Quantcast Your emotional venting thread. I'll explain. - Page 1483 - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home

Go Back   The Writer's Block > Outside Life > Free advice
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-11-2014, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvhamsters View Post
Thanks so much wow i'm sorry you had to go through that :C That sounds really tough, and i don't mind it being cliche X3 it actually gave me some hope for the future. It's just really hard to move on. When I get connected to someone I really get conncected v.v like....really X3 especially my friend who I really don't want to lose because she needs someone because she's been unstable lately and we've been friends for about 13 years and *sigh* but thank you so much!!! c: i have hope.

Right?!? What are you supposed to talk about e.o especially with strangers. "So....how's the weather?" no. It doesnmt worj *sigh*

Thank you so much v.v *hugs* you as well!
Sure!
You're welcome I'm glad you have some hope now ^_^ And if you ever need to talk or rant, I'm always here (:

No more dreaming like a girl, like a girl so in love...with the wrong world.

Snow White's stitching up the circuitboard...

inside of me.

-quote on dA
Old 06-11-2014, 01:05 PM

I just typed up a chapter of a new story and posted it to KP, and I already feel like it's hopeless to go any further. It reads awkwardly, the character is boring and the world is bland. I really want to write a story, but when every other sentence is crap I don't know what to do.
Old 06-11-2014, 01:10 PM

Location: en route to Mordor, punching my father, Voldemort, in the nose for not liking my Father's Day gift

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubloon View Post
I just typed up a chapter of a new story and posted it to KP, and I already feel like it's hopeless to go any further. It reads awkwardly, the character is boring and the world is bland. I really want to write a story, but when every other sentence is crap I don't know what to do.
Write more. Write twice as much as you would as if every sentence was good.
Old 06-11-2014, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.S.Trendom View Post
Write more. Write twice as much as you would as if every sentence was good.
Fine then, I'll write it myself!
(Oh yeah, I really have to write it myself, don't I?)

Thanks, it is really good advice that's easy to forget. When you pour your heart and soul for 1500 words, and it's not immediately amazing, it's hard to convince yourself that it's worth it.

Also, it is called City of Fools, and the first chapter is called Wordless. I don't like begging, but KP is all I really have for constructive criticism. I'll get back to google drive.
Old 06-11-2014, 07:50 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to BookKitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by pluzzle View Post
cisgender isn't in the lgbt acronym?? o:

idk i got a rly bad grade (c+) today in science i'm not telling my parents i just wanna die??? like right now please?? like. dead
idk i should go back to the school counsellor but she was a little useless
yeah it is and it's dumb. now we are just making an acronym for every kind of people. the reason the acronym is there is to distinguish people from everyone else because they are different from the norm. i don't need to say "cisgender" so that people can tell that i'm not talking about a non-binary gender. i can just say "girl" or "boy" unless specified otherwise. nnrggh.

and c+ isn't that bad, i don't think. i wouldn't worry about it.
Old 06-11-2014, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BookKitty View Post
yeah it is and it's dumb. now we are just making an acronym for every kind of people. the reason the acronym is there is to distinguish people from everyone else because they are different from the norm. i don't need to say "cisgender" so that people can tell that i'm not talking about a non-binary gender. i can just say "girl" or "boy" unless specified otherwise. nnrggh.

and c+ isn't that bad, i don't think. i wouldn't worry about it.
lmao no cisgender is not in the lgbtq acronym. it's literally not. the lgbtq acronym is for QUEER people not for cishet ppl. the acronym isn't there to distingush you from the norm. what is the norm? do you mean the norm like cisnormativity/heteronormativity. do you mean that queer people aren't normal?? cisgender people aren't 'normal' and transgender people aren't 'abnormal'. they're just two different ways of being binary genders. it's just there for you to have a safe community in which you are included. (but can we talk about how i know so many lesbians/gays/bisexual people who will discriminate against trans and nonbinary people?). i don't even like using the lgbtq acronym or any variation of it anyway because it always excludes someone. and gsrm is made by a pedophile or someone so i regret using that. mogii is way better:Marginalized Orientations, Gender Identity, and Intersex.

and about new labels/acronym for every kind of person, we kind of need labels? like labels are there to help people. i understand it's kind of frustrating, but labels helped me a lot. whenever people say "we don't need a label for every kind of gender or sexuality" i'm hearing "i don't want to acknowledge that everyone is different, and sexualities exist out of the western society and i don't want to learn about different sexualities and gender."

sorry if this sounded a lil angry or if i misinterpreted your post.
if you didn't get it, cisgender isnt part of the lgbtq acronym, there is no 'normal', and labels are important.

