Quantcast Oo look at that a Camp-Half-Blood NES - Page 6 - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home

Go Back   The Writer's Block > Writing > Never Ending Stories
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-24-2019, 04:08 PM

I did an art of the campfire song with our kids!! I was on a plane for like 6 hours this weekend and this is what I did with it. At least one of each of our characters are there, you can just imagine it's a circle and your other characters are on the other side of the campfire we can't see.

https://sta.sh/01hweaqk17ba

Left to right: Stella, Ami, Pastel, Jake, Owen, Alexander, Emmerich, Lucca

Last edited by SilverMoon; 06-24-2019 at 05:50 PM.
Old 06-24-2019, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverMoon View Post
Still, you should post it on the main site!
No, it's actually kinda blowover writing with literally no editing job, and perspective changes with fonts. and i definitely checked, only 2 or 3 fonts loaded in.

if you want, I can send you a link to the document, I'll just have to copy and paste the story onto a different account

(just a warning this writing is really bad, and i'm not saying my friend is bad at writing i'm saying we both just really would rather get out ideas down, and are too lazy to go back and organize it. it's actually a really fun way to write with friends because you can pop back on to the document and since there's literally no planning you never know what's gonna happen next)
Old 06-24-2019, 05:38 PM

Quote:
I did an art of the campfire song with our kids!! I was on a plane for like 6 hours this weekend and this is what I did with it. At least one of each of our characters are there, you can just imagine it's a circle and your other characters are on the other side of the campfire we can't see.

ohmygod pastel looks aMAZING
you're really good
Old 06-24-2019, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werty View Post
ohmygod pastel looks aMAZING
you're really good
Thank you! I'm glad you like it. It's a little 'softer' than my usual style so it was a bit of an experiment!
Old 06-24-2019, 10:50 PM

Quote:

Left to right: Stella, Ami, Pastel, Jake, Owen, Alexander, Emmerich, Lucca
ahhh I love it!! :D

will i ever be more than i've always been

tap, tap, tapping on the glass

Waving through a window
Old 06-25-2019, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrostBittenKitten View Post
ahhh I love it!!
Thanks! Personally my favorite part is Lucca not giving a shit on the far right

Iím working on a Sťraphine sketch page to go with her form! No idea when it will be done though
Old 06-25-2019, 04:37 PM

I'm singing along to another terrible day but I can't bring myself to say that I hate camp half-blood so i just mumble along
Old 07-02-2019, 01:13 PM

Quote:
I'm singing along to another terrible day but I can't bring myself to say that I hate camp half-blood so i just mumble along
just pretend its the name of your school lol
Old 07-02-2019, 04:58 PM

so, i've got this idea where there's kinda this character i want to make. he's not that important to the plot but he's got his own thing going on. here's my outline for him.

-on his way to find where he actually belongs in the mytho world, he's dealt with at least four other pantheons. more specifically, egyptian, norse, chinese and aztec. not nesiccarily in that order. at first he's skeptical to believe he's greek after all his travels and being brought in and then unceremoniously thrown out multiple times because he didn't belong.
-he has NOT met the romans. fascinated by the idea, actually.
-son of hermes, god of travel and mischief (oh hello there jesse you have a brother)
-does get into trouble but obtains a lot of hermes' more productive traits, and is usually helpful when he's not spewing out random trivia.
-chiron knows about him and his travels with other pantheons, but nobody else knows (except possibly his cabin mates? because i can see the guuy telling them all sorts of stories about it?)
-he is NOT all powerful because of this stuff. don't ask me how but he has a greek sword, with various multi-mythological enchantments that are USELESS on greek monsters, so they don't make it all too special. so none of the stuff he knows from other pantheons is really gonna matter in facing a greek monster, besides the fact that he knows how to fight in the epic hybrid style.

riordan has confirmed that all pantheons exist, and i decided to make a character based off of that. any other ideas to throw in there, or name ideas, let me know.
his existence is cool for the people that know about it but he won't effect the plot all too much, because we're fighting Tartarus, an all powerful Greek being. So besides his agile moves and impressive fighting skills, he's got little going for him.
(oh, besides he can mangle about 4 diifferent languages. and read hieroglyphics, which are a lot eaiser on dyslexia. and- you know what, forget it. i won't go on.)
Old 07-03-2019, 05:58 PM

Quote:
so, i've got this idea where there's kinda this character i want to make. he's not that important to the plot but he's got his own thing going on. here's my outline for him.

-on his way to find where he actually belongs in the mytho world, he's dealt with at least four other pantheons. more specifically, egyptian, norse, chinese and aztec. not nesiccarily in that order. at first he's skeptical to believe he's greek after all his travels and being brought in and then unceremoniously thrown out multiple times because he didn't belong.
-he has NOT met the romans. fascinated by the idea, actually.
-son of hermes, god of travel and mischief (oh hello there jesse you have a brother)
-does get into trouble but obtains a lot of hermes' more productive traits, and is usually helpful when he's not spewing out random trivia.
-chiron knows about him and his travels with other pantheons, but nobody else knows (except possibly his cabin mates? because i can see the guuy telling them all sorts of stories about it?)
-he is NOT all powerful because of this stuff. don't ask me how but he has a greek sword, with various multi-mythological enchantments that are USELESS on greek monsters, so they don't make it all too special. so none of the stuff he knows from other pantheons is really gonna matter in facing a greek monster, besides the fact that he knows how to fight in the epic hybrid style.

riordan has confirmed that all pantheons exist, and i decided to make a character based off of that. any other ideas to throw in there, or name ideas, let me know.
his existence is cool for the people that know about it but he won't effect the plot all too much, because we're fighting Tartarus, an all powerful Greek being. So besides his agile moves and impressive fighting skills, he's got little going for him.
(oh, besides he can mangle about 4 diifferent languages. and read hieroglyphics, which are a lot eaiser on dyslexia. and- you know what, forget it. i won't go on.)
Iím a bit skeptical because Iím not sure I want to bring the other pantheons into the story because it opens up new avenues like... if we brought it in, it would seem strange if we werenít leading up to this huge inter-mythos conflict, right? I know canonically all the mythos exist, but I think thereís a reason they largely donít interact, and that if they do the natural conclusion is some big team up or war, like when the Romans were first brought in. Itíd be like if Rick brought in Jason but then never really explained the Romans or had them play a significant part in the story. Iím not sure though, this is just my opinion. I just think that sort of involvement will pull the plot in an unplanned direction thatís not what weíre looking for right now. Itís unfortunate to say because I think this is a really cool idea, but one that doesnít really mingle with the NES well... also, if he knew other mythos and such were available but didnít try to reach out to anyone for help, itíd be kind of weird? Again, this is just my opinion... but I think he has a really cool story for like a future NES or fanfiction. I think itíd be too much to bring into THIS story without using, basically, but could be really cool in the future or an alternate universe...

Tags
hoo, i am stupid, kayla was here, pjo