Quantcast A Hunger Games Fanfic We Write Together - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home

Go Back   The Writer's Block > Books and Such > Book Clubs
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-24-2012, 06:16 PM

Default A Hunger Games Fanfic We Write Together

Hello, Hunger Games fans! The hype is at maximum levels with the release of the film, but this is not the place to discuss our opinions on the movie. Nope. I have an idea. I thought someone was going to do this before, but it kind of died and I can't find the thread :P But I need twenty-four talented writers and HG fans.

Because we're gonna write a fanfiction.

Since there's twenty-four of you, you may be able to guess how this will play out. Well, everyone will write a SINGLE chapter of any length from the POV of their character. Their character must be a tribute in the Hunger Games, probably the 80th or something. Or we can do like the 70th games. Whatever, as long as Katniss and Peeta aren't around :P And no previous victors! Everyone needs to be brand new characters!

Anyway. This book will be twenty-four chapters, with everyone writing a chapter from a different POV, as aforestated. But our problem is...who's going to do it? And who's going to be the ultimate victor?

Well, that's what this thread is for. First come, first serve! The order we apply for a chapter will be the order in which we write. Like, if anyone wants to go first, I don't have any ideas to start out with, but I'll go second. After that, you can go in the order that you sign up. The last person to sign up will be the victor but we should NOT start to write until the person before us has posted their part. We want to actually seem like we know what we're doing :P So keep up to date on this thread so you know how all our characters will link together. It would be a good idea for us not to start this until everyone signs up, so we can form alliances and such. We'll kick off the actual fanfic as soon as we get organised.

Sound like a plan? ^_^ I hope it works and it isn't confusing. To sign up, fill this out about your character:

NAME:
BACKGROUND:
STRATEGY:
ALLIANCES (a specific character OR anyone from District ___):
MOTIVATION:
STRENGTHS:
WEAKNESSES:
DEATH:
OTHER:

:D Hope you all join and may the odds be ever in your favour!

--- SO FAR ---

Chapter 1: OPEN
Chapter 2: OPEN
Chapter 3: Jack
Chapter 4: OPEN
Chapter 5: Emaafre
Chapter 6: OPEN
Chapter 7: L. S. Tredom
Chapter 8: OPEN
Chapter 9: OPEN
Chapter 10: OPEN
Chapter 11: OPEN
Chapter 12: camikat
Chapter 13: OPEN
Chapter 14: magsiscool
Chapter 15: WolfWriter
Chapter 16: wildwolf
Chapter 17: Ivhamsters
Chapter 18: OPEN
Chapter 19: Rebecca
Chapter 20: OPEN
Chapter 21: AnnaMator
Chapter 22: Caleigh
Chapter 23: BlueMi
Chapter 24: Rockshadow
"Oh! Somebody ought to take society by the four corners of the sheet and toss it all into the air! Everything would be broken, most likely, but at least nobody would have anything, there'd be that much gained!" - Les MisÚrables

Last edited by WolfWriter; 04-10-2012 at 04:57 PM.
Old 03-24-2012, 06:24 PM

AH CALL THE DISTRICT 11 GIRL. 8D In honor of Rue. ^__^

I'll post in a second...
Old 03-24-2012, 06:28 PM

NAME: Allya Grevitch.
DISTRICT: 7
WEAPON OF CHOICE: Bow and Arrow
BACKGROUND: She was born and raised in the foster home, where she quickly learned how to be smart, clever, and excellent with weapons.
STRATEGY: Stays in basically one spot, but kills anyone that comes near her. She launches herself in the Cornucopia, ends up alive and with a black backpack filled with water, food, a sleeping bag, rope and twine, and she also gets the bow and arrow.
ALLIANCES (a specific character OR anyone from District ___): Skittle's character. :P
MOTIVATION: She has a friend, Rocky, that is near death and only high-tech medicine from the Capitol can save her.
STRENGTHS: Strong, clever, smart, fantastic aim.
WEAKNESSES: She doesn't know the difference between Rue's berries and nightlock.
DEATH: Well...can she be the victor? But if not, then she eats the nightlock.
OTHER: She has short black hair and brown eyes.

Last edited by Rockshadow; 03-24-2012 at 06:55 PM.
Old 03-24-2012, 06:30 PM

NAME: Heather
DISTRICT: 11
WEAPON OF CHOICE: Mostly defensive strategies, but she has throwing knives, and later in the book, she acquires a whip from a fallen tribute.
BACKGROUND: comes from tremendously (sp?) ignorant family who doesn't care properly for her, and is thus independant, yet weak and unstable.
STRATEGY: in the trees, like Rue. ^__^ Although, near the end, she gets desperate and starts killing some people. D:
ALLIANCES (a specific character OR anyone from District ___): Camikat's character (umm... yeah. :P) and POSSIBLY Michael, the other 11-er. xD
MOTIVATION: her dog, Truffle, and her crush, a boy named Wilson.
STRENGTHS: agility, aim, survival skills, quick escapes. (:
WEAKNESSES: being cornered, feeling stupid, terrified of death.
DEATH: Killed by Allya (making her victor) in 23rd chapter. XD
OTHER: Appearance: chest-length, straight brown hair that is in a bun for a while, but when her band snaps, she just leaves it out. She is half asian and half Caucasian, and her eyes are dark chocolate brown. She is normal height and underweight, with uneven teeth. *based off my friend. 8D*

Last edited by BlueMi; 03-25-2012 at 02:19 PM.
Old 03-24-2012, 06:32 PM
Caleigh

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfWriter View Post
Hello, Hunger Games fans! The hype is at maximum levels with the release of the film, but this is not the place to discuss our opinions on the movie. Nope. I have an idea. I thought someone was going to do this before, but it kind of died and I can't find the thread :P But I need twenty-four talented writers and HG fans.

