Quantcast Star Chronicles NES - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home
Old 08-16-2017, 10:20 AM

Default Star Chronicles NES

Welcome to the Star Chronicles NES. You are an almighty omnipotent entity who has awakened to find themself in a strange and unearthly galaxy. You have been given the ability to shape and manipulate life around you, and you can use this power to create your own incredible alien species. From a savage alien swarm and a species of enlightened psychic beings to a technological cyborg race or world-invading shapeshifters, your alien species can be anything you, their creator, desire.

But it turns out that there are other entities like you that are creating their own races. Not all of them are willing to cooperate. You must expand your empire and evolve your species if you and your legacy are to survive. Befriend other races and form alliances or fight them in epic and devastating wars. Expand your empire by claiming or capturing other worlds, and problem solve to save your race from all challenges that may come up, such as lack of food, epidemics, or maybe even nearby black holes. Build up your captured worlds with cities and develop and advance your empire.

The first step to joining Star Chronicles is to create your alien race. Fill out the form below and post it to submit your species and join the game. Remember that your aliens start out as weak to grow stronger as you expand your empire, so make sure the starting aliens are little underpowered. I will tell you if I think your race is to overpowered to start. You can base your species after a species from a sci-fi movie or book, but make them as original as you can. After filling out the form, please read the rules that are included after the form.

Name: (what is the name of your alien race?)

Description: (what is your alien race like? Is it a swarm of deadly insectoids? Shape-shifters? Do they exist only on a certain plane of reality? This can be anything you want, but just remember that when your alien race starts out it must be weak)

Appearance: (what does your alien race look like?)

Abilities: (do they have telekinesis? Enhanced vision? These are in essence "superpowers" your species has that set them apart from humans. Make sure they are not overpowered at the start of the game. If you really want a certain power but it is too overpowered, you could tone it down for now. For example, if you wanted telekinesis, at the start your aliens could only lift car-sized objects but eventually they could move whole planets)

Strengths: (these are not abilities, but rather other strengths your aliens have. Do they work well together? If you have an alien swarm, strength in unstoppable numbers would count as a strength here. Maybe they are all very intelligent or perceptive)

Weaknesses: (do your aliens have strength in numbers but are weak by themselves? Maybe they are powerful with psychic abilities but physically weak. Think of a weakness that would be a natural consequence of your aliens' abilities or strengths, or anything else you would like to add)

Homeworld: (what is the name of the world where this alien species was first made. Optional: describe what this world is like)

Other: (for anything else you want to add. Maybe include their backstory)

Even though this may not seem like you are writing a story, this is a story of the rise of the alien race you have created and the adventures they have in the universe. If you want, you can write from the POV of one of the aliens you have created.

Now for a few rules. Please read these carefully. You, as the leader of this alien race, can order your aliens to do certain tasks. You can build up your cities and set up trading ports to connect your world, or explore other parts of your world, anything you want. You can explore and claim other worlds to expand your empire. When doing this, write actions like "I tell my aliens to create a trading post...and then describe them doing it or anything else" or "I tell my aliens to set out to explore a nearby world. They begin loading up the Inquisitor-class warships..."

If you got in a battle with a rival alien race, you would write out exactly what orders you would give like a real commander, like "I move my ion torpedo guns to the left flank and send forward my alien horse-riding sentinels" and the other person you were fighting would respond with their commands. Or you could negotiate alliances with other players to grow stronger together. Each time you conquer or claim a new planet, you can upgrade your alien race by developing new weapons or making their powers better or by creating a new type of alien more powerful than your first ones.

For certain things, like exploring new worlds, I thought it would be cool if I (or someone else) would tell you what happened as a result of your action so you could adapt and problem solve. For example, if you chose to explore a new world, I would post on here what happened as a result like "You encountered savage alien elephants on the new planet. What do you do?" or something like that. And I would tell you if you were out of food and needed to expand to a new planet or something. This post is getting really long so if you have any questions please ask. Enjoy the NES!

P.S. I thought it would be cool to have a sci-fi soundtrack you could listen to while doing the NES. Click on this link to listen to some cool songs for free in your browser. http://soundcloud.com/ashgan-karcis/sets/solaris

Stan Lee

Last edited by Codename-X12; 08-16-2017 at 04:41 PM.
Old 08-16-2017, 02:06 PM

Yeet okay I'll join this soon
Old 08-16-2017, 04:59 PM

This looks cool I'll join whenever I have time

will i ever be more than i've always been

tap, tap, tapping on the glass

Waving through a window
Old 08-17-2017, 09:15 AM

cool. i'm going to finish up my alien race today

Stan Lee
Old 08-17-2017, 09:59 AM

here's my alien race!

