Quantcast Arthurian NES - Page 3 - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home
Old 03-09-2010, 07:53 PM

"Woah there." Victor said gruffly. She lightly pushed him back down. "You've had a rough day, lad. Rest for a while." Victor studied the boy. She thought she recognized him from somewhere. He was a handsome lad, that's for sure, but it looked as if he had a dark past, perhaps his family. She pushed it out of her mind, it was none of her business.
She knelt down next to him, still in full armor. "Please excuse the armor. I have a ghastly face, and I'm sure you'd rather wake up to a knight in armor than an ugly face, eh?" she laughed heartily, like a man. Victor had long ago mastered how to speak like a man. She never spoke like she used to anymore. Actually, she rarely spoke at all.
"I am Sir DuPonte," she said, "Knight of the Round Table. If you are up to it, may I know your name?" she asked.
"Days turned into weeks, weeks turned into months. And then, one not-so-very special day, I went to my typewriter, I sat down, and I wrote our story. A story about a time, a story about a place, a story about the people. But above all things, a story about love. A love that will live forever. The End." ~Moulin Rouge

R.C. + H.M. + D.R. Forever!!!!
The game.
Old 03-09-2010, 07:59 PM

"Mordred...." The word escaped my mouth before thinking about it. Mother would kill me. I felt panic register on my face and it took me a bit to contol it. Oh to be blessed with the art of liars... I did have the presence of mind to add "Sir" to the end of my sentence. Not that adressing someone properly would really matter at that point, unless, of course, mother hadn't been watching...
Old 03-09-2010, 08:12 PM

Victor nodded. She saw the lad look panicked once he said it.
"Don't worry, Mordred. I won't tell anyone." here she lowered her voice, "To be honest, I usually don't talk at all, but I like you, lad. You're a good worker, and I reckon a great fighter too!" She smiled, and then realized the lad could not see it.
"Just....rest until you feel up to it....Mordred." she said, adding the last part a little hesitantly.
"Days turned into weeks, weeks turned into months. And then, one not-so-very special day, I went to my typewriter, I sat down, and I wrote our story. A story about a time, a story about a place, a story about the people. But above all things, a story about love. A love that will live forever. The End." ~Moulin Rouge

The game.
Old 03-09-2010, 08:28 PM

Truthful faces must be the ultimate curse put on children who are especially ill fated. The man, Sir DuPonte, seemed kind enough, but I was not raised to trust kind faces. Far from it. My mind immideately looked for any possible motivations he might have for not pressing me for my reason for wishing to conceal my name. He could be in the employment of my mother. The thought made me shudder. But there were worse things. He could already know... It occured to me that his voice sounded different, almost familiar, but I knocked that thought aside. He was wearing a helmet for heaven's sake, that thing'd make anyone sound odd.
I realized then that he was still watching me, possibly alarmed by my seemingly random shuddering. Great, probably thought I was crazy now... Just what I needed...
"Thank you, sir. I think I will, take a rest I mean..." I managed. Pathetic, but it was something...
Old 03-09-2010, 08:35 PM

Send a message via AIM to Shayok

Name: Astus
Appearance: Silver hair but young, thin mustache, blue robe
Personality: Cunning, sarcastic, intelligent, cold, has seen many dark things
Abilities: Brilliant politician, can persuade many, good sword fighter
History: One of Arthur's knights, but not as much of a fighter as a strategist. Does not know if he is completely loyal to Arthur as of now.
-Basho Matsuo, Japanese haiku poet
Old 03-09-2010, 08:38 PM

*Shayok, isn't that the same name as your character in Midevil NES?*
Victor nodded, again.
"Are you cold?" she asked, noticing him shudder.
"Never mind, you're probably just exhausted. You are in the small hallway that branches to the east wing. Just go that way to the grand hall," she said, pointing to the left. She stood up and left him by himself. On her way to the grand hall she turned and called back, "If you ever need anything, just ask for Sir DuPonte."
With that, she walked away thinking, What an odd lad. I've never seen someone get that tired.

The game.
Old 03-09-2010, 08:38 PM

Send a message via AIM to Shayok

Astus saw Mordred, and started to walk after him.
-Basho Matsuo, Japanese haiku poet
Old 03-09-2010, 08:55 PM

*lol, odd lad.... I like it (Yah, I'm random )*

I walked down the hall as instructed, frustrated by the fact that I actually wasn't that tired, but I was quite disoriented and had to actually put some concentration into walking.
I heard footsteps behind me and nearly turned, but I stopped myself, remembering that I was in a castle. Here, other living human beings walking around was probably a common occurance. I shouldn't seem so suspicious...
Old 03-09-2010, 09:01 PM

Location: Stalking in the silence; listening to your tortured dreams.

Would the world die if I asked if I could be Merlin? That's the only character I know somewhat about....

We lie best when we lie to ourselves. ~ It; Stephen King.
Old 03-09-2010, 09:03 PM

*Go ahead! I may need you soon.*
Victor walked out into the fresh air and made her way over to Sir Gwain.
"The boy's fine." she said in a calm voice when he was in earshot, "Good thing you didn't work 'im to death."
Sir Gwain laughed, "Well isn't that what they are for?"
Victor glared, "No, they're not. Unlike you, I do not stoop to levels so low as to disrespect life, Sir Gwain. So I suggest you lighten up a little on your servants, as you so rudely call them, or King Arthur will hear about it."
Sir Gwain paled, "Of course, Sir DuPonte."
Victor stomped away. She couldn't believe the attitude of the knights these days. She headed back inside. She wanted to look up something in the library.

The game.