Quantcast Short Story NES - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home
Old 05-29-2010, 03:02 PM

Thumbs up Short Story NES

I just wanted to make a compillation of KidPub's best... SHORT STORIES! Like a big book condensed into a short book. There is no topic, just WRITE short stories. Say at the end whether I have permission to publish it under YOUR name.
Please enter! I will do the first post.
Old 05-29-2010, 03:13 PM

Default Yom HaShoah (posted on KidPub)

I ran my fingers over the stone wall, feeling the names under my hand. Through that wall I could feel the pain, desperation, fear. The hopeful and the hopeless. The cries of the old and young, falling to the bullets of prejudice. Remembering, my ears filled with the sound of a blasting siren, and my mind's eye saw the frozen streets of Israel, as we all remember the fallen and broken. An old memory ran through my head, almost as if seen on an ancient projector. The mothers and their small babies, old men and young boys, all lined up to be shot down. I was peering down that line trying to see what was over the line of broad shoulders in front of me. A little girl, no more, no less, oblivious to the fact that in a day I would be an orphan. I stood behind my parents. I was excited to get to the front, thinking there was some sort of reward there. I thought wrong. I saw my father walk into the room and a minute later I heard seven guns go off at once. I kept waiting for my father to come out, for us to return to our little home, but it never happened. Then my mother walked in, kissing me on the forehead one last time, bouncing my red curls, looking into my blue eyes. I heard the seven guns go off again. I waited at that place for days, even after the killing was over, waiting for mama and papa, but they never came back out. The siren in my head stopped, and I was swung at a sickening rate back to the present day, my hand still touching the names engraved into the stone. 5.9 million names, all with a story behind them. But I wasn't here for their story, I was here for mine.
Old 07-08-2012, 03:38 PM

Wow. This was a failure of a thread.
Old 07-08-2012, 04:51 PM

I'm writing a story at the moment. :3

and I'll use you as a
w a r n i n g
s i g n
that if you talk enough sense, then you'll lose your mind

- I Found, by Amber Run
Old 07-08-2012, 06:46 PM

That last day. The raindrops spit against my umbrella. It was the last day of the trip, and everything went wrong. It was such an innocent trip, riding up the mountain-side on a tram. My parent's were so happy, sitting in a seat in front of me. Laughter, and oohs and ahhs rang across the snowy hills as we rode up to ski down the mountain. Suddenly, the tram stopped, jerking, leaving us swinging on the benches in midair. And just as suddenly, my parents were gone. I didn't see them fall. They were simply gone, snuffed out, disappeared. And now I am wandering the hill, searching for them. They must have fallen somewhere in the snow. The rain had started a few hours ago, turning from a drizzle to a pelting downpour. Unlike other stories, this one might not have a happy ending.

"Mo-o-om! Da-a-ad? Heeeellooooo?"

"Sweetheart?"

What? Was was that?

"Honey? Is that you? It is!"

Mom?

"Dan! I found her!"

I turned around to see my parents, their faces tear streaked and red. It was a happy ending after all.
greatly exaggerated.
-- Mark Twain
Old 07-09-2012, 12:02 AM

I might write one tomorrow.
they'd lead me to y o u

Tags
awesome