Quantcast The Writer's Block - View Single Post - Your emotional venting thread. I'll explain.
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2020, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werty View Post
her mom and her grandparents are kinda the problem (she's got a very fractured family). my mom knows about it but there's not much she can do. my friend is doing a little better not but she still sometimes cuts herself. i've been BEGGING her to get therapy (which her mom offered) and she keeps saying "maybe", and when it comes to her, maybe is a hard pass. i love her so much but being her personal therapist and nearly the sole person she relies her problems too (i know the most. she always comes to me) is so hard because now i have two lives in my responsibility.

you got any tips on how to convince her to get therapy? i've already told her it's patient/therapist confidential but she's probably not going to budge.
you could also tell her that while you’re happy being a comfort person for her you can’t be a vent person for her. tell her that when she’s sad she can hang out with you and you can watch terrible shows or cook or just keep each other company, but you don’t always want her to tell you exactly what’s wrong. i have a lot of friends who have issues with self harm, and generally the arrangement i have with them is if they are having a hard time and want to hurt themselves they can always come sit in my room and i’ll make them tea and we can watch the office or brooklyn 99 as i do my homework. it’s nice to have someone who understands that you’re sad and will support you through it, but you can 100% do that without exhausting yourself