Quantcast The Writer's Block - View Single Post - Teddy Lupin: Year One
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2014, 10:32 AM

When the weird man knocked on his door, Aspen wasn't sure what to do. He had dark eyes and a brush of stubble on his face, with ruffled brown hair. "Hello, sir," the man said. "Am I at the residence of Aspen Flutterdun?"
"Why, yes, sir, you are," Aspen replied.
The man smiled warmly, and it changed his face completely. Suddenly, Aspen could see the pain of a hard childhood and the strength of overcoming it. "I am Neville Longbottom. I have a letter for you." He pulled a yellowed, parchment envelope from inside his long, stylish coat. A bracelet woven with some kind of green stone shone at his wrist.
The boy gulped and said, "May I go get my mothers?"
Neville Longbottom nodded and said, "I was just about to insist that."
Aspen felt his face flush as he ran back into the dining room, where his moms were making breakfast. "Oh, Asp, who was at the door?" his Mommy said. (For clarification, one of his moms was called Mom and the other called Mommy, even though he was a big boy now and calling someone "Mommy" sounded childish.)
"There's a strange man with a long butt that says he has a letter for me!"
Mom's hand faltered. She put down the knife that she'd been chopping strawberries with. "I beg your pardon?"
Both Mrs. Flutterduns dropped their cooking utensils and ran for the door. Aspen tottered behind them. He hid behind Mommy and poked his head around her arm.
"Neville Longbottom," Neville Longbottom said grandly. "I'm here to talk to you about magical education for your son."
Mom sputtered, "Magical education?"
This strange man with his rumpled hair and long butt and odd bracelet said, "Yes, the very best magical education you'll find in Europe - Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry."

((death, white lies))