Quantcast Magic-Crafter NES - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home

Go Back   The Writer's Block > Writing > Never Ending Stories
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-29-2012, 09:49 PM

Default Magic-Crafter NES

This is an NES based off of a series I am writing and am hoping to publish called the Magic-Crafter Trilogy. I'll explain it:

This NES takes place in the land of Ceallohaer. There are many different races, which you can create. Most beings are of one ability group (which of course means that they have one ability), and is on a rank of control of that ability. There are nine ability groups, and you can belong to only one. You can specialize in one or two areas of your ability. And each being in an ability group is a Magic-Crafter. However, there are certain beings, which can be of any race, called Absques, independent ones, who belong to no group, and do not have any specified ability.

Ability groups/Abilities:

Seers- the future
Wizards- alchemy, elements
Alchemists- potions
Magicians- elements
Sorcerers- dark magicians
Mages- mind magic
Warlocks- war and elements
Shamen- nature and spirits
Necromancers- the dead

Regions of Ceallohaer:

Serpent Beach
Coastal Cliffs
Western Tidal Pools
Wavecrest Dunes
Misty Plains
Barren Deserts
Great Basin
Cape Cognition
Frozen Marsh
Flame Fjords
Border Hills
Cascade Forest
Southern Caves
Foothills
Dagger Mountains
Shrub Desert
Glass Ridge
Ellipse Lake
Shadow Jungle
Speartip Tundra

Wow, a lot of regions. If descriptions are wanted on a region, I will give them, but I don't want to write all of them right now.

Okay, I suppose that's it, except... Character forms!

Using my character as an example:

Name: Finley Emii-endi
Race: Ensis-argenteo (a human-like race that breathes nitrogen and is much more lithe and attuned than most humans)
Appearance: dark brown hair, tan skin, freckles, solid amber eyes, like most of her race, short and stocky. Strong and muscled, but doesn't look it.
Personality: serious and mature, dark and pessimistic, is what most people would consider "evil", like most of her race. Really, is on her own side.
Weapons: Bronze bow and arrows, leaf shaped dagger
Ability/Ability Group: Mage
Lives in (Region): the Shadow Jungle, settlement called Bengal
Family/History: Has two younger brothers, 13 and 11. Her parents are very proud of her and love her very much, but are not overprotective and don't spoil her at all. Mostly, they leave her to her own devices.
Anything else: Really fast, and can go around unnoticed extremely well.

Please join!

ryo asuka
Old 05-29-2012, 10:12 PM

Awesomely epykal.

Name: Zuli Xaman
Race: Maulwurf (they live underground, and barely ever leave. There's an underground river, so dehydration isn't a worry. Their diet is based on small moles and roots, so they tend to be very thin.)
Appearance: Pale skin (like most Maulwurf), black, wiry hair, abnormally short, and pale gray eyes.
Personality: A bit simple-minded. Curious, which gets her into trouble. Most think she cannot talk, but she is just an introvert. Standoffish.
Weapons: She has learned in her studies with the monks how to blend in. Not necessarily turn invisible, but carry herself in a way that people will not see her.
Ability/Ability Group: Shaman
Lives in (Region): Border Hills
Family/History: Only child. Usually takes care of herself, as most Maulwurf children do.
Anything else:
"Writing is a form of therapy; sometimes I wonder how all those who do not write, compose, or paint can manage to escape the madness, melancholia, the panic and fear which is inherent in a human situation."
Old 05-29-2012, 11:27 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to TheMoonWakedWolf

I concur. 8D

Name: Caelo (KAY-low) Elle (L)
Race: Hajke -- a humanoid race, except with longer legs and longer fingers/toes. Built especially for running, climbing -- anything agility. Oh, yeah, and when their emotions begin to go a bit out of control, the tips of their fingers go either red, (if they're male), or blue, (if they're female).
Appearance: Short, naturally stick-almost-straight-up dirty blonde hair. Dark blue eyes. Not-tan-yet-not-pale, scarred skin.
Personality:
Weapons:
Ability/Ability Group:
Lives in (Region): the Shadow Jungle, settlement called Bengal
Family/History:
Anything else:

I finish the rest later. :3
Old 05-30-2012, 06:36 PM

Does anyone else want to join?

ryo asuka
Old 05-30-2012, 10:24 PM

Location: Tulsa with the gang, hanging out at the Admiral and rumbling with the south side socs.

