Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home

Go Back   The Writer's Block > Writing > Never Ending Stories
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-06-2018, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrostBittenKitten View Post
erm good question

maybe they could somehow find out about each other's powers? like there's this thing that at the least causes them to be suspicious of them? maybe all of them got a similar cryptic text message about it for example and someone is like hunting them or whatever?
Yes yes yes! Thank you for that amazing idea. I think I'm going to start, if anyone has any more chars, put it in the quote form please. Thanks!
Old 08-06-2018, 09:06 AM

"Okay. First day of your senior year of high school." Olivia repeated that again and again and again as she walked into the building. She looked at everybody hanging around waiting for class to start. Suddenly her phone buzzed. She checked it. It was from a texter she didn't know. She wanted to scream, but she couldn't. Ever since her phone number had been leaked out to the media, she had started not bringing her phone with her anywhere. Her parents wouldn't let her get a new number, and they had made her bring her phone to school with her on the first day, 'for safety reasons'. Honestly, she felt more safe with her phone at home, but whatever. She opened up Candy Crush and tried to relax, so she would appear normal. That didn't stop an excited freshman to come running up to her.
"Hey, hey hey! You are Olivia Chandlyr! Why weren't you here last year!?"
"I think I know I'm Olivia Chandlyr," she mumbled so the freshman couldn't hear. "I transferred. I was homeschooled all my life."
"Woah! Luckieeeeeeeee! I wish I was homeschooled. There are some mean brats here." Then the freshman ran off to tell her friends about Olivia. Soon everyone was whispering. She ran into the bathroom and locked herself in the handicapped stall. She wished she as still homeschooled. But then, she had to go to class, and she was late, of all things. This was turning out to be the worst day ever. She quickly figured out that she could've used her mind persuasion to get herself out of this, but what good would that do? Then she would just be tired for the rest of class. She had also promised herself she wouldn't do that. She sighed, and let the day play out before her unwilling eyes.
Old 08-06-2018, 11:45 AM

Olive was super excited that her mom was finally allowing her to drive to school. Her mom had been kind of strict about cars in the past but now she finally had her own car and was driving to school. She felt immensely cool getting out of the parking lot and into the school.

“Why weren’t you on the bus?” Her friend and bandmate Max demanded. “I had to sit by myself.”

“Okay, that’s so not true,” Olive replied. “You make friends super easily. Don’t lie to me.” Max shrugged. Then Olive felt a buzz in her pocket. Well, that’s weird...she thought. She didn’t expect to get any text messages, seeing as how most of her friends were at school.

“Dude, who texted you?” Max asked. Olive rolled her eyes at him and pulled out her phone.

“Some weird number,” Olive replied. “It’s probably a wrong number again.”

Max nodded. “You should mess with them,” he suggested with a michievous grin. Then his phone went off. “What the-?” He checked it only to find a text from the same number. “Okay this is a bit odd.” He showed it to Olive, who frowned in thought.

“Yeah, that’s certainly weird,” she agreed. “By the way, have you seen Skye lately? I know it’s their senior year, but they can’t totally abandon us!”

Max shrugged. “Nope, haven’t seen them yet.”

will i ever be more than i've always been

tap, tap, tapping on the glass

Waving through a window
Old 08-06-2018, 02:21 PM

Name: Iseul Norwood
Age and Year: 16, sophomore
Personality: Iseul is meticulous and always overthinks things, with a dose of paranoia caused by the unreliability of his powers. Very pleasant to talk to but surprisingly more of a loner. He likes to flirt a lot, but has a shyness about him that works as part of his charm. Generally passive and doesn't like attention, but doesn't particularly take measures to avoid it, just gets shy. Average grades, more of a daydreamer than a hard worker. That one kid who gets As on every test despite not paying attention in class and rarely doing his homework.
Appearance: Iseul has silky black hair, wavy and choppy, which goes down to his shoulders. He is half-European half-Korean, with delicate features and light brown eyes with long lashes. Because of his features, long hair, and often gender-nonconforming fashion choices, he's often mistaken for a girl. Doesn't really care because it makes it easier to flirt with guys who think they're straight, but that's not why he presents this way. He's super-fashionable and is always wearing expensive designer shit, even though he's not particularly keen on attracting attention. He's 5'7" and slender.
Power: strong but very unreliable precognition (clear, very detailed visions of possible futures, but futures are changing all the time and many of his visions never come to pass, so it's far from 100% accurate. For instance he might have a vision of an 0.1% probability situation as if it is a certainty)
Gender: cis dude even tho he presents very feminine and is mistaken for a girl a lot lol
Sexuality: gay as shit
Other: interested in shipping with Johnathan =w=. Costume department for theatre club. Speaks English and Korean fluently. Only child of rich, elite parents. Lowkey passive-aggressively rebellious but overall he and his parents have an ok relationship. His parents know about his powers and are very insistent that he keeps them under wraps.

