The Writer's Block

The Writer's Block (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/index.php)
-   Free advice (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Your emotional venting thread. I'll explain. (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/showthread.php?t=2095)

cloudwriter 08-23-2013 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.S.Trendom (Post 491053)
fuuck everything

^^^This.

On another note, if you want to talk, I'm here.

GabiDi 08-23-2013 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cloudwriter (Post 491052)
I've had a lot of bad experiences with friends, and simply people in general. I've lost three best friends. The third time was the charm...you don't get how much I cried the year she switched schools, how badly I wanted to move.

Things slowly got better. Or at least, so I thought. I mean, I stopped crying and I have a group of friends.

But the problem is that I'm simply not as close to any of my friends that go to my school as I was to my best friend who moved. I mean, yeah, they're my friends and I hang out with them at school. But I have no desire to invite them over/hang out with them much otherwise. That's me time.

My mom's started to notice. She keeps telling me to invite friends over, but she doesn't seem to understand that I'm happier simply on my own. She thinks all of my friends are going to ditch me throughout my four years of high school, and I'm going to be left out of social activities. I've tried to tell her that I'm not as close to any of them as my best friend who moved, and she tells me to make new friends. And then she'll say something like "well, ____ seems like a nice girl. Why don't you make friends with her?"

She doesn't understand that everyone in my school is in a clique. And most of the girls she tries to tell me to hang out with are nice enough, but they hang out with the snooty popular girls whom I dislike. She doesn't get that you can't just butt into a clique and steal a member. It doesn't happen. And to tell you the truth...I'm pretty sure there's no one at my school who I'll ever be that close to. I mean, yeah I'm close to my group of friends but not as close to them as I was to my other best friend.

My mom doesn't seem to understand how much her comments about me being ditched by my friends (it hasn't happened, but she thinks it will) hurts me. She doesn't understand that I'm just not a social person.

...and I've tried to keep in touch with my best friend who moved. I really have. For a while, I thought things would work out. I really did. But eventually, she stopped trying to make plans with me, even though I'd suggested it. For example, I suggested it one weekend and she kept saying she was too busy, but not long afterwards I saw her sister post on Facebook or something how all her siblings were gone, including my best friend to a sleepover.

We're both fading quickly. I'm almost starting to think that my best friend who moved doesn't want to be friends with me anymore.

It makes me want to cry every time I realize that we're not best-friends/sisters anymore.

I don't even have a best friend anymore.
Last night I tried to accept this.
I took all of my friend's pictures out of my room. I put them away. I told myself "we were never friends."
Maybe if I say that enough, I can trick myself into thinking it's true.
Because I almost think friendships that fade are less painful than ones that are burned.

Aww, hon, I'm sorry. I used to be good friends with a big group of people but over the course of eighth grade I lost all of them; either they stopped liking me or I stopped liking them. Now I'm not friends with any of them, probably more on the side of enemies now that I think about it. I don't miss them at this point; I realized that they were all really flawed and petty people, and I made friends with three girls so I now trust and love like sisters.

My point is, you'll probably end up in a point where you feel as though you don't really have any good friends, which sucks, I know. But you WILL find people who you want to be best friends with again. Just stay open and kind and don't lower your standards! In the meantime, don't worry about not having a best friend. You will get one or two or three or four or five - it'll get better, I promise.

Eh, I'm so sappy. You'll be fine.

cloudwriter 08-23-2013 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GabiDi (Post 491057)
Aww, hon, I'm sorry. I used to be good friends with a big group of people but over the course of eighth grade I lost all of them; either they stopped liking me or I stopped liking them. Now I'm not friends with any of them, probably more on the side of enemies now that I think about it. I don't miss them at this point; I realized that they were all really flawed and petty people, and I made friends with three girls so I now trust and love like sisters.

My point is, you'll probably end up in a point where you feel as though you don't really have any good friends, which sucks, I know. But you WILL find people who you want to be best friends with again. Just stay open and kind and don't lower your standards! In the meantime, don't worry about not having a best friend. You will get one or two or three or four or five - it'll get better, I promise.

Eh, I'm so sappy. You'll be fine.

Thanks Gabi.

You seriously made me feel a lot better. *hugs*

GabiDi 08-23-2013 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cloudwriter (Post 491058)
Thanks Gabi.

You seriously made me feel a lot better. *hugs*

You're welcome. ^.^ Wait, what grade are you in now? Or going into?

cloudwriter 08-23-2013 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GabiDi (Post 491061)
You're welcome. ^.^ Wait, what grade are you in now? Or going into?

