Quantcast Please. I'm begging. Don't read this. No joke. - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home

Go Back   The Writer's Block > Outside Life > Randomize
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-09-2011, 08:18 PM

Default Please. I'm begging. Don't read this. No joke.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE! Do NOT post ANYTHING on this thread, and do NOT read it! D:

If there is one thing I beg of you, it is that you don't read it! One thing. Please. Don't read, don't comment. I know you COULD read it and not mention it but I would seriously be really disappointed because I'm saying right now that this was going to be over email but it won't work out. This is a private conversation.

Don't. Read. It. Don't. Comment. On. It.

That is what I expect of you: the follow those requests.

Please. This will be open to the public LATER. Be patient. Please. Please.

Those who can read and comment, you know who you are and have been notified. So everyone else will see new posts here, but that does not me a free-for-all. Got it?

Thank you in advance.
"Oh! Somebody ought to take society by the four corners of the sheet and toss it all into the air! Everything would be broken, most likely, but at least nobody would have anything, there'd be that much gained!" - Les MisÚrables
Old 07-09-2011, 08:23 PM

Default Intro

Okay. If you are reading this and are not supposed to, please leave this thread. Thanks.

Ash. Leloo. [nods] I was reading an interview with Stephenie Meyer and another author and it was incredible to see how they interacted. They discussed their books, popularity, writing techniques, things they strggle with, characters, inspiration, all of it. As a writer, I have been wanting to do that ever since. So here we are. A three-way interview. It won't be classic, fill in the blank. This will be a conversation starting with questions and letting it flow. But I would like to make a request: make it professional :3 This will be posted on the NSP when we're done. And this thread will be deleted. I'll start us off with another post, but I just need to know your initials first. I'm HN, Leloo is AV, and Ash...? Initials just look good :3

Okay. Let's have fun!
"Oh! Somebody ought to take society by the four corners of the sheet and toss it all into the air! Everything would be broken, most likely, but at least nobody would have anything, there'd be that much gained!" - Les MisÚrables
Old 07-09-2011, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfWriter View Post
Ash. Leloo. [nods] I was reading an interview with Stephenie Meyer and another author and it was incredible to see how they interacted. They discussed their books, popularity, writing techniques, things they struggle with, characters, inspiration, all of it. As a writer, I have been wanting to do that ever since. So here we are. A three-way interview. It won't be classic, fill in the blank. This will be a conversation starting with questions and letting it flow. But I would like to make a request: make it professional :3 This will be posted on the NSP when we're done. And this thread will be deleted. I'll start us off with another post, but I just need to know your initials first. I'm HN, Leloo is AV, and Ash...? Initials just look good :3

Okay. Let's have fun!
O.O AMAZING IDEA!!! (First question...I'm stupid, what does HN stand for? >_< Sorry.)

My initials (or my pen name's initials) Are AJ.
Old 07-09-2011, 08:30 PM

Default On Inspirations

Greetings! As many of us are aware, writing is not for everyone. But reading is. Every book has it's audience, people who will love it and people who will hate it. We just have to accept that as authors. But we get so many questions. I've read interviews with various writers, and there always seems to be one reoccurring question: How do you come up with these ideas?

Wow. That's hard to answer because we all walk by so many stories each day, just begging to be put on paper. And once we select one, it is the author's job to make it the best it can be and to keep pushing on. At first, I'm on fire for the book, but after a while, I struggle for inspiration. I find mine in music and scenery, and in the way people act around me. That couple at the grocery store. That accident on the news. My mind starts to reel and it's all I can think about. Then I sit down and write.

Everyone has different techniques, though, so I'm curious about your thoughts.
Old 07-09-2011, 08:31 PM

Thumbs up *thumbs up*

Sounds cool. Umm... how shall we start this?
Old 07-09-2011, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Greetings! As many of us are aware, writing is not for everyone. But reading is. Every book has it's audience, people who will love it and people who will hate it. We just have to accept that as authors. But we get so many questions. I've read interviews with various writers, and there always seems to be one reoccurring question: How do you come up with these ideas?

Wow. That's hard to answer because we all walk by so many stories each day, just begging to be put on paper. And once we select one, it is the author's job to make it the best it can be and to keep pushing on. At first, I'm on fire for the book, but after a while, I struggle for inspiration. I find mine in music and scenery, and in the way people act around me. That couple at the grocery store. That accident on the news. My mind starts to reel and it's all I can think about. Then I sit down and write.

For me, I find the inspiration for stories in more than just music and scenery. I see stories in all the people I meet. Each person has their own tale to tell...and adding a little fantasy to it can sometimes make the base of an interesting storyline.
Old 07-09-2011, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leloo View Post
Sounds cool. Umm... how shall we start this?
[[XD I have no idea. I just replied to WW's last post. :^P]]
Old 07-09-2011, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAshWolf View Post
For me, I find the inspiration for stories in more than just music and scenery. I see stories in all the people I meet. Each person has their own tale to tell...and adding a little fantasy to it can sometimes help make the base of an interesting storyline.
Yeah, dreams for me, too. Or even other stories. I would read a book and wonder about a character and what would happen if so and so happened instead. I remake that character and it's like an instant plotline. Going to new places around the world or country are also great, because my imagination almost makes me see things. And then I build on that, you know?
Old 07-09-2011, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Yeah, dreams for me, too. Or even other stories. I would read a book and wonder about a character and what would happen if so and so happened instead. I remake that character and it's like an instant plotline. Going to new places around the world or country are also great, because my imagination almost makes me see things. And then I build on that, you know?
I see what you're saying completely. Especially with my imagination. The last time I went camping, I just felt like so many different stories could take place in that forest...what with the perfect weather, the abundance of animals, the peaceful sounds of nature itself...it was hard not to fill my camping journal with the countless numbers of plot ideas I was picturing.
Old 07-09-2011, 08:44 PM

Quote:

Oh, wow. Um... Inspiration. It just kinda comes to me. I only write stories about wolves because it's my specialty, and my passion. But when you've got a good story going, it's all you think about, all you daydream about. When you have to sit down and organize your story ideas on paper, chances are, you'll end up writing NONE of those stories. A new one will come along when inspiration strikes--and that's the one you've been looking for all along.

Inspiration is a huge thing in writing. Time to open your eyes. It's all about experience and imagination working together to create new ideas. Take things you've seen, done, worked with, and make it into something completely unique and spectacular. That's the key to a brilliant idea.