Quantcast The Writer's Block - View Single Post - Help me create a title for my novel. Please?
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2014, 02:40 PM

Default Help me create a title for my novel. Please?

Alright. I've been working on this book for almost three years now, and the title has remained: Untitled. It is getting so aggravating that I can't even think right. Haha. Here's the introduction:

There is a time and place in the future not too long from now, where animals have grown to frightening numbers large enough to make modern scientists do a double take. A future time period in which humans are on the verge of extinction. The humans have split; one group calls themselves the Survivors and the larger group the TreeHuggers. Survivors kill the animals for resources, highly aware of the danger they’re in, which includes blood-thirsty TreeHuggers, stampedes of antelopes, and the fact that they lack a firm grip on Earth territory. TreeHuggers, on the other hand, live in developed tribes of skyscrapers and hospitals, sharpening their weapons for a human hunting spree. Of course, they believe they’re doing the humane thing; they believe that killing humans and protecting animals is what they were born to do.

There are forty-three humans in the village of Survivors, not one more or one less. In that village, seventeen are female. Six are so crinkled and raspy-voiced that I doubt they will ever have a glimpse of imagination suggesting they could reproduce, two so young they can barely obtain a proper grip on their weapons, but the majority of them, the nine that have been left unmentioned, were balancing on the thin edge between child and teenager.

Soooo, yeah... Also, if you have a better name for the TreeHuggers or Survivors, feel free to spill, because I don't exactly like those names.