I'm a freshman this year. Started school this Wednesday. What about you? (: I haven't talked to you in forever, and I missed you :3

GabiDi 08-24-2013 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cloudwriter (Post 491063)
I'm a freshman this year. Started school this Wednesday. What about you? (: I haven't talked to you in forever, and I missed you :3

Dude, same! (: Although I'm starting on the 3rd, so. I'm actually pretty excited, except for gym bc I'm lazy, and every gym teacher immediately assumes I'll be a great runner, and then they have to live with the fact that noooo, I will not be joining the track team anytime soon. Eh. Actually I have a freshmen orientation on Wednesday, so we'll see how it goes, haha

cloudwriter 08-24-2013 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GabiDi (Post 491066)
Dude, same! (: Although I'm starting on the 3rd, so. I'm actually pretty excited, except for gym bc I'm lazy, and every gym teacher immediately assumes I'll be a great runner, and then they have to live with the fact that noooo, I will not be joining the track team anytime soon. Eh. Actually I have a freshmen orientation on Wednesday, so we'll see how it goes, haha

xD You're taking gym too?! Most of the people in my grade are taking Sports PE. xD I feel your pain. I hate running, and every time we ran the mile in middle school I felt like passing out haha.

Have fun at orientation! ^_^ Don't feel bad if your school is big and you get lost. I've done it several times. xD

GabiDi 08-24-2013 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cloudwriter (Post 491067)
xD You're taking gym too?! Most of the people in my grade are taking Sports PE. xD I feel your pain. I hate running, and every time we ran the mile in middle school I felt like passing out haha.

Have fun at orientation! ^_^ Don't feel bad if your school is big and you get lost. I've done it several times. xD

My high school's small, so we really don't have that many options! Haha, I'm really uncoordinated to be honest. I SUCK at volleyball and basketball. But luckily my high school requires one year of gym and one year of health to graduate...I can survive that...I think.

My high school and middle school are actually on the same campus, so I've been over to the high school a bunch for electives...and my bro will be a junior this year, and besides yelling at any guy that I'm friends with, he'll probably show me around. (Fun story, last year I was walking to shop with a guy I was making pretty good friends with when my brother and his girlfriend walked past and he loudly shouted, I mean LOUDLY, "GABI! Do NOT talk to BOYS!" Yeah, we weren't such great friends after that.)

cloudwriter 08-24-2013 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GabiDi (Post 491069)
My high school's small, so we really don't have that many options! Haha, I'm really uncoordinated to be honest. I SUCK at volleyball and basketball. But luckily my high school requires one year of gym and one year of health to graduate...I can survive that...I think.

My high school and middle school are actually on the same campus, so I've been over to the high school a bunch for electives...and my bro will be a junior this year, and besides yelling at any guy that I'm friends with, he'll probably show me around. (Fun story, last year I was walking to shop with a guy I was making pretty good friends with when my brother and his girlfriend walked past and he loudly shouted, I mean LOUDLY, "GABI! Do NOT talk to BOYS!" Yeah, we weren't such great friends after that.)

Lucky! My high school is so huge and confusing and spread out. D: But I can mostly just follow people to my next class. xD My school requires a year of gym, but I think we only have to have one semester of health. Which I'm not taking this year, and it's probably a good thing because I have the health teacher for study hall and she scares the crap out of me. xD

Ooh, what sort of electives have you taken/you are going to take this year? (I'm taking French 1 and Select Choir ^_^) Oh my gosh. That really sucks. D: Hopefully an awesome opportunity will come up for you to get back at him for that in some way....^_^

Owen-L 08-24-2013 12:57 AM

haahahasdhscfsdkfjdchdsjimjustaweakpieceofcrapmhjb kvjhkvh,bm

lvhamsters 08-24-2013 01:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Owen-L (Post 491072)
haahahasdhscfsdkfjdchdsjimjustaweakpieceofcrapmhjb kvjhkvh,bm

Nooooo you aren't >8|

Owen-L 08-24-2013 03:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lvhamsters (Post 491074)
Nooooo you aren't >8|

i am .

LaurenM 08-24-2013 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cloudwriter (Post 491052)
I've had a lot of bad experiences with friends, and simply people in general. I've lost three best friends. The third time was the charm...you don't get how much I cried the year she switched schools, how badly I wanted to move.

Things slowly got better. Or at least, so I thought. I mean, I stopped crying and I have a group of friends.

But the problem is that I'm simply not as close to any of my friends that go to my school as I was to my best friend who moved. I mean, yeah, they're my friends and I hang out with them at school. But I have no desire to invite them over/hang out with them much otherwise. That's me time.

