Quantcast The Writer's Block - View Single Post - Please. I'm begging. Don't read this. No joke.
View Single Post
Old 07-09-2011, 08:30 PM

Default On Inspirations

Greetings! As many of us are aware, writing is not for everyone. But reading is. Every book has it's audience, people who will love it and people who will hate it. We just have to accept that as authors. But we get so many questions. I've read interviews with various writers, and there always seems to be one reoccurring question: How do you come up with these ideas?

Wow. That's hard to answer because we all walk by so many stories each day, just begging to be put on paper. And once we select one, it is the author's job to make it the best it can be and to keep pushing on. At first, I'm on fire for the book, but after a while, I struggle for inspiration. I find mine in music and scenery, and in the way people act around me. That couple at the grocery store. That accident on the news. My mind starts to reel and it's all I can think about. Then I sit down and write.

Everyone has different techniques, though, so I'm curious about your thoughts.
"Oh! Somebody ought to take society by the four corners of the sheet and toss it all into the air! Everything would be broken, most likely, but at least nobody would have anything, there'd be that much gained!" - Les MisÚrables