The Writer's Block

The Writer's Block (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/index.php)
-   Free advice (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Your emotional venting thread. I'll explain. (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/showthread.php?t=2095)

GabiDi 09-02-2012 04:45 PM

How so?

GabiDi 09-02-2012 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GabiDi (Post 335527)
I feel so...superficial. Obsessed with my image.
I wear makeup, I do my hair, I buy pretty clothes. I always try to look my best. I feel good when I feel pretty but sometimes it's like it's not enough... there's always someone prettier than me.
It might all be because Purple (code name) goes out with all those girls and they're beautiful, they are absolutely freaking beautiful and it's like, why would anybody choose me over them? No one would. No one would.
It's not like I'm ugly, I know I'm not ugly. I'm okay looking. On some days I feel really pretty. My family and friends call me beautiful.

But it's never ENOUGH. And then I hate myself for wearing makeup and doing my hair and stuff...

A while ago, I was at someone's house. And I'd just gone swimming, so my hair was all thick and curly, and my bangs were all over, and I wasn't wearing makeup and I was just wearing basketball shorts and a tank top and I knew I didn't look good but I felt so accepted. So...good. At ease in my own body and how I looked... like I knew that these people weren't judging me.
I've been trying to create that feeling ever since but I don't know HOW, and it sickens me that I have to rely on other people to feel good about my looks.

Jesus... I feel like a little teenaged b**** but there you go.

...
...I wonder... if I'm completely alone in this feeling.
Like, completely.
Someone else has to feel like this, I can't be the only one. Not just on KP but at school...

like they're not good enough
I don't want to be alone in this.

Ruza 09-02-2012 04:54 PM

I don't really care about my appearance, so I can't help you there.

GabiDi 09-02-2012 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ruza (Post 335561)
I don't really care about my appearance, so I can't help you there.

Lucky ...

L.S.Trendom 09-02-2012 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GabiDi (Post 335527)
I feel so...superficial. Obsessed with my image.
I wear makeup, I do my hair, I buy pretty clothes. I always try to look my best. I feel good when I feel pretty but sometimes it's like it's not enough... there's always someone prettier than me.
It might all be because Purple (code name) goes out with all those girls and they're beautiful, they are absolutely freaking beautiful and it's like, why would anybody choose me over them? No one would. No one would.
It's not like I'm ugly, I know I'm not ugly. I'm okay looking. On some days I feel really pretty. My family and friends call me beautiful.

But it's never ENOUGH. And then I hate myself for wearing makeup and doing my hair and stuff...

A while ago, I was at someone's house. And I'd just gone swimming, so my hair was all thick and curly, and my bangs were all over, and I wasn't wearing makeup and I was just wearing basketball shorts and a tank top and I knew I didn't look good but I felt so accepted. So...good. At ease in my own body and how I looked... like I knew that these people weren't judging me.
I've been trying to create that feeling ever since but I don't know HOW, and it sickens me that I have to rely on other people to feel good about my looks.

Jesus... I feel like a little teenaged b**** but there you go.

Because you're an awesome person and that's more important than appearance. And if Purple doesn't realise that then he's not worth going out with.

/can'treallythinkofanythingelsetosay


Quote:

Originally Posted by GabiDi (Post 335554)
...
...I wonder... if I'm completely alone in this feeling.
Like, completely.
Someone else has to feel like this, I can't be the only one. Not just on KP but at school...

like they're not good enough
I don't want to be alone in this.

I can sort of relate to it. I don't think about my appearance much, but whenever I do I feel crappy and self-conscioous about it. :D

all the time
But you are good enough

GabiDi 09-02-2012 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.S.Trendom (Post 335584)
Because you're an awesome person and that's more important than appearance. And if Purple doesn't realise that then he's not worth going out with.

/can'treallythinkofanythingelsetosay



I can sort of relate to it. I don't think about my appearance much, but whenever I do I feel crappy and self-conscioous about it. :D

all the time
But you are good enough

Thanks. :/ I just feel like he is worth it... like I just need to try harder.
Meh.
I'm just going to start doing those cheesy self-esteem exercises. See if they work.

And whaaa?

No. You are most certainly good enough.
/deathstare

We all are, I suppose, even me if I really try to make myself believe it.

Moogle 09-02-2012 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GabiDi (Post 335554)
...
...I wonder... if I'm completely alone in this feeling.
Like, completely.
Someone else has to feel like this, I can't be the only one. Not just on KP but at school...

like they're not good enough
I don't want to be alone in this.

No, you're DEFFINITELY not alone. I think I know a few people who don't feel that.

wildwolf 09-02-2012 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GabiDi (Post 335554)
...
...I wonder... if I'm completely alone in this feeling.
Like, completely.
Someone else has to feel like this, I can't be the only one. Not just on KP but at school...

like they're not good enough
I don't want to be alone in this.

You're just being like Peggy (Shoddy Lands), a little bit. You care more about what others think what you think. Trust your own judgement.

wildwolf 09-02-2012 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Caleigh (Post 335526)
I think it's hilarious how some people can talk crap about others, but when someone says something hurtful to them, they go off on this rampage saying how much everyone hates them, blah blah blah. :rolleyes:

http://cdn.thatssotrue.com/2012/2/28...1330465711.gif

GabiDi 09-02-2012 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wildwolf (Post 335673)
You're just being like Peggy (Shoddy Lands), a little bit. You care more about what others think what you think. Trust your own judgement.

Is that a show...?
I'll try.

Oh, and the troll face in your signature seems really different and I'm not sure why.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:25 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.