Quantcast New Hogwarts NES - Page 7 - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home
Old 03-29-2016, 11:02 PM

Ok So since we all appear to be here are we going to start?
Old 03-29-2016, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steampunk View Post
Ok! I'm super excited and I'm already pretty sure Rio is gonna be my favorite character XD don't make him too awesome or I'll be to busy fangirling to ever respond XP
ahaha im flattered <3 can't promise he won't get more awesome though ;D

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverMoon View Post
ok listen on Valentine's Day once Brendan and Leander are together (but not bc aces) (they'll call each other datemates but ) anyways they'll literally conjure or transfigure two human hearts sewn together bc that's what a <3 actually is lmao
omggggg yes. i like this. rio also likes this.
Old 03-29-2016, 11:04 PM

Name: Brendan Carey (called Bren by Leander)
Year: 5
Gender: designated male at birth; agender but doesn't mind he/him pronouns. He/him or they/them are fine.
House: Slytherin
Appearance: Bren has somewhat shaggy, naturally very messy auburn brown hair with a long fringe. He styles it to look more fashionably messy than disaster messy, which is how it looks in the morning. His eyes are silvery-grey and his complexion is very light and fair; usually when he comes back to Hogwarts in the fall he has a smattering of freckles across his nose from actually going into the sun occasionally. He has sharp features and high cheekbones and weathered hands with callused palms. Wears makeup when not too lazy. Doesn't do much with his nails, may occasionally wear clear or black nail polish. He's of a lean build and is 5'5".
Personality:
Patronus: Tiger
Backstory: Brendan is a Muggleborn-- because I have an intense need for Muggleborn Slytherins-- who grew up in Cambuslang, Scotland (a suburb on the southeastern outskirts of Glasgow), with his mother, Fiona Carey (née Allaway), who edits literature at a publishing house in Glasgow, and his father, Angus Carey, a professor of neuroscience at the University of Glasgow. He attended Hallside Primary School for six years before getting the Hogwarts acceptance letter, and this is where he met Leander, who lived in the same neighborhood. They've literally been friends since year 1. They've both had a few of those magical incidents over the years, which I won't go into detail on bc they'll either be told as a story in the NES or in flashbacks. After Year 6, a lady named Miss Blackwood (I'm making her up as the Arithmancy professor k? ok) comes to Leander's house to talk to the Delacroix family about the whole wizard thing, and Brendan is over at Leander's house after a sleepover. Miss Blackwood requests that Brendan calls his parents over as well, because this concerns all of them. She then tells the two boys that they're wizards and gives them their letters. Both sets of parents are like "What??? No. We're sending our children to Shawlands Academy in a year for secondary school. What's this magic nonsense?" And then Miss Blackwood takes out her wand and sets the coffee table on fire. (It's magic fire that doesn't actually burn the table.) Brendan and Leander are like "cool!!!11!!!1!1!!1!1!!!" and Miss Blackwood looks back to the stunned parents and hands each family a copy of a book called "So Your Child is A Muggleborn Wizard" which was actually written by a friend of hers and says she'll be back next Saturday. When the next Saturday comes she takes the two boys to Diagon Alley (she gives the parents a chance to tag along, but they don't want to/ haven't quite adjusted yet/have work to do/ whatever) and this is another sequence that will get some attention in the story. They bUY OWLS THAT ARE BASICALLY SOULMATES ok yes. TBH I'll probably cover all of the Nice Backstory Stuff in writing somewhere, I'm too lazy to continue rn.
Wand: Ash, 13 inches, core of unicorn hair
Other: Brendan is a demiromantic asexual with little interest in romance. He's a prefect and has been a Chaser on the Slytherin team since third year.
*I used 'he' in this form b/c Brendan's pronouns are he/they so 'he' is acceptable; also specifically in the backstory because Brendan didn't figure out he was agender until about 13. Also, btw, Brendan and Leander figured out they were asexual at the same time in like, fourth year.

Name: Leander Delacroix (called Lee by Brendan)
House: Ravenclaw
Appearance:
Personality:
Patronus: Octopus
Backstory: Leander is a Muggleborn who grew up in Cambuslang, Scotland, with his father, Benjamin Delacroix, a software developer, and his stepmother, Greer Delacroix (née Buchanan), a financial analyst. He has known Brendan since year 1 of primary school which basically means according to the scientific data of Bren's dad almost as long as he can remember. I basically covered the rest that I'm not too lazy to write yet in Brendan's form. Also, I'm sparing you all because I could write bOOks about Brendan and Leander's backstories.
Wand: Oak, 16 inches, core of unicorn hair
Other: Panromantic asexual probably, but not interested in dating (partially bc most people seem to be into the sexual part of relationships, partially bc they just aren't interested even in romantic dating for the most part) Prefect, Ravenclaw Quidditch team chaser since 3rd year even though he isn't all that passionate about the sport (or sports. or physical activity)

here's what I have so far
they'd lead me to y o u

Last edited by SilverMoon; 04-19-2016 at 12:31 PM.
Old 03-29-2016, 11:06 PM

btw guys I've been on ninja mode for like 5 years so if I don't appear to be online... I'm still here.
they'd lead me to y o u
Old 03-29-2016, 11:09 PM

