Quantcast The Writer's Block - View Single Post - Girl Problems!
Thread: Girl Problems!
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2018, 02:21 AM

Oh geez that sucks man Iím sorry. Okay so like sort of tips I guess?? Idk?? Heating pads and hot water bottles are your best friends. In my experience, hot water bottles are more effective but heating pads are quicker and can be used for longer. Find which one works best for you.
In the future, donít be worried if your periods are irregular, itís pretty common for teenagers. Even still, try to keep track of them, I go through periods of consistency and then a few wonky ones, so it still helps me out sometimes. Personally to keep track of them, I use the app Flo to log the dates and related things and it even predicts when my next period will be but you can figure out how you want to keep track of them.
At some point youíre going to start your period while at school. Because of this and because of the possible unpredictable schedule of your periods, always always always keep at least three pads at the bottom of your bag. Also, if youíre able to stash your pain pill of choice in there, at least in the days leading up to it. Itís hell to sit through class with crippling cramps ripping through you. Make sure to hide them really well though and be careful where you take them because youíre technically not supposed to have that stuff at school. If youíre not comfortable with that or your parents arenít letting you take ibuprofen or Tylenol yet at least keep some dark chocolate in your bag. It might not help you since it doesnít work for everyone, but it can sometimes help with cramps.
Female teachers are your saviors . Some of them wonít be generous but a lot of them will definitely understand if you whisper to them that your period just started so you need extra trips to the bathroom, or canít speak in class at the moment, etc.
Cramps- donít just lay in bed and suffer. I know itís tempting. But itíll only make it worse. Sometimes gentle exercising can help alleviate it, so try pacing. Or cuddle up on the couch with your tools of choice and play puzzles on your phone or something. Keep your mind engaged so it canít focus completely on the pain.
Somebodyís likely already told you this but the blood isnít always consistent and red! If the bleeding lasts more than a week, donít worry so long as it doesnít stretch more than a few days. If itís brown donít freak out. If you stop bleeding and then suddenly start bleeding again donít worry. Everyoneís period is different, youíll start to notice patterns in your cycle.
If you notice youíre getting super emotional all of a sudden, thatís a good sign your period is on its way. Donít worry honey, you havenít turned into emotion Godzilla, and the world isnít ending. It can be difficult to realize that itís just your hormones and not your life crashing down, but itíll pass.
Pleaseee remember to stick to the times recommended on the pad/tampon packages. Itís not only gross to leave it on for longer (even if you havenít bled on it much) but it can also be really bad for your vaginal health. Also, speaking of pads and tampons, donít stress over ďneedingĒ to switch to tampons at any point. It isnít more grown up or mature or whatever to use tampons. If youíre more comfortable with pads, use pads. If youíre more comfortable with tampons, use tampons. Donít worry about it.
If another girl (/someone who isnít female but still gets periods) is talking about her period, donít compare your periods to hers. If she gets stronger/longer cramps, that doesnít mean the your periods are any less awful so donít feel like you have it easy or like you canít complain. Same for the other way around and with bleeding.
Also! Always keep an abundance of pads/tampons in your room/bathroom! I donít care if you think youíll be fine with what you have, you might not be and when youíre suddenly down to one pad because you thought you were all set and forgot to buy extras, you will not have a fun time!
Hope some of that helps you out some. Canít think of much else right now. Sorry your first period had such bad timing, but hey, one of my friends got her first period on the first day of her familyís Trip to Africa and my best friend started hers on a cruise in the middle of an ocean. Best of luck hon