Name:Callista Ocene
Race: Siren/Mermaid (Kinda obvious..)
Appearance: When touches water forms a long silvery blue tail, Long waist length thick light blue hair, Creamy skin, light blue eyes framed with think long lashes, Average weight, long legs (When she has them)
Personality: Bubbly, kind, independent, rash, hates when people tell her what to do, Sweet, doesn't like hurting people but will if she has to, tough, brave, curious, adventurous, dreamer, friendly
Weapons: Silver sword, enchanted so that it changes form when needed.
Ability/Ability Group: Magician
Lives in (Region): Elipse Lake
Family/History: Has an over protective older brother named Zak, and a 3 year old sister Misti, A strict overbearing mother, and a mysterious father.
Anything else: Is very curious about other races, and wants to know as much as she can.

Last edited by Jean; 05-30-2012 at 11:05 PM.
Old 05-30-2012, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean View Post
Name:Callista Ocene
Race: Siren/Mermaid (Kinda obvious..)
Appearance: When touches water forms a long silvery blue tail, Long waist length thick light blue hair, Creamy skin, light blue eyes framed with think long lashes, Average weight, long legs (When she has them)
Personality: Bubbly, kind, independent, rash, hates when people tell her what to do, Sweet, doesn't like hurting people but will if she has to, tough, brave, curious, adventurous, dreamer, friendly
Weapons: Silver sword, enchanted so that it changes form when needed.
Ability/Ability Group: Not quite sure, what do you think?
Lives in (Region): Elipse Lake
Family/History: Has an over protective older brother named Zak, and a 3 year old sister Misti, A strict overbearing mother, and a mysterious father.
Anything else: Is very curious about other races, and wants to know as much as she can.
Cool character! Ability/ Ability group: I'd say shaman or magician. If you're a magician I'd say to control water.

ryo asuka
Old 05-30-2012, 10:42 PM

Yes! Sounds epic.

Name: Aiofe (pronounced Ee-fah, for those who don't know) Cynwrig
Race: Elsiedd, a humanoid race with a muscle composition adapted to running on rough terrain and climbing high trees. Generally larger eyes with a tapedum (the shiny thing on the back of cat's/cow's/dog's/many animal's eyes) to see in the low light. Wow, I'm getting all exobiologist on you guys, sorry.
Appearance: Flaming red hair that's long and usually kept in a braid, large gray eyes with thick eyelashes, thin face, thin, lithe frame that can run faster than most creatures and scale tall object very quickly.
Personality: Kind and warm when she trusts you, but can appear very cold and aloof to most. Cruel to her enemies.
Weapons: Light, silver bow and arrow, small throwing knife. Can basically use the terrain to her advantage in a fight to the death.
Lives in (Region): The Cascade Forest (haha, I've actually been to a region called the Cascade forest [in the Cascade mountain range])
Family/History: Has an older brother and a younger sister, as well as two parents. The brother is bound to a female (essentially married, but it's more complicated than that) and lives with her family in the Dagger Mountains, as is the custom with bondages, and the sister is still at home. The Elsiedd leave home at the age of 14 through a coming of age ceremony called the Mael Sechnaill. She lives with her partner (ionadaithe) Reilly, who I will do a profile for later.
Anything else: Hm... if I think of something.
Old 05-30-2012, 10:51 PM

My character's ionadaithe (I'm enjoying these cool Gaelic words!):

Name: Reilly Tarlach (he's a boy)
Race: Elsiedd
Appearance: Long-ish dark hair, pale skin, dark eyes. Thin and wiry, very fast.
Personality: Almost the polar opposite of Aoife. Happy, warm, caring, fun-loving.
Weapons: Wooden bow and arrows tipped with poison.
Lives in (Region): The Cascade Forest
Family/History: Oldest of his family, 2 younger sisters who still live at home. His father died when he was around 7. Is the ionadaithe of Aoife.
Anything else: Nah, not much.
Old 05-30-2012, 11:05 PM

Location: Tulsa with the gang, hanging out at the Admiral and rumbling with the south side socs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverMoon View Post
Cool character! Ability/ Ability group: I'd say shaman or magician. If you're a magician I'd say to control water.
Thanks! I'll go with magician
Old 06-01-2012, 07:31 PM

Does anyone else want to enter, or should we just start?

ryo asuka

Tags
anyone gonna post? :(, awesomesauce, cool, magic-crafters..., mr potato will get you, salice spread the word, taggedles