Quantcast I want to be something...someone... - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home

Go Back   The Writer's Block > KidPub Stuff > KidPub Yearbook: 2008
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-16-2013, 09:55 PM

Location: Somewhere where sharks and gymnastics and filming combine into a good career and happy life...
Unhappy I want to be something...someone...

With all this KP yearbook stuff coming out, I feel so lost. Like, I've entered a signature, bio... but...
You know, I want to be something, someone. Even though I've been here FOREVER, I still feel like a hazy face in the crowd. Like, not even close to TheAshWolf or NightOwl, or all you other cool guys.
I wasn't nominated for anything. ^_^ I mean, I'm not even as CLOSE to as good as you guys, but.
I mean, if I tried. And I guess I do try. I mean, I try to try. And I think I do. But it's not really working out. I just feel like I've been overlooked.
So... I don't want sympathy. At all. That's not what I'm looking for.
I'm looking for, IDK, advice? How do I get myself nominated? I mean, I want to be out there, I want to be noticed, but I don't feel like that at all.
...help?
Old 01-16-2013, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonbeam View Post
With all this KP yearbook stuff coming out, I feel so lost. Like, I've entered a signature, bio... but...
You know, I want to be something, someone. Even though I've been here FOREVER, I still feel like a hazy face in the crowd. Like, not even close to TheAshWolf or NightOwl, or all you other cool guys.
I wasn't nominated for anything. ^_^ I mean, I'm not even as CLOSE to as good as you guys, but.
I mean, if I tried. And I guess I do try. I mean, I try to try. And I think I do. But it's not really working out. I just feel like I've been overlooked.
I'm looking for, IDK, advice? How do I get myself nominated? I mean, I want to be out there, I want to be noticed, but I don't feel like that at all.
...help?
Don't sweat about it, I feel like that too. There's just some people that stand out and some people that don't. It's kind of hard to get yourself known once you're a few years in, it's easier to get yourself known when you're new.
Old 01-16-2013, 10:24 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to lvhamsters

Quote:
...help?
I know what you mean :\
I think the best thing to do would be to enter tons of contests, comment on as many stories as you can, and have an awesome book, which you probably do ^^ I hope I helped XD

When we were young we used to say

That you only hear the music when your hearts begin to break

Now we are the kids from yesterday
Old 01-16-2013, 10:30 PM

Location: Somewhere where sharks and gymnastics and filming combine into a good career and happy life...

I'm trying... I just feel... yeah. IDK. -.-
Old 01-17-2013, 08:28 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to saphiremoon

Quote:
...help?
It's okay *pats* A lot of us feel like that, so I know where you're coming from. You actually took the thoughts from my head.

I agree with Ivhamsters– enter lots of things, comment, and go on the KidPub chat (I think it's called Author Notes). That's one of the reasons I left KidPub for a while, but don't worry about it– it might be hard, but eventually it will work. Don't lose hope, write lots, and don't be afraid to put yourself forwards. Maybe join some NESs? Be bold– be brave! I definitely know how you feel, because I feel the same, but try– more people know you thank you think, probably! I haven't talked to you very much, but I definitely know your name and like your writing. Just don't lose hope– and don't stop writing!
Old 01-19-2013, 08:01 PM

I know what that feels like.
I'm totally the same way, 'cause I've been here a while and still don't get noticed much, but I say 'No sweat!' ^_^ Keep on keepin' on and you'll get there if you really try. (:
I'm still workin' at it, and I know you can make it! ^_^
*because you're probably on KP more than I*
:3 Don't give up.
C'mon, Ferb!
We all ought to invite our friends to enjoy the beauty we dizcover in Life... Oops, I spelled discover with a Z ^_^'
GENERATION 8~ When you first see this, add one to the Generation and paste it on your sig as a sign of epicness. Social experiment!~
Old 02-09-2013, 05:11 PM

I don't know if I'm known or not. ^_^ Like, I don't know if I'm a well known member or a hazy face in the crowd. XD
Old 02-09-2013, 05:27 PM

Well, nobody knows me XD
but this is a writing website, right?
not like, a who's popular website.
As long as you keep writing, it won't matter!

Keep writing!
Old 02-09-2013, 05:50 PM

I know. XD
...But I want to know if I'm considered well known or not. ^_^
Old 02-09-2013, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverMoon View Post
I know. XD
...But I want to know if I'm considered well known or not. ^_^
Who are you on the sidebar?