My mom's started to notice. She keeps telling me to invite friends over, but she doesn't seem to understand that I'm happier simply on my own. She thinks all of my friends are going to ditch me throughout my four years of high school, and I'm going to be left out of social activities. I've tried to tell her that I'm not as close to any of them as my best friend who moved, and she tells me to make new friends. And then she'll say something like "well, ____ seems like a nice girl. Why don't you make friends with her?"

She doesn't understand that everyone in my school is in a clique. And most of the girls she tries to tell me to hang out with are nice enough, but they hang out with the snooty popular girls whom I dislike. She doesn't get that you can't just butt into a clique and steal a member. It doesn't happen. And to tell you the truth...I'm pretty sure there's no one at my school who I'll ever be that close to. I mean, yeah I'm close to my group of friends but not as close to them as I was to my other best friend.

My mom doesn't seem to understand how much her comments about me being ditched by my friends (it hasn't happened, but she thinks it will) hurts me. She doesn't understand that I'm just not a social person.

...and I've tried to keep in touch with my best friend who moved. I really have. For a while, I thought things would work out. I really did. But eventually, she stopped trying to make plans with me, even though I'd suggested it. For example, I suggested it one weekend and she kept saying she was too busy, but not long afterwards I saw her sister post on Facebook or something how all her siblings were gone, including my best friend to a sleepover.

We're both fading quickly. I'm almost starting to think that my best friend who moved doesn't want to be friends with me anymore.

It makes me want to cry every time I realize that we're not best-friends/sisters anymore.

I don't even have a best friend anymore.
Last night I tried to accept this.
I took all of my friend's pictures out of my room. I put them away. I told myself "we were never friends."
Maybe if I say that enough, I can trick myself into thinking it's true.
Because I almost think friendships that fade are less painful than ones that are burned.

Not really, unless they're already fading for you.

Puckbrina159 08-24-2013 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Owen-L (Post 491072)
haahahasdhscfsdkfjdchdsjimjustaweakpieceofcrapmhjb kvjhkvh,bm

Owen. I know that anything I say probably won't help because you seem simply inconsolable lately but I can at least try to make you feel a little better.
First off, you are not useless. You have worth and you have a purpose. Their is a reason why everybody on this earth is here. Including you.
You are loved. You know how I know that? Because we here on KidPub all love you. Lots of us are trying to help you. Just keep an open mind when we give you advice. I read some of the advice people are giving you, and it's really good advice. You just have to keep and open mind.
Just remember that we are always here to talk and console you. Do you want to talk about anything right now? If you do, let us know. We will try our best to make it better.
We love you Owen.

SilverMoon 08-24-2013 06:42 PM

I am feeling alright, perhaps even good. I miss some of my old friends, but my new and remaining old friends are strong, and life is life. And awesome music helps. And Fairy Tail. Watch an episode, listen to a song, and all is fine. And I don't know. But I'm doing well.

lvhamsters 08-25-2013 07:12 AM

*is going through some old messages from 'friends'*
*with each message is feeling crappier*
"Do people not like you?"
"Other rude things that I shouldn't say on a kid's website"

L.S.Trendom 08-25-2013 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lvhamsters (Post 491488)
*is going through some old messages from 'friends'*
*with each message is feeling crappier*
"Do people not like you?"
"Other rude things that I shouldn't say on a kid's website"

*huggles*
yeah, some lame people in life won't like you. but you are rly epic and we realise it and so will others. c:

T.Longmire 08-25-2013 08:18 PM

Yay, my long-ish school rant e_e
 
Where do I begin?

School sucks. I had to change schools this year, which I honestly think was the worst decision my parents ever made. I have a few friends there and some cool teachers and classes, but nothing to be crazy over. I would've gone to that school next year anyway, whats the use of one more year? Especially since I love my old school to death, and I could meet my new friends next year. Gosh that school is so not worth it. the uniform suffocates me, the chapel shirts are just plain stupid and the whole freakin school is just freakin stupid.

Am I done? Idek.

TheAshWolf 08-25-2013 09:15 PM

That terrible moment when you realize all you need to feel better is a hug and to vent with someone who really understands, but then you ALSO realize that there's no one around to hug you, and the only person you can vent with (who will also understand) is far away, and you can't call them or email them because it's just not the same. .__.

Puckbrina159 08-25-2013 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheAshWolf (Post 491694)
That terrible moment when you realize all you need to feel better is a hug and to vent with someone who really understands, but then you ALSO realize that there's no one around to hug you, and the only person you can vent with (who will also understand) is far away, and you can't call them or email them because it's just not the same. .__.

