Quantcast I need serious advice about the boy I babysit - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home

Go Back   The Writer's Block > Outside Life > Free advice
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-21-2011, 09:00 PM
kgs221 kgs221 is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Somewhere
Posts: 504
Default I need serious advice about the boy I babysit

So there's a lady in my neighborhood that heard about me from another client, that she was using as a daycare facility and never paid and dropped him off daily. I'm worried about the boy because he's partially blind and the mom is probably mentally ill.

So she'd call me 15 minutes in advance and ask if I could babysit at MY house, finally I arranged for me to come over to their house. Apparently the woman was going through chemo yet she had all her hair and she claimed she could just walk in and have chemo, which is not true. Also she's called herself three different things. Angie, Angela, Angelina, ect. she has a boyfriend, and she's very slutzy, wearing middrift tops, and just icky. The boy craves attention and is always rocking back and forth (he's about 6) he doesn't know his last name, how old he is, or what grade/school he's in. And I'm worried. Also I saw the woman at the pool smoking. Now the women hasn't called me or the other person she was using in 3 days and that's really unusual. I've told my parents and my parents agree something's wrong. Any other ideas what me or my family should do? Should I contact a child protective service, cause I'm worried the woman might be getting drunk. Cause she couldn't remember where she lived... HELP!!! Also I tried calling and I got a message that said "This number is no longer available." or something like that.
Why are you making me put a sig? i don't want a sig, so I won't have a sig. Wait? This is my new sig? Oh. Okay.

Last edited by kgs221; 08-21-2011 at 09:05 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 09:09 PM
rachelkirsten rachelkirsten is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: In fourth year at Hogwarts, going on epic adventures at night with Harry, Ron, and Hermione.
Posts: 1,529

Wow . . . . that sounds like a tough situation.

Okay, I won't pretend like I know exactly what to do, and my answer is awesome. But this is just my personal opinion, and this is what I PERSONALLY would do:

First of all, DON'T babysit for that family. The boy sounds like a lot to handle, and the mom . . . Geez, with a worldly woman like that, you never know what might happen or what she would do.

Second, really discuss it with your parents, and get their heart-felt personal opinions on the matter as well.

Third; once you have talked with you parents, consider your options, whatever they might be. I don't know because I haven't talked to your parents.

I hope everything works out!! Please let me know.
In peace,
~ Mallori Sparke

be L oyal O bedient V irtuous E ncouraging

Phil. 4:13 "I can do all things through Him who gives me strength."

MUSIC can . . .
Give you hope . . .
Make you believe . . .
Heal your heart . . .
Touch your soul . . .
And never leave your mind . . .
~ Mallori Sparke
Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 10:16 PM
AlgebraAddict AlgebraAddict is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: May 2011
Location: tehksus
Posts: 16,918


That boy should not be living with that woman. If you're like fourteen or younger you should like tell your parents and have them do something, if you're older do something yourself. If you look online, you can find who is in charge of taking care of those things in your state and you can probably contact them about it. Poor kid.

and I'll use you as a
w a r n i n g
s i g n
that if you talk enough sense, then you'll lose your mind

- I Found, by Amber Run
Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 10:40 AM
missmaple missmaple is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: The Black Pearl
Posts: 324

Like the others, I say, don't babysit him. Calmly explain to his mother that you do not feel able to take on that job and put your foot down. If she's angry or upset, don't contact her further. Talk to your parents carefully about it. You may have to contact someone.

Just remember this: Don't make assumptions about a person based on only a few observations. The woman and her son could have family taking care of them, it could be a temporary situation, there are all kinds of things that could have happened. Nevertheless, they're definitely going through a tough time, and they need help.
I wanted to find something really cool to do with my sig
But I couldn't think of anything...
So this is it
I hope you don't mind
That it's not the most creative thing on earth
But there's something very clean and simple
About it

Reply With Quote

advice, babysitting, help me

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:47 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.