Name: Vordrax

Description: Vordrax are otherworldly winged creatures that are very intelligent and, while there are not many of them, they are very powerful on their own. They possess psychic abilities that make them a force to be reckoned with in combat. They can only speak telepathically, they do not have vocal cords

Appearance: I drew a picture of them
https://www.kidpub.com/forum3/album....pictureid=7740

Abilities: Vordrax possess immense psychic abilities that will only grow stronger as they expand and conquer new worlds. Their only psychic powers when first being created are telekinesis and the ability to cause mild fear in their opponents. This telekinesis is their prime method of attack when they are first created and they can use it to rip to shreds opposing creatures

Strengths: Their central eyes have vision many times stronger than humans and these eyes can also see just as well in absolute dark. They are highly intelligent and strategic, and their telepathic thinking prevents their enemies from hearing their plans. Even a single Vordrax is powerful enough on its own to stand a chance against a higher number of weaker opponents. They possess an outer exoskeleton that makes them able to endure many forms of attack, and also have the ability to fly, and can even fly for a short time through the vacuum of space

Weaknesses: As there are not many Vordrax, this means that they can be overwhelmed by the superior numbers of a swarm-type race, and even the death of one or two Vordrax is a painful blow to their entire group. Their exoskeleton can be damaged over time to the point where it does not provide much protection. Once this skeleton is destroyed, the Vordrax can be easily terminated. Their large eyes provide easy targets for ranged weapons, and with all eyes destroyed, the Vordrax is greatly weakened

Homeworld: Shardaxis Prime (a lush jungle world full of floating islands that are suspended above the planets surface. The highest of these floating planets have their surfaces nearly outside of the planet's atmosphere. Gravity is very weak on that planet, but the exoskeleton's of the Vordrax protect them. There are jungles even on the floating islands and these trees have the appearance of almost like autumn trees on earth. There are very strong winds on this planet, making up in some aspects for the weak gravity)

Other: can't think of anything i missed

Stan Lee
Old 08-17-2017, 12:57 PM

Name- Vhementi
Description: The Vhementi are a (mostly) aquatic race that is quite peaceful. They are intelligent, and work best in small groups. Though peaceful, they are still powerful and are not to be taken lightly.
Appearance: Vhementi have humanoid figures, with a few exceptions. Their skins are unnatural colors, with the males having pale blue skin, and the females having light lavender colored skin. Vhementi of both genders have strange markings in various places. Some have markings on their chest, their arms, their face, or their neck. The location, shape, and color of these markings indicate their rank. Due to their watery environment, the Vhementi have gills, which allow them to breath underwater. These gills also flare out when the Vhementi is angered. They also have glowing eyes (which aid them in seeing down in the depths of their oceans), the glow's color differs between genders.
Abilities: Vhementi have the ability to manipulate water, and over time have obtained mild telepathic abilities as well. Although their capabilities started small, only being able manipulate moderate amounts of water at a time, their abilities will grow to much higher levels, including controlling substances with mere traces of water in them, such as blood. They are also capable of changing their lower body into a tail, allowing them to be faster in the water.
Strengths: The scales of a Vhementi's tail are one of the toughest materials in the universe, and are nearly impenetrable. They also have light spatterings of scales on them even in their human form, so it is difficult to land an effective blow without knowing where to hit. They are also very intelligent, and their scientific and technological prowess is admired by the planets they ally with. They are a largely peaceful race, but when fighting they use their sharp teeth and retractable claws or their advanced weaponry.
Weaknesses: Vhementi are by no means weak, but fighting is still not their strong suit. Large swarms can overpower them, as can high leveled individuals. And although they are able to breath on land for periods of time, they are still aquatic and as such require moisture.
Homeworld: Aqua (A planet covered almost entirely by water. There are a few islands, but they're rather hard to come by. The islands look almost like something from earth, but below the water's surface is an entirely different story. The scenery is exotic and beautiful, with many indescribable fish and plant life. The weather above the water is drab and easy to predict, as 90% of the time it's only a vast, endless expanse of clouds. On the rare occasion that it rains or the sun breaks through the clouds, the event is celebrated with large festivals, as the change in weather is thought to be a blessing from the gods.)
Other: Vhementi are a peaceful race. They travel from planet to planet, searching for life and sharing their wisdom and scientific advances with the natives. They have fairly long life spans of 100-250 years. They live mostly in separate tribes, but the relations between these tribes are strong and they often cooperate on many projects. Gems are a valued resource, and trade between Aqua and neighboring planets largely consists of Aqua's technology and other planet's gems. These gems are used for power and just as trinkets. Gems are so valued amongst the Vhementi that many go so far as fusing gems into their skin or tales (it's almost like the human equivalent of tattoos or piercings.)
(Might add more later)

Last edited by Steampunk; 08-17-2017 at 01:02 PM.
Old 08-18-2017, 12:22 PM

cool concept!

Stan Lee