Because we're gonna write a fanfiction.

Since there's twenty-four of you, you may be able to guess how this will play out. Well, everyone will write a SINGLE chapter of any length from the POV of their character. Their character must be a tribute in the Hunger Games, probably the 80th or something. Or we can do like the 70th games. Whatever, as long as Katniss and Peeta aren't around :P And no previous victors! Everyone needs to be brand new characters!

Anyway. This book will be twenty-four chapters, with everyone writing a chapter from a different POV, as aforestated. But our problem is...who's going to do it? And who's going to be the ultimate victor?

Well, that's what this thread is for. First come, first serve! The order we apply for a chapter will be the order in which we write. Like, if anyone wants to go first, I don't have any ideas to start out with, but I'll go second. After that, you can go in the order that you sign up. The last person to sign up will be the victor but we should NOT start to write until the person before us has posted their part. We want to actually seem like we know what we're doing :P So keep up to date on this thread so you know how all our characters will link together. It would be a good idea for us not to start this until everyone signs up, so we can form alliances and such. We'll kick off the actual fanfic as soon as we get organised.

Sound like a plan? ^_^ I hope it works and it isn't confusing. To sign up, fill this out about your character:

NAME:
BACKGROUND:
STRATEGY:
ALLIANCES (a specific character OR anyone from District ___):
MOTIVATION:
STRENGTHS:
WEAKNESSES:
DEATH:
OTHER:

Hope you all join and may the odds be ever in your favour!

That sounds really fun! I'll do it!
NAME: Olivia Hemmingsbee
DISTRICT: 12
WEAPON OF CHOICE: Errrrrr...I'm not sure yet. XD
BACKGROUND: Has been taking care of her ill mother since her Dad was killed, and was practically raising her family.
STRATEGY: Hmmmm....
ALLIANCES (a specific character OR anyone from District ___): I'll wait until I see who all fills out a form.
MOTIVATION: Ill Mom and three younger siblings.
STRENGTHS: Quick, perfect hand-eye cordination, and hides well.
WEAKNESSES: BOYS. XD
DEATH: I'm not 100% sure yet.
OTHER:
Hm...I don't want to write right away, so maybe I could go like....eighth or something? XD
Old 03-24-2012, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueMi View Post
NAME: Heather
DISTRICT: 11
WEAPON OF CHOICE: Mostly defensive strategies, but she has throwing knives.
BACKGROUND: comes from tremendously (sp?) ignorant family who doesn't care properly for her, and is thus independant, yet weak and unstable.
STRATEGY: in the trees, like Rue. ^__^ Although, near the end, she gets desperate and starts killing some people. D:
ALLIANCES (a specific character OR anyone from District ___): I dunno. Anyone? :D
MOTIVATION: her dog, Truffle, and her crush, a boy named Wilson.
STRENGTHS: agility, aim, survival skills, quick escapes. (:
WEAKNESSES: being cornered, feeling stupid, terrified of death.
DEATH: either wins (xD) or is killed by someone from District 1 or 2 is 20-23rd chapter. XD
OTHER: ...
How about you write chapter 23 then? :)
"Oh! Somebody ought to take society by the four corners of the sheet and toss it all into the air! Everything would be broken, most likely, but at least nobody would have anything, there'd be that much gained!" - Les MisÚrables
Old 03-24-2012, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockshadow View Post
NAME: Allya Grevitch.
DISTRICT: 7
WEAPON OF CHOICE: Bow and Arrow
BACKGROUND: She was born and raised in the foster home, where she quickly learned how to be smart, clever, and excellent with weapons.
STRATEGY: Stays in basically one spot, but kills anyone that comes near her. She launches herself in the Cornucopia, ends up alive and with a black backpack filled with water, food, a sleeping bag, rope and twine, and she also gets the bow and arrow.
ALLIANCES (a specific character OR anyone from District ___): None. She stays alone.
MOTIVATION: She has a friend, Rocky, that is near death and only high-tech medicine from the Capitol can save her.
STRENGTHS: Strong, clever, smart, fantastic aim.
WEAKNESSES: She doesn't know the difference between Rue's berries and nightlock.
DEATH: Well...can she be the victor? But if not, then she eats the nightlock.
OTHER: She has short black hair and brown eyes.
If you REALLY want to be the victor, you can do so ^__^ If you're certain, I'll put you in for the last chapter
Old 03-24-2012, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfWriter View Post
How about you write chapter 23 then?
Yeah, chapter 23 would be good. xDD Thanks.
Old 03-24-2012, 06:49 PM

Location: en route to Mordor, punching my father, Voldemort, in the nose for not liking my Father's Day gift

I think I'll take the boy from District 11…
Old 03-24-2012, 06:51 PM

I'll take the girl form District 9. :3 I'll fill in my character later, I'm just claiming a spot. xD

Tags
*sobs over wolfwriter*, boomerang guy!!!!, emaafre is awesome, fandom, fanfic, gold eyeliner, group book, hunger games, logan was here!, lst <3 kiwara, tortilla, tributes, who added boomerang tag?