Quantcast Organization and Discussion for Gateway NES - Page 18 - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home

Go Back   The Writer's Block > Writing > Never Ending Stories
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #171  
Old 08-03-2017, 05:22 PM
Zelda Zelda is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: spaceship
Posts: 975
Default

lol I found an old record of the NES on the wiki. I think it's the dreamweavers arc, and it's? a mess.

I laughed, but then I found my own post near the bottom and cringed.

also I don't remember my username ever being 'sonja', I thought I was always Zelda back then?? idk maybe I got tired of ripping off a video game xD
__________________
Little boy inside my chest
Breathe some life into my bones
I've been lost and wandering
Down and out and missing home


(So beat a little louder now
I can't hear you anymore)
-Barns Courntey
Reply With Quote
  #172  
Old 08-03-2017, 05:23 PM
SilverMoon SilverMoon is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: the feds will never find me
Posts: 11,035
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelda View Post
lol I found an old record of the NES on the wiki. I think it's the dreamweavers arc, and it's? a mess.

I laughed, but then I found my own post near the bottom and cringed.

also I don't remember my username ever being 'sonja', I thought I was always Zelda back then?? idk maybe I got tired of ripping off a video game xD
LOL I forgot I put that there I GOTTA go read it
__________________
trails of f i r e
you always knew
they would carry me home
they'd lead me to y o u
Reply With Quote
  #173  
Old 08-03-2017, 05:29 PM
Zelda Zelda is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: spaceship
Posts: 975
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverMoon View Post
LOL I forgot I put that there I GOTTA go read it
please disregard the second-to-last post. the cringe is too hard to handle.
__________________
Little boy inside my chest
Breathe some life into my bones
I've been lost and wandering
Down and out and missing home


(So beat a little louder now
I can't hear you anymore)
-Barns Courntey
Reply With Quote
  #174  
Old 08-03-2017, 05:33 PM
FrostBittenKitten FrostBittenKitten is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: somewhere in the milky way galaxy...maybe
Posts: 3,693
Default

lol I've gone back through that and it's hilarious bc it is a mess and I cringe at my posts too
__________________
on the outside always looking in

will i ever be more than i've always been

tap, tap, tapping on the glass

Waving through a window
Reply With Quote
  #175  
Old 08-03-2017, 06:17 PM
Zelda Zelda is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: spaceship
Posts: 975
Default

@Luna lol cringe twins!

//

Look at this shit:
Name: Rayalis Reynolds <-- She had a last name?! I spent like, a year thinking I never gave her one. It's Ravaia now btw.
Age: 15 <-- lol that changed too.
Hair: long, wild, many different shades of blue ranging from sky to navy
Eyes: deep shadowy purple
Skin: very pale; as in never been in the sun pale. <-- I probably should have explained that all better.
Other: mostly a nomad, and the rest you can find out later <-- 'mostly' means 'entirely'. I wish youngling me hadn't tried so hard to make this charrie mysterious, because it honestly would have made the intro 10x better if I had explained that she was from an alternate dimension with no sun, where everyone's hair and eyes were weird colors, and that she was a blacksmith's daughter who's family got executed by the dictatorship government. And like?? a personality? would have been nice ~

at least that record doesn't have the next few paragraphs I posted =w= I remember very clearly that Raya woke, hid behind a couch, and proceed to freak out. Then later was randomly in the shadow-dimension-thing somehow idk how b/c I paid zero attention to what everyone else was doing, and I wrote a massive paragraph about her getting a flashback of her family's death as a result of being in the shadows.
__________________
Little boy inside my chest
Breathe some life into my bones
I've been lost and wandering
Down and out and missing home


(So beat a little louder now
I can't hear you anymore)
-Barns Courntey
Reply With Quote
  #176  
Old 08-04-2017, 12:32 PM
SuperJ SuperJ is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Wherever the wind blows
Posts: 197
Default

Speaking of the wiki, I just came across a problem guys.

