Quantcast Who do you think is going to win the 2012 US Elections? - Page 6 - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home

Go Back   The Writer's Block > Outside Life > US Elections
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #51  
Old 09-06-2012, 06:39 PM
Stephiey Stephiey is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: TEXAS!! Howdy, y'all!
Posts: 608
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheezemziez View Post
Are the habibs harming others or restricting other peoples lives and opportunities? No they are not.
...... can no one get this?? Okay, I get it. People want abortions. But why would you force a company to give out abortions whenever it's against their religions?? There are tons of other hospitals that can kill all the babies they want!! Okay??


..... That sounded kind of mean.... but... yeah. It's true!
__________________
~Stephanie
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 09-06-2012, 06:58 PM
L.S.Trendom L.S.Trendom is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: en route to Mordor, punching my father, Voldemort, in the nose for not liking my Father's Day gift
Posts: 58,652
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephiey View Post
...... can no one get this?? Okay, I get it. People want abortions. But why would you force a company to give out abortions whenever it's against their religions?? There are tons of other hospitals that can kill all the babies they want!! Okay??


..... That sounded kind of mean.... but... yeah. It's true!
I don't think companies should have religions: that can easily sort of oppress the workers, if they're of a different religion.
But what if there are no other hospitals in the area? What if the woman can't get to any of the other hospitals?
Or, what if there was a hospital run by Jehovah's Witnesses, and someone needs a blood transfusion or they'll die. It's the only hospital close enough, the only one that can be reached in time. Because blood transfusions are against their religion, should the hospital refuse to give a blood transfusion and let the person die?
(I apologise if that's bad/incorrect, it's off the top of my head… And my other example involved the Flying Spaghetti Monster, so this was the only option. )
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 09-06-2012, 07:28 PM
Stephiey Stephiey is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: TEXAS!! Howdy, y'all!
Posts: 608
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.S.Trendom View Post
I don't think companies should have religions: that can easily sort of oppress the workers, if they're of a different religion.
But what if there are no other hospitals in the area? What if the woman can't get to any of the other hospitals?
Or, what if there was a hospital run by Jehovah's Witnesses, and someone needs a blood transfusion or they'll die. It's the only hospital close enough, the only one that can be reached in time. Because blood transfusions are against their religion, should the hospital refuse to give a blood transfusion and let the person die?
(I apologise if that's bad/incorrect, it's off the top of my head… And my other example involved the Flying Spaghetti Monster, so this was the only option. )

There will probably be a hospital in that area, plus there's a lot of websites on the Internet that can get help for a woman who wants to get an abortion. Well... I don't really knows anything about Jehovah's Witnesses, so I can't really say anything about that.
__________________
~Stephanie
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 09-06-2012, 08:36 PM
sigfig sigfig is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 2,220
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephiey View Post

I'm not talking about churches, I'm talking about Catholic hospitals and insurance agencies! Gosh, why is this so infuriating??? I know that you probably don't understand since you're an atheist, but this is against our FRICKIN' RELIGION! It's like asking muslim girls to take off their habibs!! It's like going against one of the American laws. Doesn't that make any sense to you???
The fact that they aren't churches only detracts from your argument. A hospital or insurance company cannot hide behind an ideoloogy to avoid paying for healthcare.

It's not like asking muslim girls to take off their hijabs. It's like asking a muslim CEO to allow his/her employees to take of their hijabs.

A corporation is not a person. A company cannot be Catholic. If the CEO of the company is Catholic, then great, I don't care, but it doesn't get rid of the company's responsibility to provide certain insurance coverage.

Your religion means something to you. It means nothing to me, and it can't be used as a legal workaround.

Refer back to my argument about the naturalist religion to see how ridiculous you sound.
__________________
Coffins: http://www.kidpub.com/story/coffins-318126128
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 09-06-2012, 08:37 PM
sigfig sigfig is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 2,220
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephiey View Post
...... can no one get this?? Okay, I get it. People want abortions. But why would you force a company to give out abortions whenever it's against their religions?? There are tons of other hospitals that can kill all the babies they want!! Okay??


