Quantcast The Writer's Block - View Single Post - The Next Human Evolution
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2014, 11:29 PM

*Carter can meet Robin*

A jolt awakens me and I instinctively get into a fighting stance before realising it was just a cat. I looked up into the sky and noticed that it was was nearing dusk. I can't believe I slept in so late. I quickly jumped onto the nearest rooftop and made my way across it running and jumping to the closest rooftop over and over again. I slowed my pace down a bit and was slowly walking across a slanted rooftop when my foot slipped and I went sliding over the edge. As I went over my hands grabbed onto the gutter but I didn't have the strength to pull myself back up. I knew I could've used my powers but I was trying to be normal, so I was going to get out of this like a normal person even though this probably wasn't a situation a normal person would get stuck in. I dangled for a moment before I realised there was a window in front of me and a boy with brown hair and hazel eyes was staring directly at me. There was also two other men dressed in suits who I didn't realise I was there until that boy started gaping like a fish. The men turned around and I stared back frightened and shocked as I realised the men were from the government, who was currently hunting people like me. I heard one of the men shout, "call back up, we will get her this time," as he rushed for the front door.

I struggled for a bit longer before I knew it was hopeless and hurriedly let go and levitated myself to the ground . So much for being a normal person. I started running but in less than a minute I was surrounded by them. I saw that the boy was standing at his front door with an older gent who were both looking at me oddly.
"Now come on darlin," one of the operative sneered, "we won't hurt you if you come with us easily."

He was slowly taking steps forward and I reacted by lowering my head in not submission but shame of what I was about to do.
"I will never come with you," I screamed as I tried to focus on sending them all flying high in the air. When I looked up they were all floating there and I hurriedly bought them smashing to the ground. I was about to run off but my eyes locked with those of that boy and I could see something in his eyes which I mistook for disgust.