Quantcast Girl Scouts- Like it or not? Need help? - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home

Go Back   The Writer's Block > Outside Life > Free advice
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-22-2011, 09:46 PM

Default Girl Scouts- Like it or not? Need help?

OKay, I don't think many KPers are actualyl Girl Scouts... but just in case. Plus, I'm going to be. Here's some questions I posted on the main KP page @ http://www.kidpub.com/story/just-so-...ment-941112801

I might not be on very frequently for a while because I will be cleaning my house untill it's (near :P) spotless. Why? I'm joiing Girl Scouts.

This is a hard descision to make. If you guys could help me out, I would really appreciate it. I'll just listsome of the questions concerning my descision on Girl Scouts. You don't need to be profound, just please, give me your opinion.

1. I invited my best friend M to the homecoming football game this Friday which starts at 7. But 6-8, the first Girl Scouts meeting will be held. She says it's fine if I go to the meeting instead, but I still feel bad. Should I go? And if I don't, how will I make it up to her? I REALLY want to be there for the first meeting.

2. What are Girl Scouts are your school like? Are they snobs? Most of the people in Girl Scouts I know to be pretty cool, but I don't how I feel aobut announcing that this is waht I want, those are the people I am friends with. Do you like Girl Scouts? Are you one?

3. KH is the witch, if you've read my WB thread (In 'Free Advice' called "YOU Problems. Advice all about yourself.'), you know this. Then there's S. And S I know to be pretty cool, but it's ALWAYS been awkward between us. KH used to be in Girl Scouts but got kicked out, and S is still in there. I'm going to be a bit uncomfortable being who I really want to show I am around her. How should I handle it?

i post what my nipples want (leaving this here to show just how long it's been since I got on, holy crap.)
Old 09-22-2011, 09:50 PM

Location: en route to Mordor, punching my father, Voldemort, in the nose for not liking my Father's Day gift

Here's my comment to that :P:

Quote:
Hiss. Cleaning. :P

Yeah, I'm definitely not part of Girl Scouts, though I'm a boy scout since like… eh, not too long ago, sometime around August, I think. Anyway.

1. I've no idea what a homecoming football game is, for the most part, but, anyway. Is it the first meeting of the year? Or the first one since you joined? If it's the second. I don't think it should matter too much if you miss it. You could try telling M that it's important and asking if you could make it up to her, like spending a day with her or something.

2. The Boy Scouts seem pretty decent to me. Not as epik as KPers(:P), but still rather awesome. Though the LOA, them, and KP… o.o It seems pretty epik with really cool stuff. ^_^

3. I guess, just be yourself. If she cares(unless yourself happens to be a homicidal maniac or such :P), then you shouldn't care about what she thinks.

4. It would probably work on WB… I think it is clogging, though probably better than some of the others. :P

Random question: Is it at a Mormon church? That's where the meetings are for me, and I think most, if not everyone other than me, goes to that church. :P
I'm pretty sure Ninja Cat and Miss Maple are Girl Scouts.
Old 09-22-2011, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.S.Trendom View Post
Here's my comment to that :P:

I'm pretty sure Ninja Cat and Miss Maple are Girl Scouts.
1. It's the first meeting of the year, partly why I want to go so badly.
2. Boy scouts are always decent guys, but in some places, the Girl Scouts can be complete snobs. I'm not 100% sure if that's the case with any of these girls though..
3. I shouldn't, and I don't. Not that much. But if I am anthing other than the standard KH and S protocol, she'll tell KH about it and KH will tell everyone she knows about what a terrible, annoying, snobby, super-ego person I am. *facepalm* -_-
4. I'm deleting it.

i post what my nipples want (leaving this here to show just how long it's been since I got on, holy crap.)
Old 09-22-2011, 10:08 PM

Location: en route to Mordor, punching my father, Voldemort, in the nose for not liking my Father's Day gift

1. I'd say, then tell her that it's important.
2. They are(Boy Scouts)? Didn't know that. :P I hope they aren't.
3. Oh… I don't know then. >.<
Old 09-22-2011, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.S.Trendom View Post
1. I'd say, then tell her that it's important.
2. They are(Boy Scouts)? Didn't know that. :P I hope they aren't.
3. Oh… I don't know then. >.<
1. Okay... will do.
2. Usually. Unless they're all "WOOD, 2 by 4, STRONGNESS, WILDERNESS SKILLS, AHAHA! IM A BOY SCOUT!" and annoying, then they're cool to talk to. Not many Boy Scouts are like that though... :P
3. In case youre still wondering, I have a profound hatred for KH. You know at a school event, the principle called the cops on her? O_O and they showed up?! Annd she was at my house getting her bike tryig to run away?! And there were police cars in front of my house for the first time in my life and it scared me to death and my parents never even nnoticed?

Old 09-24-2011, 07:08 PM

I used to be a Girl Scout... I hated it.
Old 09-24-2011, 07:28 PM

Location: A pirate vessel, a Grecian paradise, a princess castle, a Victorian ball - anywhere romantic!

I used to be one too. Then I grew up and got over it. The girl scouts I know right now are total dorks (Not in a good way), therefore I'm going to venture to say that it's a dorky activity. Cool when you're eight, weird when you're in high school.

But whatev's. I just didn't really like it anymore.
[Smiles, kisses Will, dramatic music, HAPPILY EVER AFTER (until they have to save the day again)!!!]

With inky love, Rose <3

CLICK HERE CLICK HERE CLICK HERE CLICK HERE
Old 09-28-2011, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildwolf View Post
I used to be a Girl Scout... I hated it.
I can imagine that SOOO well...

Old 09-28-2011, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosiePie07 View Post
I used to be one too. Then I grew up and got over it. The girl scouts I know right now are total dorks (Not in a good way), therefore I'm going to venture to say that it's a dorky activity. Cool when you're eight, weird when you're in high school.

But whatev's. I just didn't really like it anymore.
Well, I'm in 6th grade. It's not embarassing quite yet, but most of the girls aren't what you might call prissy or what you might call dorky. I think almost everyone on KP would like them... but I don't know.

Old 09-29-2011, 10:04 AM

Girlscouts was nothing but a conflict. Like four girls tried to become my best friend and then I got in trouble when I told them that I didn't believe in best friends, and if I did, I already had 3 of them, and they weren't girl scouts. I hated girl scouts.

and I'll use you as a
w a r n i n g
s i g n
that if you talk enough sense, then you'll lose your mind

- I Found, by Amber Run