Gimme until tomorrow when I get home from school and I'm sure I'll have some stuff to vent about with you.
*huggles* it'll be okay. :)

lvhamsters 08-26-2013 01:41 AM

lkadfljasljfalsdjfalsdj.
I'm tired .-.
Of everything .-.
And I don't trust myself to be at home alone anymore .-.
And I'm scared .-.
And I miss people.
I miss them so much. It just hurts to know that the memories that are most important to me, they won't even remember.
And I'm sick of repetitiveness.
And it never goes away. And I feel like my posts will forever be about stupid life and stupid friends and stupid me.
URGH. I'm sorry.

Owen-L 08-26-2013 02:29 AM

wow. im more of a fail than i thought.

Puckbrina159 08-26-2013 08:17 AM

I miss him.
I can't believe he won't be there.
I'm wearing the shirt he told me he loved.
I'm thinking of him.
I'm remembering the memories of him and I.
The happy,
the funny,
the scared,
the sad,
the surprised,
the confused.
Him.

LaurenM 08-26-2013 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puckbrina159 (Post 491762)
I miss him.
I can't believe he won't be there.
I'm wearing the shirt he told me he loved.
I'm thinking of him.
I'm remembering the memories of him and I.
The happy,
the funny,
the scared,
the sad,
the surprised,
the confused.
Him.

Dude.
I'm feeling the same. SARAH SARAH SARAH SARY FAIRY UGH ;-;


I won't stop myself putting swearwords in my stories anymore. It's not like I'm going to publish with Kidpub for my next book. Well. I might with the sequel. I don't know.

soph-soph27 08-26-2013 04:04 PM

well
at least it was what I expected

B day will be a bit better hopefully

TheAshWolf 08-26-2013 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puckbrina159 (Post 491762)
I miss him.
I can't believe he won't be there.
I'm wearing the shirt he told me he loved.
I'm thinking of him.
I'm remembering the memories of him and I.
The happy,
the funny,
the scared,
the sad,
the surprised,
the confused.
Him.

<:^/ I'm sorry you're missing someone so badly. May I ask who he is?

Puckbrina159 08-26-2013 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheAshWolf (Post 491832)
<:^/ I'm sorry you're missing someone so badly. May I ask who he is?

Thanks. It's my best friend. He moved to a different school. I really miss him. Especially now that I just started middle school and he's not there. I have other friends, it's just no the same with out him. :(

Emaafre 08-26-2013 06:42 PM

Oh my bazingas.

I'm turning 13 next month.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lidshyfflsdjkgjewipjglkdjgvljnljewtliupwe'tp[w9-309tpfildugfojopdwau8r0t9238profi/'sklaf/cs,lC:Pe
F'p
gfjlsdjf":Wtif
E}W{fopcS
DPFW
g

LaurenM 08-27-2013 07:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pluzzle (Post 491989)
okie can i just have ONE only one reply to this like i dont care what it says

so i send this email to my "friends"

cause i read a sad book and i was sad so i said that and the day after, today, i get an email back (very long, this is just the gist of it) saying "Reading a sad book is NOTHING compared to what im going through blah blah blah attention seeking blah blah blah"

Oh I'm sorry
Did I-
Did I tell you when I was suicidal (still am tbh)? Did I rely on you when I was cutting? Did I do ANYTHING like that? Nope. Because I don't want you to worry about me, I don't want you to care. But I do want to know if you're going through something like that. And that's totally contradictory.

Wow, what the fuck.
Being sad after reading a sad book is normal. That is the writer's job in writing sad books. She's overreacting and saying 'what I'm going through' is way more attention-seeking than yours is...which isn't, of course.

lvhamsters 08-27-2013 07:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pluzzle (Post 491989)
okie can i just have ONE only one reply to this like i dont care what it says

so i send this email to my "friends"

cause i read a sad book and i was sad so i said that and the day after, today, i get an email back (very long, this is just the gist of it) saying "Reading a sad book is NOTHING compared to what im going through blah blah blah attention seeking blah blah blah"

Oh I'm sorry
Did I-
Did I tell you when I was suicidal (still am tbh)? Did I rely on you when I was cutting? Did I do ANYTHING like that? Nope. Because I don't want you to worry about me, I don't want you to care. But I do want to know if you're going through something like that. And that's totally contradictory.

Jeez O.o
People like that annoy me to death .-. They just think they're problems are the worst and they don't even consider that other people have problems. My best friend is just like that.
Maybe you can talk to her and tell her that worse things happen? That what she thinks she's going through is nothing compared to what you and thousands of other are going through?