Last edited by Lily09; 06-11-2014 at 08:15 PM.
Old 06-11-2014, 09:08 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to lvhamsters

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudwriter View Post
You're welcome I'm glad you have some hope now ^_^ And if you ever need to talk or rant, I'm always here (:
Thank you v.v and if you ever need to talk I'm here as well!!

When we were young we used to say

That you only hear the music when your hearts begin to break

Now we are the kids from yesterday
Old 06-11-2014, 09:13 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to BookKitty
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lily09 View Post
lmao no cisgender is not in the lgbtq acronym. it's literally not. the lgbtq acronym is for QUEER people not for cishet ppl. the acronym isn't there to distingush you from the norm. what is the norm? do you mean the norm like cisnormativity/heteronormativity. do you mean that queer people aren't normal?? cisgender people aren't 'normal' and transgender people aren't 'abnormal'. they're just two different ways of being binary genders. it's just there for you to have a safe community in which you are included. (but can we talk about how i know so many lesbians/gays/bisexual people who will discriminate against trans and nonbinary people?). i don't even like using the lgbtq acronym or any variation of it anyway because it always excludes someone. and gsrm is made by a pedophile or someone so i regret using that. mogii is way better:Marginalized Orientations, Gender Identity, and Intersex.

and about new labels/acronym for every kind of person, we kind of need labels? like labels are there to help people. i understand it's kind of frustrating, but labels helped me a lot. whenever people say "we don't need a label for every kind of gender or sexuality" i'm hearing "i don't want to acknowledge that everyone is different, and sexualities exist out of the western society and i don't want to learn about different sexualities and gender."

sorry if this sounded a lil angry or if i misinterpreted your post.
if you didn't get it, cisgender isnt part of the lgbtq acronym, there is no 'normal', and labels are important.
ok. i thought it was, because some people include it in the acronym. they must be wrong then. but i feel like there doesn't need to be a name for it, that was just my opinion, OK? and i never said queer people weren't normal. i'm queer, and i'm not normal. what i meant was heteronormativity and "cisnormativity" or whatever you called it. sorry if i offended you, but you didn't need to get so defensive, all right? i'm on your team. i am a non-binary gender too, though i do not know what it is yet.

and.. labels are helpful. not important. labels do not define who you are as a person. they can, however, help you to meet other people, come to terms with yourself, and much more. but they aren't necessary. i struggle with this myself because i want to know who i am, i want to have a label so that i can identify with other people like me. but i need to realize, and i think so do you and many other people, that they aren't something that you should worry about all the time. you are so much more.
Old 06-11-2014, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BookKitty View Post
ok. i thought it was, because some people include it in the acronym. they must be wrong then. but i feel like there doesn't need to be a name for it, that was just my opinion, OK? and i never said queer people weren't normal. i'm queer, and i'm not normal. what i meant was heteronormativity and "cisnormativity" or whatever you called it. sorry if i offended you, but you didn't need to get so defensive, all right? i'm on your team. i am a non-binary gender too, though i do not know what it is yet.

and.. labels are helpful. not important. labels do not define who you are as a person. they can, however, help you to meet other people, come to terms with yourself, and much more. but they aren't necessary. i struggle with this myself because i want to know who i am, i want to have a label so that i can identify with other people like me. but i need to realize, and i think so do you and many other people, that they aren't something that you should worry about all the time. you are so much more.
i kind of think we do need to have the term cisgender, because if there wasn't it would seem like being transgender is abnormal. like if there wasn't the term cisgender, what would you call those people? 'normal'? i feel like calling cis ppl normal is harmful to trans ppl. i know that's your opinion though so ok. and yeah heteronormativity and cisnormativity can be harmful to the queer community. sorry if i sounded angry or something, i just get passionate abt this topic a lot.

labels are helpful, but they can also be important. they're certainly not important to everyone but they can be to some. and right, my label isn't something that i should have to worry about all the time, but it is something i identify with strongly and am proud of.

Last edited by Lily09; 06-11-2014 at 09:34 PM.
Old 06-11-2014, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lily09 View Post
i kind of think we do need to have the term cisgender, because if there wasn't it would seem like being transgender is abnormal. like if there wasn't the term cisgender, what would you call those people? 'normal'?
Kind of like how there's no term for non-virgins. You're right, the lack of labels shows something about a culture.

Tags
♥lifepleaseguys:'), afraid to keep on living, bettertoburnoutthanfade, black n hopeless feeling, do what?, do you ever wonder?, face the north, i give up; okay?, i love u its gon b ok, i'm already dead inside, i'm so sorry, i'm there for you :), ignored as usual, ihopethebunnycheersuup:), just pray :), kayla was here, o_o this is insane, smexy elmo, someone's bitter, tags y u so weird?, takesometimetofeelbetter, theblackisclosingin, they're following me...:(, we got this!, you are not alone