Quote:
btw guys I've been on ninja mode for like 5 years so if I don't appear to be online... I'm still here.
how do you do that btw ive been curious for a while
Old 03-29-2016, 11:09 PM

also I'm too lazy to actually write them speaking in the Glasgow patter dialect so??? whatevers
they'd lead me to y o u
Old 03-29-2016, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberry View Post
how do you do that btw ive been curious for a while
edit options under user cp
they'd lead me to y o u
Old 03-29-2016, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Name: Brendan Carey (called Bren by Leander)
Gender: designated male at birth; agender but doesn't mind he/him pronouns. He/him or they/them are fine.
House: Slytherin
Appearance: Bren has somewhat shaggy, naturally very messy
Personality:
Patronus: Tiger
Backstory: Brendan is a Muggleborn-- because I have an intense need for Muggleborn Slytherins-- who grew up in Cambuslang, Scotland (a suburb on the southeastern outskirts of Glasgow), with his mother, Fiona Carey (née Allaway), who edits literature at a publishing house in Glasgow, and his father, Angus Carey, a professor of neuroscience at the University of Glasgow. He attended Hallside Primary School for six years before getting the Hogwarts acceptance letter, and this is where he met Leander, who lived in the same neighborhood. They've literally been friends since year 1. They've both had a few of those magical incidents over the years, which I won't go into detail on bc they'll either be told as a story in the NES or in flashbacks. After Year 6, a lady named Miss Blackwood (I'm making her up as the Arithmancy professor k? ok) comes to Leander's house to talk to the Delacroix family about the whole wizard thing, and Brendan is over at Leander's house after a sleepover. Miss Blackwood requests that Brendan calls his parents over as well, because this concerns all of them. She then tells the two boys that they're wizards and gives them their letters. Both sets of parents are like "What??? No. We're sending our children to Shawlands Academy in a year for secondary school. What's this magic nonsense?" And then Miss Blackwood takes out her wand and sets the coffee table on fire. (It's magic fire that doesn't actually burn the table.) Brendan and Leander are like "cool!!!11!!!1!1!!1!1!!!" and Miss Blackwood looks back to the stunned parents and hands each family a copy of a book called "So Your Child is A Muggleborn Wizard" which was actually written by a friend of hers and says she'll be back next Saturday. When the next Saturday comes she takes the two boys to Diagon Alley (she gives the parents a chance to tag along, but they don't want to/ haven't quite adjusted yet/have work to do/ whatever) and this is another sequence that will get some attention in the story. They bUY OWLS THAT ARE BASICALLY SOULMATES ok yes. TBH I'll probably cover all of the Nice Backstory Stuff in writing somewhere, I'm too lazy to continue rn.
Wand: Ash, 13 inches, core of unicorn hair
Other: Brendan is a demiromantic asexual with little interest in romance. He's a prefect and has been a Chaser on the Slytherin team since third year.
*I used 'he' in this form b/c Brendan's pronouns are he/they so 'he' is acceptable; also specifically in the backstory because Brendan didn't figure out he was agender until about 13. Also, btw, Brendan and Leander figured out they were asexual at the same time in like, fourth year.

Name: Leander Delacroix (called Lee by Brendan)
House: Ravenclaw
Appearance:
Personality:
Patronus: Octopus
Backstory: Leander is a Muggleborn who grew up in Cambuslang, Scotland, with his father, Benjamin Delacroix, a software developer, and his stepmother, Greer Delacroix (née Buchanan), a financial analyst. He has known Brendan since year 1 of primary school which basically means according to the scientific data of Bren's dad almost as long as he can remember. I basically covered the rest that I'm not too lazy to write yet in Brendan's form. Also, I'm sparing you all because I could write bOOks about Brendan and Leander's backstories.
Wand: Oak, 16 inches, core of unicorn hair
Other: Panromantic asexual probably, but not interested in dating (partially bc most people seem to be into the sexual part of relationships, partially bc they just aren't interested even in romantic dating for the most part) Prefect, Ravenclaw Quidditch team chaser since 3rd year even though he isn't all that passionate about the sport (or sports. or physical activity)

here's what I have so far
Cool do either of you want to start or should I?
Old 03-29-2016, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steampunk View Post
Cool do either of you want to start or should I?
You can start if you want
they'd lead me to y o u
Old 03-29-2016, 11:11 PM

oh one sec!! i'll post my form

Tags
ena loves pain, ena was here, harry potter, hazel will do this later, jill loves pain as well, luna was here, my mango was here, pain :), pain trio, pls revive, revival ftw, rio is gr8, sravani also loves pain