OwO

One more to go
Old 08-06-2018, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverMoon View Post
Name: Iseul Norwood
Age and Year: 16, sophomore
Personality: Iseul is meticulous and always overthinks things, with a dose of paranoia caused by the unreliability of his powers. Very pleasant to talk to but surprisingly more of a loner. He likes to flirt a lot, but has a shyness about him that works as part of his charm. Generally passive and doesn't like attention, but doesn't particularly take measures to avoid it, just gets shy. Average grades, more of a daydreamer than a hard worker. That one kid who gets As on every test despite not paying attention in class and rarely doing his homework.
Appearance: Iseul has silky black hair, wavy and choppy, which goes down to his shoulders. He is half-European half-Korean, with delicate features and light brown eyes with long lashes. Because of his features, long hair, and often gender-nonconforming fashion choices, he's often mistaken for a girl. Doesn't really care because it makes it easier to flirt with guys who think they're straight, but that's not why he presents this way. He's super-fashionable and is always wearing expensive designer shit, even though he's not particularly keen on attracting attention. He's 5'7" and slender.
Power: strong but very unreliable precognition (clear, very detailed visions of possible futures, but futures are changing all the time and many of his visions never come to pass, so it's far from 100% accurate. For instance he might have a vision of an 0.1% probability situation as if it is a certainty)
Gender: cis dude even tho he presents very feminine and is mistaken for a girl a lot lol
Sexuality: gay as shit
Other: interested in shipping with Johnathan =w=. Costume department for theatre club. Speaks English and Korean fluently. Only child of rich, elite parents. Lowkey passive-aggressively rebellious but overall he and his parents have an ok relationship. His parents know about his powers and are very insistent that he keeps them under wraps.

OwO

One more to go
I’m screaming yes 100% on board with this ship
Old 08-06-2018, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steampunk View Post
I’m screaming yes 100% on board with this ship
Im GLAD im super hyped to be working/shipping with you, here's the last one~

Name: Sunil Kumar
Age and Year: 17, junior
Personality: A giant puppy. Local sunshine. Very bright and social but surprisingly perceptive and accommodating, like having a gentle touch when talking to less social or easily overwhelmed classmates. A loud, funny dork with the most dad sense of humor ever. He's pretty much impossible to hate. Boundless enthusiasm for everything, including schoolwork, but it isn't thoughtless. He deals with a lot of depression and has made a lot of effort to see the bright side of things so he has a reason to keep going.
Appearance: Sunil is a buff dude with awkwardly long limbs. He's Bangladeshi with dark brown skin, angular features, and a literally blinding white smile. His eyes are a roundish almond shape and brown, while his hair is short, dark brown, and very messy. Always wearing hilarious graphic tees and skinny jeans. Very hot but also very goofy, always laughing and with a tic of awkwardly rubbing his neck.
Power: crustacean manipulation (has a mental bond with and can control crustaceans. Has a ridiculous amount of hermit crabs which are mostly what he uses it for. Also once caused chaos at a seafood restaurant because he hates seeing crustaceans as food and controlled the lobsters in the tanks to escape. No one except his mom and sister can connect that incident to him lol.)
Sexuality: The pansexualest.
Other: interested in shipping with leon(a). Basketball, shooting guard. Speaks English, Bengali, and a bit of Burmese. Lives with his mom and little sister, both of whom he loves very much and both of whom more or less know about his powers. His six year old sister calls him "King of the Crabs" and "Lord of the Lobsters". It's adorable.
Old 08-06-2018, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverMoon View Post
Im GLAD im super hyped to be working/shipping with you, here's the last one~