I think due to the inactivity of the Gateway NES, random people have just decided to post whatever…leading to important paragraphs being pushed off the screen. Since the wiki has also been inactive, we lost those paragraphs permanently and there was no backlog of it on the wiki.

*panics* THERE ISN'T A WAY TO LOOK BACK ON WHAT WE WROTE. THE WIKI WON'T MAKE SENSE NOW!!?!?!!


Without the NES I lose purpose on KP….
__________________
Write Stories. Create Memories
Reply With Quote
  #177  
Old 08-04-2017, 12:47 PM
FrostBittenKitten FrostBittenKitten is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: somewhere in the milky way galaxy...maybe
Posts: 3,693
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperJ View Post
Speaking of the wiki, I just came across a problem guys.

I think due to the inactivity of the Gateway NES, random people have just decided to post whatever…leading to important paragraphs being pushed off the screen. Since the wiki has also been inactive, we lost those paragraphs permanently and there was no backlog of it on the wiki.

*panics* THERE ISN'T A WAY TO LOOK BACK ON WHAT WE WROTE. THE WIKI WON'T MAKE SENSE NOW!!?!?!!


Without the NES I lose purpose on KP….
I don't know what to do...
__________________
on the outside always looking in

will i ever be more than i've always been

tap, tap, tapping on the glass

Waving through a window
Reply With Quote
  #178  
Old 08-04-2017, 12:49 PM
Zelda Zelda is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: spaceship
Posts: 975
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperJ View Post
Speaking of the wiki, I just came across a problem guys.

I think due to the inactivity of the Gateway NES, random people have just decided to post whatever…leading to important paragraphs being pushed off the screen. Since the wiki has also been inactive, we lost those paragraphs permanently and there was no backlog of it on the wiki.

*panics* THERE ISN'T A WAY TO LOOK BACK ON WHAT WE WROTE. THE WIKI WON'T MAKE SENSE NOW!!?!?!!


Without the NES I lose purpose on KP….
oh yeah, I noticed that too.

there's always a chance of that happening, and I don't think we should worry too much about it. I mean, the wiki is never going to be perfect. It's there as foundational support for the NES, it doesn't have to make absolute sense, it just has to give us enough information that we can keep the story going in a logical continuum.

If a few paragraphs are missing, we can just add a little note to say that they are, and continue on.

p.s. I hereby give you the purpose of recruiting people for the Houses, the Mentorship Program, and KP in general.
__________________
Little boy inside my chest
Breathe some life into my bones
I've been lost and wandering
Down and out and missing home


(So beat a little louder now
I can't hear you anymore)
-Barns Courntey
Reply With Quote
  #179  
Old 08-04-2017, 12:52 PM
SuperJ SuperJ is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Wherever the wind blows
Posts: 197
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelda View Post
oh yeah, I noticed that too.

there's always a chance of that happening, and I don't think we should worry too much about it. I mean, the wiki is never going to be perfect. It's there as foundational support for the NES, it doesn't have to make absolute sense, it just has to give us enough information that we can keep the story going in a logical continuum.

If a few paragraphs are missing, we can just add a little note to say that they are, and continue on.

p.s. I hereby give you the purpose of recruiting people for the Houses, the Mentorship Program, and KP in general.
I guess you're right. No need to lose sleep over it XD.
And aw thanks! That's nice of you mate. That Mentorship Program is coming together nicely btw.
__________________
Write Stories. Create Memories
Reply With Quote
  #180  
Old 08-04-2017, 12:57 PM
Zelda Zelda is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: spaceship
Posts: 975
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperJ View Post
I guess you're right. No need to lose sleep over it XD.
And aw thanks! That's nice of you mate. That Mentorship Program is coming together nicely btw.
*tips le hat*
why thank you~
(no but seriously go recruit people TuT)
__________________
Little boy inside my chest
Breathe some life into my bones
I've been lost and wandering
Down and out and missing home


(So beat a little louder now
I can't hear you anymore)
-Barns Courntey
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
justin was here too, luna was here, nes, poliwog, sy was here ;), what is my life

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:49 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.