Sorry :c I'm not so good at advice, but I hope everything works out >.<

cloudwriter 08-27-2013 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puckbrina159 (Post 491762)
I miss him.
I can't believe he won't be there.
I'm wearing the shirt he told me he loved.
I'm thinking of him.
I'm remembering the memories of him and I.
The happy,
the funny,
the scared,
the sad,
the surprised,
the confused.
Him.

You have no idea how much I relate to this.

lvhamsters 08-28-2013 01:05 AM

Can't you just cut me a break and let me be happy for one freaking moment???

Emaafre 08-28-2013 03:08 PM

I might be overreacting a little bit, but I tried to sing the Demi Lovato song "Heart by Heart" and I couldn't reach a note that sounded so simple. And I realized I have an alto voice and those are very rare. Most female parts in plays are written for mezzo-soprano and soprano! I'm auditioning for Joseph and the Technicolor Dreamcoat in a few months. They specifically said "no pop songs", so basically any song that is in my vocal range is out. :( GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! People like sopranos more than altos. I want to be a singer, but I don't think I'll be able to be successful if I can't sing high enough. D: kidsjglkv/jsdf;gljwpeo jsgflsvkjczh nlv;jioeugfjlvsdkhgliu lugepoiusdgjlkjsljlsgujkfvlgjlsdhgvlhl shglhglvhjl

Puckbrina159 08-28-2013 06:13 PM

Oh. Okay. So we're just gonna ignore out problems? All the problems we had? We're just gonna continue like they didn't happen. Yeah that's fine. Who needs to deal with their problems when you can just not, anyway? Yeah. That's fine. That's just fine.

BearWithAStrawberry 08-28-2013 07:03 PM

the world these days.

I. AM. VERY. DISAPPOINTED. IN. YOU.


thats so nasty.

meerkat 08-28-2013 08:06 PM

why do i have to scream just so people know i exist?
why am i so ugly that no one can even look at me?
why do people never take me seriously?
why am i a horrible dirty good-for-nothing?
why do i jinx people just by being around them?
why can i never JUST BE ALONE?!?!?!
screw life. screw everything.
I HATE IT ALL.

meerkat 08-28-2013 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emaafre (Post 492149)
I might be overreacting a little bit, but I tried to sing the Demi Lovato song "Heart by Heart" and I couldn't reach a note that sounded so simple. And I realized I have an alto voice and those are very rare. Most female parts in plays are written for mezzo-soprano and soprano! I'm auditioning for Joseph and the Technicolor Dreamcoat in a few months. They specifically said "no pop songs", so basically any song that is in my vocal range is out. :( GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! People like sopranos more than altos. I want to be a singer, but I don't think I'll be able to be successful if I can't sing high enough. D: kidsjglkv/jsdf;gljwpeo jsgflsvkjczh nlv;jioeugfjlvsdkhgliu lugepoiusdgjlkjsljlsgujkfvlgjlsdhgvlhl shglhglvhjl

yayyyyy alto buddies :D
hmm... maybe you could take a song written for a soprano and change the key? idk...

BearWithAStrawberry 08-28-2013 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meerkat (Post 492227)
why do i have to scream just so people know i exist?
why am i so ugly that no one can even look at me?
why do people never take me seriously?
why am i a horrible dirty good-for-nothing?
why do i jinx people just by being around them?
why can i never JUST BE ALONE?!?!?!
screw life. screw everything.
I HATE IT ALL.

Sh you know it isn't all that bad.

In the first couple of lines I feel as if you are sugggesting that you want to have friends and be with other people, but I guess it's kind of hypocritical when you ask to be alone.

95% of girls are actually a lot prettier than they think.

Emaafre 08-28-2013 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meerkat (Post 492229)
yayyyyy alto buddies :D
hmm... maybe you could take a song written for a soprano and change the key? idk...

Alto buddies lol :) I have to do karaoke, I can't do a capella.

meerkat 08-28-2013 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BearWithAStrawberry (Post 492240)
Sh you know it isn't all that bad.

In the first couple of lines I feel as if you are sugggesting that you want to have friends and be with other people, but I guess it's kind of hypocritical when you ask to be alone.

95% of girls are actually a lot prettier than they think.

haha who needs friends when you have a weird swim teammate? XD
i just think i'm below other people and i'm not good enough for the world.
my dad thinks i should see a therapist for that. therapists scare me.
and i love being alone, but no one ever lets me do it. it's always "oh meera you should let me stay in your room and sing songs in my horrible voice while you're working and annoy you 24/7! it's gonna be soooo much fun!"


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:48 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.