Quantcast Ferguson - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home
Old 11-27-2014, 07:53 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to venika
Angry Ferguson

so yeah i'm sure everyone knows about the situation in ferguson
opinions?

(i definitely am against his murder... the officer should have been charged, it's awful. http://www.kidpub.com/story/another-...comment-413528 <<< my opinion abt this... too lazy to paste it in here. XD)
Old 11-27-2014, 10:32 AM

It wasn't murder, it was self-defense, and his duty. Simple as that :I
Old 11-27-2014, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostblaze View Post
ok i hope this doesn't offend you but...
it wasn't self defense
he (michael brown) literally did not do anything to provoke defense
he was like 148 meters away from darren wilson when he was shot
and besides officers should know how to handle things calmly
why are white people allowed to take part in school shootings and such events and be brought in alive
michael brown literally only committed a couple of petty crimes, if at all. the punching thing and the wrestling the gun away are debatable. he didn't deserve to die for that...

sorry but the killing of an 18 year old who had his hands up in surrender is unjustifiable to me
Old 11-27-2014, 11:22 AM

Quote:
http://takemeelsewherex.tumblr.com/post/103728215824
http://biliusronald.tumblr.com/post/...child-he-was-a

check these out
Old 11-27-2014, 11:23 AM

tbh I don't know the details of the issue and probably shouldn't have posted my opinion on Jamie's post but I think that yes racism is still a very real problem in our country and honestly maybe it always will be. I will not say whether I believe Ferguson is innocent or guilty but I think that we need to be aware of racial discrimination.
That goes for all races. We cannot simply assume that because a white officer shot a black man that that is a hate crime. Not to say that in this case it was, because I am not qualified to make that argument, but just to have you guys keep that in mind.
I think we can all agree, though, that racism is still alive. My cousin, who married a black man and has mixed race kids, has told me that her son was handcuffed and pulled over his car's bumper by a police officer simply because his tail light was out. That is not okay, and neither is any form of discrimination or stereotyping, especially in places such as the police force which are supposed to keep our citizens safe and provide a sense of security.
idk what I'm saying but just be aware that racism is not dead. Racism on all sides, I would like to add, although admittedly it is more prevalent on one side.
But we have made a lot of progress since the past and I think that much more progress can be made if we keep awareness up.
Okay I'm done because this kind of got off topic but yeah.
Old 11-27-2014, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ember View Post
tbh I don't know the details of the issue and probably shouldn't have posted my opinion on Jamie's post but I think that yes racism is still a very real problem in our country and honestly maybe it always will be. I will not say whether I believe Ferguson is innocent or guilty but I think that we need to be aware of racial discrimination.
That goes for all races. We cannot simply assume that because a white officer shot a black man that that is a hate crime. Not to say that in this case it was, because I am not qualified to make that argument, but just to have you guys keep that in mind.
I think we can all agree, though, that racism is still alive. My cousin, who married a black man and has mixed race kids, has told me that her son was handcuffed and pulled over his car's bumper by a police officer simply because his tail light was out. That is not okay, and neither is any form of discrimination or stereotyping, especially in places such as the police force which are supposed to keep our citizens safe and provide a sense of security.
idk what I'm saying but just be aware that racism is not dead. Racism on all sides, I would like to add, although admittedly it is more prevalent on one side.
But we have made a lot of progress since the past and I think that much more progress can be made if we keep awareness up.
yes i agree 100% with the fact that there def is racism today and it sucks
the problem with this case is that there is a lack of evidence
in my opinion michael was innocent and the officer was guilty but i can't force anyone to support my opinion... :3
>.<

Last edited by venika; 11-27-2014 at 11:38 AM.
Old 11-27-2014, 01:04 PM

Personally, I don't really know what to think, except that apparently there's a lot of contradictory evidence. So I do wish that there was a trial, or will be a trial despite the grand jury's ruling.
finally
free

or is this
just a prettier
cage?
Old 11-27-2014, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ember View Post
We know that just because a white officer shot a black man it doesn't make it a hate crime, but when you look at the statistics, the evidence, the way that this case was treated, and Darren Wilson's background it's clear that this IS a race issue.
I would like to point out that racism is institutional. You cannot be racist to white people in the US. White people can be discriminated against for being white, but they DO NOT face racism. White people benefit from racism. We are taught from a very young age that white people are superior, maybe not by words or violence (though some of us do face that), but through representation in media, commercials, idols, etc. Please do not tell me that I'm generalizing things, because when people of color generalize white people, white people get offended. When white people generalize people of color, people of color get killed.

Last edited by Lily09; 11-27-2014 at 01:54 PM.
Old 11-27-2014, 01:51 PM

Quote:
nononononnon he shot michael twice in the head which goes right against self-defense protocol
Quote:
Originally Posted by venika View Post
ok i hope this doesn't offend you but...
it wasn't self defense
he (michael brown) literally did not do anything to provoke defense
he was like 148 meters away from darren wilson when he was shot
and besides officers should know how to handle things calmly
why are white people allowed to take part in school shootings and such events and be brought in alive
michael brown literally only committed a couple of petty crimes, if at all. the punching thing and the wrestling the gun away are debatable. he didn't deserve to die for that...

sorry but the killing of an 18 year old who had his hands up in surrender is unjustifiable to me
agree 100%
Old 11-27-2014, 01:54 PM

Oh just a sidenote they never found the cigarettes or whatever he supposedly """"""stole""""" on his body So

Tags
brwn = innocent, brwn ws in the wrong, mr. potato will get you