Quantcast The Next Human Evolution - Page 5 - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home

Go Back   The Writer's Block > Writing > Never Ending Stories
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-08-2014, 03:46 PM

"I'm taking you to the hospital a few blocks form here. Now, are you planning on walking, or…" I put my hands out awkwardly to motion that I'd carry her. Reluctantly she allowed me to scoop her up and carry her. Luckily she was fairly small, and I wasn't exactly weak, but my arms were starting to get a little sore after a few blocks. We weaved through alleys to avoid being seen by people going about their everyday lives on the main streets. And then it came into sight.

I walked a little quicker as she slipped back into unconsciousness. The hospital's bright red signs directed me to the emergency room exit. Crap, how was I going to explain this? I decided not to worry about it, my biggest priority was to get whatever-her-name-was taken care of so I didn't have a death on my conscious.

Her eyes flickered back upon and she groaned when she realized where we were. I said reassuringly, "It's alright, we're gonna fix this. Just tell me your name, so I can help."
Old 10-14-2014, 06:20 AM

Should I tell him my real name? No that probably isn't the best idea, the hospital would know my name. Black dots were clouding my vision as I tried to think of a name.
"Lacey Sanders," I muttered out finally before the blackness consumed me.
Old 10-15-2014, 05:33 PM

*A/N: This is gonna be short. Whatever.*

Lacey.

Something about the name seemed a little too frilly for this girl, but I had nothing else to go off of so I just went with it. I ran into the ER and immediately the receptionist jumped up and rushed over.

"She's bleeding. And unconscious. Someone, please, just help her!" I say, urgency overtaking my voice.
Old 10-18-2014, 07:10 AM

As my eyes flittered open I stared around in shock as I realised where I was. I started to pull out the needles. A sharp beeping noise startled me and seemed to awaken someone behind me. I turned around to come face to face with Carter. Oh my gosh. He looks kind of angry but before he can say anything I cut him off, "we have to get out of here, come on we will climb out the window." I grab his hand and head towards the closest window.
Old 10-18-2014, 06:51 PM

"Woah, woah, woah, you're not in any condition to be climbing out windows," I said to the girl, Lacey or whatever her name was. I was sure she could detect the bit of angry annoyance in my voice but I didn't care. All I had wanted was to drop her off here and make sure she woke up, after that I had planned on heading back to my grandfather's house. I had no intentions to get involved with some… some street girl.

Oh well. Lately it had seemed like nothing ever went as I intended. Because one thing I knew for sure was that if i left her, fresh out of her operation and sort of delirious, she was going to get herself into some really big trouble.
Old 10-19-2014, 05:10 AM

"Of yes we are," I spoke confidently as I pushed him out the window before jumping out myself. We were on the first floor so it wouldn't have hurt that much if we hadn't landed in a rose bush. I groaned as the thorns pierced my skin but shook it off and pulled myself free. I was about to turn and walk away when I remembered Carter and went to help pull him out.
Old 10-21-2014, 07:08 AM

"You are the most insane person I've ever met, and that's saying something." I mumbled, picking some of the thorns out of my skin. She smiled but continued on. Reluctantly I followed. "Where are we going?"
Old 10-22-2014, 08:29 AM

I didn't know whether to take that as I compliment or an insult so I just shrugged and kept walking. "Somewhere you shall find out soon enough," I answered him casually. My eyes scanned for the entrance and it took at least half an hour before I found it. I quickly moved the boulder out of the way and beckoned Carter in," welcome to my home."
Old 11-01-2014, 01:19 PM

I followed her in. "This is where you live?" I question her.

*Yep. That really did take me like a week and a half to write.*
Old 11-03-2014, 06:17 AM

I nodded shyly before I stepped in further. My home wasn't much but it was special to me. I turned towards Carter and watched him as he took in his surroundings.