Name: Sunil Kumar
Age and Year: 17, junior
Personality: A giant puppy. Local sunshine. Very bright and social but surprisingly perceptive and accommodating, like having a gentle touch when talking to less social or easily overwhelmed classmates. A loud, funny dork with the most dad sense of humor ever. He's pretty much impossible to hate. Boundless enthusiasm for everything, including schoolwork, but it isn't thoughtless. He deals with a lot of depression and has made a lot of effort to see the bright side of things so he has a reason to keep going.
Appearance: Sunil is a buff dude with awkwardly long limbs. He's Bangladeshi with dark brown skin, angular features, and a literally blinding white smile. His eyes are a roundish almond shape and brown, while his hair is short, dark brown, and very messy. Always wearing hilarious graphic tees and skinny jeans. Very hot but also very goofy, always laughing and with a tic of awkwardly rubbing his neck.
Power: crustacean manipulation (has a mental bond with and can control crustaceans. Has a ridiculous amount of hermit crabs which are mostly what he uses it for. Also once caused chaos at a seafood restaurant because he hates seeing crustaceans as food and controlled the lobsters in the tanks to escape. No one except his mom and sister can connect that incident to him lol.)
Sexuality: The pansexualest.
Other: interested in shipping with leon(a). Basketball, shooting guard. Speaks English, Bengali, and a bit of Burmese. Lives with his mom and little sister, both of whom he loves very much and both of whom more or less know about his powers. His six year old sister calls him "King of the Crabs" and "Lord of the Lobsters". It's adorable.
Yes same! Ack but now I’m worried I won’t live up to the expectation oh no

Also I love Sunil he’s such a good fit??? How do you??? You’re magical
Old 08-06-2018, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steampunk View Post
Yes same! Ack but now I’m worried I won’t live up to the expectation oh no

Also I love Sunil he’s such a good fit??? How do you??? You’re magical
No worries~ I'm sure you'll do well and it's all in good fun

Also thank you wow? I guess it's because my entire life is spent shipping characters? And psychoanalyzing their compatibilities? Idk lol
Sooo shall we get started with the babies?
Old 08-06-2018, 05:51 PM

Oh geez how to introduce three characters who have little to no connections at the same time... T_T

Today was a very good day for Johnathan. To him, the first day of school was always a good day. There were new opportunities to take, new friends to make, and new cute girls to woo.
Before his mind had time to even decide where he was going, his feet had already begun to take him towards a group of people, prepared to start his day off on the right foot.
But before he could reach them, he felt the persistent buzz in his pocket that signified a text on his phone. With a small groan, he pulled out his phone to see who in the world had texted him so close to the start of school. His frown only deepened when he saw who it was from.
An unknown number... how strange.

—-
Leona was not in a good mood today. Students of various ages all crowded far too close, every brush of a touchy boy’s hand or excited shriek of a freshman sent her nerves fizzling and her head throbbing. God, did she wish she had brought some painkillers.
She quickly made her way to the most secluded spot she could find and sat there, legs folded neatly under her, only partially covered by her dark blue and green skirt. Her various notebooks and folders were spread out before her and she was hard at work reorganizing her scattered papers when her phone buzzed with a text.
More than a little irritable at having been interrupted, she pulled it out. She glanced at it only briefly, and after seeing an unknown number she didn’t spare it a second glance. She didn’t have time for what was likely just a prank.
She continued working.

—-
Alice had never been the best at keeping track of time. It was why, thirty minutes before school was supposed to start, she had yet to even begin getting ready. She had been tending to her many plants, and hadn’t realized what time it was until her phone’s ringtone had sung to tell her she had gotten a text. She picked it up but never actually looked at the text, as her eyes were immediately drawn to the large numbers on the screen, telling her what time it was.
She gasped and hurried to gather her things. There was no way she was going to be late for the first day of school again.
It wasn’t until she had finally rushed out the door and speed walked to the school that she remembered the text. Pulling out her phone, she was met with a number she didn’t recognize. Curiously, she opened it up and attempted to read it while walking. Unfortunately, she was not nearly as aware of her surroundings as she should have been, and she ended up colliding with another person, the phone dropping from her hands.

(Guys what exactly does the text say?)
Old 08-06-2018, 10:49 PM

I'll post when I get back from the gym! Super excited to write for and ship these babies!

Tags
derp, eyyy bi pride, i love kp, ispan, kayla makes 2 many threds, kayla was here, the best ships