Quantcast The Story Idea Adoption/Pickup Thread! - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home

Go Back   The Writer's Block > Writing > Story Ideas
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-25-2016, 01:19 PM

Default The Story Idea Adoption/Pickup Thread!

All of us have ideas that we simply can't write or hold on to because we have other projects, but that we can't simply let go of because they're so freaking good. This is the thread for those ideas. Post any lost ideas that you really love here so that everyone in writer's block (both the forum and the condition) can enjoy and use them!

I'm not going to be that one forum game creator who creates a six-page long set of rules, but if you can, edit or delete your post if it gets claimed, and claim ideas if you love them. That's only to prevent accidental plagiarism, of course. You can even post short stories or first chapters here if you'd like to. Normal forum rules apply, be nice and try to avoid arguing, etc. etc.

Adopt and post away!
Old 07-25-2016, 05:19 PM

I love this idea so much <3
I have some ideas so I'll leave them here after I finish trying to decide which ones to let go lol
Old 08-19-2016, 10:57 PM

*revives thread*
Ok so here's a little story idea
There's a small town, with narrow cobble streets and slanted buildings, where, for as long as anyone can remember, has tall stone walls, that completely circle the town. No gates, no ladders. There are a few people appointed to watch the outside, but they are all mysteriously mute. No one knows where they live, where they come from. Sometimes voices come from outside the walls, always late at night, always someone singing. Always the same song. This is the only music the town knows. No one understands the language, so it is simply called Song. Then, one day, a young girl gets out. No one knows what happened to her, but she left a note saying "went to hear Song." A ladder is found propped up against the wall. The girls twin sister is left behind. Every night, as she sleeps, she sees images of her sister float around in whirling scenes, nothing is certain, but she is alive and she is out. The sister who was left behind starts making plans to leave and find her twin, when suddenly, Song stops. The last night it was heard, the girl started hearing music in her head, music that was not Song. She kept it to herself, until the images of her sister became more desperate, more dark. So she broke out, into the night, with a song in her head.

I'll post the prologue ish thing tomorrow or the next day

Tags
adoption, butterfly, classical cat, hazel will do this later, stories, writer's block, writing