6 AM, and I woke up at eight... ugh... I just want to go to sleep. e.e

That's what happened to be two days ago.

Mistborn 07-04-2012 08:20 PM

I hate my dad.

I really do. Why can't he get a job where he gets a paycheck every two weeks so I don't have to worry about getting the electricity/water/TV turned off every month? I hate it! My dad knows nothing about my brother and I! It's like he's clueless at relationships! Where the h3ll does he think we have money from? My mom's family isn't rich. My mom's working two part time jobs, after being out of the workforce for thirteen years. He has to borrow money to pay the f-ing bills!
So, here I am, at thirteen, stuck in the worst of both worlds. I'm dealing with adult problems! Sure, I may pass for sixteen, but I'm just a kid!

soph-soph27 07-04-2012 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mistborn (Post 310787)
I hate my dad.

I really do. Why can't he get a job where he gets a paycheck every two weeks so I don't have to worry about getting the electricity/water/TV turned off every month? I hate it! My dad knows nothing about my brother and I! It's like he's clueless at relationships! Where the h3ll does he think we have money from? My mom's family isn't rich. My mom's working two part time jobs, after being out of the workforce for thirteen years. He has to borrow money to pay the f-ing bills!
So, here I am, at thirteen, stuck in the worst of both worlds. I'm dealing with adult problems! Sure, I may pass for sixteen, but I'm just a kid!

I sympathize with you for two reasons. One, I feel terrible for you, having to deal with that, too much pressure.
Two, everything is going wrong for me, so even if I am the farthest away, I feel part of your pain.
It's too much. My glasses broke today, someone stepped on them, now they're slanted, the power went out again, my iPod is the only connection I have to KP, and my dad yelled at me.
It's too much, I just don't know how much longer I can handle this with things like this happening on a daily basis.

07-04-2012 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mistborn (Post 310787)
I hate my dad.

I really do. Why can't he get a job where he gets a paycheck every two weeks so I don't have to worry about getting the electricity/water/TV turned off every month? I hate it! My dad knows nothing about my brother and I! It's like he's clueless at relationships! Where the h3ll does he think we have money from? My mom's family isn't rich. My mom's working two part time jobs, after being out of the workforce for thirteen years. He has to borrow money to pay the f-ing bills!
So, here I am, at thirteen, stuck in the worst of both worlds. I'm dealing with adult problems! Sure, I may pass for sixteen, but I'm just a kid!


Hmmm...maybe there's some way you and your brother can help, while making a better relationship with your father? I read this book, it was one of the three Maggie Bean books, and she looked through newspapers and all that for jobs, and then made a spreadsheet for it and gave it to her Dad. Maybe you, your brother, and your Dad could do that. I'm really sorry you're going through this, and KidPub will always be here for you. :)

lvhamsters 07-04-2012 11:50 PM

Why are you like these? Why do you act like you hate us? I barely know you since your gone all the time, and what I know about you, I don't exactly like. We'll never have a normal family, never, that I've realized, but can't you make an effort to be home more often? And now yell at us or ignore us when you are home? Overall, just be a better father?

chelseki3 07-05-2012 03:43 AM

Dear Dad,

I'm glad you've stopped smoking and drinking. Ever since your near-to-death-experience I never thought that you would change.

Thanks.

BlueMi 07-07-2012 04:44 PM

When you're crying, your Mom should come and rub your back and say "poor baby" and apologize. Not tell you to shut up.

BlueMi 07-07-2012 05:00 PM

Did you know, Mom, that I'm not crying to annoy you, despite what you seem to think. Actually, the reason I'm crying is because you don't care. I tried my hardest, this is hard for me. I get easily frustrated, ok? I'm sorry. But if it's so hard for me that I'm crying, could you maybe HELP me instead of telling me to stop, to grow up, to CONTINUE the task that brought me to tears?

Thank God Dad understands.

I need a bath. A hot bath.

AlgebraAddict 07-07-2012 05:09 PM

It's best with a bath bomb, but I don't know if anywhere near to you sell those.

HeatherB 07-07-2012 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueMi (Post 312440)
Did you know, Mom, that I'm not crying to annoy you, despite what you seem to think. Actually, the reason I'm crying is because you don't care. I tried my hardest, this is hard for me. I get easily frustrated, ok? I'm sorry. But if it's so hard for me that I'm crying, could you maybe HELP me instead of telling me to stop, to grow up, to CONTINUE the task that brought me to tears?

Thank God Dad understands.

I need a bath. A hot bath.

God, Mira, sounds horrid :( I miss you and Soph!!! Sorry you're crying and your mom doesn't get it... happens to me all the time. .... Wanna share the reason, although perhaps not on the web where others can see.... or perhaps on the web so others can see? I wouldn't know.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:12 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.