..... That sounded kind of mean.... but... yeah. It's true!
The company isn't GIVING out abortions; it has to provide COVERAGE. And in the particular instance that it is a hospital: a hospital is responsible for provide healthcare to its patients. A hospital isn't Catholic or atheist or muslim. A hospital is a SERVICE.
__________________
Coffins: http://www.kidpub.com/story/coffins-318126128
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 09-06-2012, 08:40 PM
sigfig sigfig is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 2,220
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephiey View Post
There will probably be a hospital in that area, plus there's a lot of websites on the Internet that can get help for a woman who wants to get an abortion. Well... I don't really knows anything about Jehovah's Witnesses, so I can't really say anything about that.
Oh you poor, sheltered child. Not everyone has access to organizations on the internet. The internet can't help you with an abortion; you have to physically go somewhere.

The point is that if this allowance is made for Catholics, then why not, as I said, let the fictional naturalists refuse to provide chemotherapy? Why not, as LST said, allow Jehovah's witness hospitals from providing blood transfusions. A hospital is a hospital; the religion of its owner is irrelevant.
__________________
Coffins: http://www.kidpub.com/story/coffins-318126128
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 09-07-2012, 10:24 AM
Jack Jack is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Somewhere In Canada..................
Posts: 6,979
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigfig View Post
Oh you poor, sheltered child. Not everyone has access to organizations on the internet. The internet can't help you with an abortion; you have to physically go somewhere.

The point is that if this allowance is made for Catholics, then why not, as I said, let the fictional naturalists refuse to provide chemotherapy? Why not, as LST said, allow Jehovah's witness hospitals from providing blood transfusions. A hospital is a hospital; the religion of its owner is irrelevant.
Because blood transfusion's and abortions are so different, An abortion is killing a baby in the womb and a blood transfusion prevents people from dieing. Also, an abortion doesn't have to be done immediately, So if they really wanted one, they should travel to a none-Catholic hospital.
__________________
Mrs. Jensen: With him the customer was always number one. Oscar always treated people with great respect.
Oscar Leroy: [suddenly enters] Hey jackass, stop talking to this old wing-nut and pump my gas!
Brent LeRoy: Well, he's a people person.

Lacey: Karen, I'm glad you're here. Look, we need to talk about the book club.
Karen Pelly: I thought the first rule of book club was, you don't talk about book club.
Lacey: That's fight club.
Karen Pelly: How do you know about fight club?
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 09-07-2012, 11:45 AM
rebecca rebecca is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: honestly I can't even think of a witty answer anymore this is tragic
Posts: 6,818
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
Because blood transfusion's and abortions are so different, An abortion is killing a baby in the womb and a blood transfusion prevents people from dieing. Also, an abortion doesn't have to be done immediately, So if they really wanted one, they should travel to a none-Catholic hospital.
What if the abortion is saving the life of the mother?
__________________
“The enemy is anybody who's going to get you killed, no matter which side he is on.” - Joseph Heller, Catch-22
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 09-07-2012, 11:51 AM
rebecca rebecca is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: honestly I can't even think of a witty answer anymore this is tragic
Posts: 6,818
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephiey View Post



Yes, but why would they force Americans like my family and others to pay up to $40,000 extra in taxes when they can just cut government spending?




Because cutting spending alone is not solving the problem. Because whether you like it or not, you are a person in society, and you seriously need to get a grip upon reality. As I said before, it's a selfish world we live in.
__________________
“The enemy is anybody who's going to get you killed, no matter which side he is on.” - Joseph Heller, Catch-22
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 09-07-2012, 12:11 PM
cheezemziez cheezemziez is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: The Wi-Fi.
Posts: 9,199
Default

No man, or woman, is an island. Taxes go towards improving your facilities and services. You can expect to get it for free, and you can't expect people with less money to pay the same amount of taxes as richer people, when the rich people may only be rich because they happened to have more opportunities, and landed a job that pays better for a similar amount of work and effort. Some may even do less.
__________________
All my desperate calls
Echo off the walls
Back and forth
Then back again
At the bitter end
Salt and liquid blend
From the corner of my eyes
So let your heart hold fast
For this soon shall pass
There's another hill ahead.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
grandmama wants poo, i vote for my ferret

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:50 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.