The Writer's Block

The Writer's Block (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/index.php)
-   Questions, Answers, Suggestions (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Renaissance! (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/showthread.php?t=4543)

Lavinia 04-14-2016 09:05 PM

Renaissance!

Hello Welcome....
I am Lavinia. Now, myself, Lila Violet and I am sure other Kidpubbers are going to try work on a RENAISSANCE for kidpub!
We have conducted that we just pasted threw the Dark Age and are still in them. If we don't do something we'll be stuck in them forever.
Think about it. KidPub's Publishing section closed down about five months ago. We are true in the Dark Ages.
Lila Violet and I agree for a Renaissance. So, who is with us, to not only restore Kidpub to the GOLDEN AGE, but to go further. It start to the Bright Age....or whatever.
So, comment down below. We'll expand the mind of Kidpubbers and improve it.
Let us Philosophers, think, talk, argue, but most importantly IMPROVE and RESTORE. Kidpub!

- Lavinia

melanberry 04-14-2016 09:09 PM

I honestly don't know how we can fix this. Spread the word? Write more? I don't know!:confused:

Lavinia 04-14-2016 10:44 PM

Melanberry, where there is a will there is a way....Now. Spreading the word will help. But due to writing we should become more elaborate and different. IDK

SilverMoon 04-14-2016 11:28 PM

Ok so as someone who lived through the taco era and the tail end of the golden age, I say you guys (and we all) should make an effort to write more (enthusiasm breeds enthusiasm) and definitely comment with cc on other people's works. also, I think it's a good idea to comment on the works of people who comment on yours ? Like, it's not rude if you don't or anything but it's always nice to repay someone. idk

jopast 04-15-2016 12:23 AM

Great idea!

I will spread the word to my friends, and can some help me learn how to CC? I'm horrible at it but want to help so could someone email me with just the basics plze?

rubymj 04-15-2016 02:02 AM

I think the main problem is some KPers leaving purely because they aren't getting much out of KP- Because a lot of people post, but don't CC. We should encourage more CC- I've started providing comments/CC on EVERYTHING that I click on, even if I have to force myself to do it. It encourages not only the author to keep writing, but what they can improve on, which is what KP is all about.

HannahChen2009 04-15-2016 06:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SilverMoon (Post 582675)
Ok so as someone who lived through the taco era and the tail end of the golden age, I say you guys (and we all) should make an effort to write more (enthusiasm breeds enthusiasm) and definitely comment with cc on other people's works. also, I think it's a good idea to comment on the works of people who comment on yours ? Like, it's not rude if you don't or anything but it's always nice to repay someone. idk

*rides ena's coattails*

melanberry 04-15-2016 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SilverMoon (Post 582675)

I think the comment idea is great!

Swallowtail 04-15-2016 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jopast (Post 582679)
I will spread the word to my friends, and can some help me learn how to CC? I'm horrible at it but want to help so could someone email me with just the basics plze?

Just tell them what you think would make it better! If you aren't very good with grammar and spelling yourself, just tell them plot ideas and sentences that make no sense and things like that.

SilverMoon 04-15-2016 09:39 PM

Also, when you comment it's always nice to say something more than "this is great!" Although that kind of comment also nice to see. like "ooh the plot is getting very interesting I can't wait to see [insert something] happen!" Or "I really like [a character] and how they [whatever]" or "I like this phrase[list poetic phrase]" or sth