Quantcast Harry Potter vs. Twilight - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home

Go Back   The Writer's Block > Books and Such > Pottery
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-18-2009, 11:51 PM

Post Harry Potter vs. Twilight

What do you like more, or what do you think is better, Harry Potter or Twilight? Let the debates (arguments!!) begin!

Yes, I know... This should probably be on the Twilight thread... Oh well. Sorry this is on "Pottery." At least it has something to do with Harry Potter.
Old 03-19-2009, 04:09 AM

Don't worry, it could be on either of the threads

And I say Harry Potter wins HANDS DOWN. *nods*
Old 03-19-2009, 03:04 PM

Duh, Harry Potter.
Twilight is flashy and stuff, but it hasn't got the depth that Potter's got.
Sorry, Twi-hards.
I saw the movie, read 100 pages from Breaking Dawn and 167 pages from the first book, and both just don't do my fancy.
Old 03-19-2009, 06:27 PM

Harry Potter, definitely! I haven't read Twilight, but still, Harry Potter is SO much better, (I've read a lot about Twilight on KidPub.) Still, I've read all seven books, so HA! I know!! Why am I using exclamation marks? Who knows... Oh well...
Old 03-19-2009, 08:16 PM

Send a message via AIM to Danish621 Send a message via Yahoo to Danish621

*agrees with all above*

Yeah, Harry Potter is WAY better. I haven't read the Twilight books either, but I already know that HP wins.

Have a grape day.
Old 03-20-2009, 12:54 AM

I've read ALL of both series (gosh they were both long XD) and HP wins. Although the plot was great in Twilight and the whoel vampire thing was awesome, sometimes the writing really sucked. Stephenie Meyer could have done so much more with that.

And Harry Potter was, on the whole, awesomely awesome. I mean, does Stephenie Meyer have kids running around playing vampire baseball like JK has kids making up their own versions of quidditch? Do we loathe James and the Volturi like we loathe Voldemort? Did SM have the entire world waiting with baited breath for the last book in her series to come out, like JK had the world lining up outside bookstores for DAYS to get one of the books?

I don't think so.

HP wins. No doubt.
Old 03-20-2009, 10:32 AM

Oh yeah... I remember I reserved a copy of JKR's book months in advance. It's been a while since I actually thought about basically how EVERYONE was there when I got the book. Wow. I can't believe it's been 1 and 1/2 years since it came out. But still, I agree. I woke up and might as well have dragged my parents out the door who, yes, I'm very sad to say, *sniffles* had no clue that it was out that day. *sniffles again* HP rules!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren View Post
I've read ALL of both series (gosh they were both long XD) and HP wins. Although the plot was great in Twilight and the whoel vampire thing was awesome, sometimes the writing really sucked. Stephenie Meyer could have done so much more with that.

And Harry Potter was, on the whole, awesomely awesome. I mean, does Stephenie Meyer have kids running around playing vampire baseball like JK has kids making up their own versions of quidditch? Do we loathe James and the Volturi like we loathe Voldemort? Did SM have the entire world waiting with baited breath for the last book in her series to come out, like JK had the world lining up outside bookstores for DAYS to get one of the books?

I don't think so.

HP wins. No doubt.
Old 03-20-2009, 10:38 AM

Once I finally overcame my "I don't like wizards" deal, I loved Harry Potter. And now, I do fan fic in my head.... Oh well.
I've read Twilight and New Moon, and didn't really like it. It was fun to read while I was reading, but I do this thing after I read a good book, where I start inserting myself into the story. Harry Potter, I do it all the time. Twilight.... Meh.... It's doesn't work.
Vampires and Werewolves are cool and all, but think of all the creatures in HP!!!!
Anyways.
Harry Potter pwns Twilight. End of story.

Heh, if my friend read this, she would freak. She hates Harry Potter and loves Twilight... Poor fool...
Old 04-01-2009, 09:16 PM

Is there anyone out there that likes both Harry Potter and Twilight? And I do mean 'like', not just love one and tolerate the other. It seems like everyone I meet either loves HP and thinks Twilight is pointless, or the other way around. Am I crazy? (By the by, I am an HP- loved Twi- Tolerated)
Old 04-02-2009, 06:09 AM

Wellll, I'm the lovin' HP and toleratin' Twilight sort.