Quantcast My Awesomestical Contest is just a click away...... - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home

Go Back   The Writer's Block > KidPub Stuff > Questions, Answers, Suggestions
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-06-2011, 06:40 PM

Arrow My Awesomestical Contest is just a click away......

quotes are just one of many ways to create yourself. hello,kidpubbers! i just love quotes, don't you?? this new thread is created solely for the purpose of my newest and most exciting contest, the annual quote contest.

Here is my easy as A,B,C step by step guide to this contest:

step 1: you comment on this post with a quote that YOU MADE UP YOURSELF

step 2: wait for me to announce the results on (see below for deadline)

step 3: if your quote wins, i will put it on a poster i will make once a year for my room.

and to you there, with you hand up in the far back corner, of course I'll give you credit. your name will be listed under your quote.

extend the due date to January 24th

this will be a huge poster, so enter as many quotes as you'd like. have fun, and i will notify you if your quote won.
PRIZES:
1. i will comment on a story of your choice.
2. i will put your quote on my poster.

NOTE: there will be 20 winners, as my poster is huge!

what quotes i am looking for:[list=1]
*funny, quirky ones.
* sad, insightful ones.
*inspiring quotes.
*quotes on any activity or memory you have.
*random quotes.\
*and last but not least, any genre of quotes i didn't list here.
why not try your luck and enter multiple times?
tell your KP friends, too!

those who have already entered, i thank you. if you are not included in this list, notify me immediately!

"I dream. I dream quite a bit, actually. But, when you really want something to happen...dreaming just isn't enough." – ~Eccentricity~

I dream of a world where I can sing in the rain without anybody staring at me. -~Eccentricity~

Prunes are just big raisins. - Camille and Dominick

Weathermen lie. - Camille and Dominick

Live life to your fullest, because you never know when it'll be over~Kathryn

Life is a game of Monopoly, you will win some challenges in life, and lose some, then if you get very mad you can stomp all over it~Kathryn

"Darkness can only be present when there is no light to shine upon it."~ Rachel Kirsten
"I was born to be me, and you were born to be you. Be who you are. No one can ever replace you. Be you." -Iris (Daffodility)

"Cry me a river. I cried one for you. So it seems only fair that you'll cry me one, too." -Iris (Daffodility)

"Do you want to be a slave to your power, or a soldier to it?"-Leloo

"Nothing can hold me back from being who I am. Nothing can change me into something I'm not. And, most of all, nothing can take this freedom away from me."-Leloo
"I put a yes magic spell on top of the no magic curse, so now there will be yes magic!" From Trina the Fairy-God-Sista CarlyPip
"Be just like a freight train ; persistent, fast, always going the right way, starting right back up after you stop. Just don't be big, smelly, and making loud noises." ~katH

"Who needs work or school when you can just write all day?" ~katH

"Childhood is the awesome, loud, eighteen - year party before entering the dark, boring, coffee - smelling office of adulthood." ~kat

If you seek to do what is expected, then what is unexpected won't find you." ~ ashley

"The wise judge others, but the wisest don't." ~ ashley

"Reach for the stars. Always try harder. Never give up, unless, of course, you are offered ice cream." -Pokey

"Someday, I'm gonna prove you all wrong. I'm gonna show you that I can make my dreams come true. And someday, you're gonna regret you EVER said anything about me failing."-Lily09

"Sit Down And Think"-Jack Milliken

"The best cure for writers block,is a good dose of dreams" -Jack Milliken
"A picture may be worth a thousand words, but I'm sure willing to write those one thousand words." -Lilly

"but i don't want to walk in your footsteps. I won't go down the road that's old and beaten and stained with the blood of all those failures and I won't be the guinea pig. I'm going to beat a new trail, and when I'm done I'll let the weeds grow back over it, and have a little peace in my new home."~GabiDi

"You have no idea what's like to be alone. You need to learn. I'm tired of your cruelty and rudeness to everyone here. Go alone in your poor, dark, cave."-Lilly

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE, AND HAVE FUN! WINNERS WILL BE ANNOUNCE IN A POST I WILL MAKE ON JANUARY 25th.

Last edited by SamIAm; 01-14-2011 at 11:18 PM.
Old 01-08-2011, 06:46 PM

Cool ice cream

"Reach for the stars. Always try harder. Never give up, unless, of course, you are offered ice cream." -Pokey
Old 01-08-2011, 08:30 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to lvhamsters

Cool contest! But I have a question, what is the maximum quotes that you can write???
Old 01-08-2011, 11:53 PM

"Someday, I'm gonna prove you all wrong. I'm gonna show you that I can make my dreams come true. And someday, you're gonna regret you EVER said anything about me failing."-Me
Old 01-09-2011, 06:35 PM

"A picture may be worth a thousand words, but I'm sure willing to write those one thousand words." -Me

Yes, I do realize this quote is in my signature.

queer power, queer pride.
Old 01-10-2011, 10:26 AM

"The best cure for writers block,is a good dose of dreams" -Jack Milliken

Lacey: Karen, I'm glad you're here. Look, we need to talk about the book club.
Karen Pelly: I thought the first rule of book club was, you don't talk about book club.
Lacey: That's fight club.
Karen Pelly: How do you know about fight club?
Old 01-12-2011, 09:31 PM

as many as you want!
Old 01-13-2011, 07:50 PM

"You have no idea what's like to be alone. You need to learn. I'm tired of your cruelty and rudeness to everyone here. Go alone in your poor, dark, cave."-Me, on part of a big rant I said to my "friend" after she kept torturing (not literally, but you know what I mean) my real friends...

queer power, queer pride.
Old 01-14-2011, 08:06 PM

But I don't want to walk in your footsteps. I won't go down the road that's old and beaten and stained with the blood of all those failures and I won't be the guinea pig. I'm going to beat a new trail, and when I'm done I'll let the weeds grow back over it, and have a little peace in my new home.~Me

-Douglas Adams
Old 01-14-2011, 11:22 PM

i haven't really had much experience with writers block. what does it mean when you are a senior or junior member? does it mean how many posts you have? or how long you've been a member? I'm confused!