Quantcast Continuing Story Ideas? -.-' - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home

Go Back   The Writer's Block > Writing > Story Ideas
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05-14-2013, 05:15 PM
camikat camikat is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: actualizing things
Posts: 8,144
Default Continuing Story Ideas? -.-'

Does anyone have any advice on how to actually carry out stories? I've got masses of ideas floating around in my head, but I never have the attention span to continue them.

Help?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05-14-2013, 05:46 PM
MaggieMay MaggieMay is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: ������������7
Posts: 4,555
Send a message via Skype™ to MaggieMay
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by camikat View Post
Does anyone have any advice on how to actually carry out stories? I've got masses of ideas floating around in my head, but I never have the attention span to continue them.

Help?
This may sound like a bad idea, but it's what I do to myself: force yourself to keep writing. Whenever you think, "Oh, this idea is a piece of crap and I'm going to just throw it out," push your fingers on the keyboard to keep typing, or even write a minor scene outside of the story itself with your characters. Something so that you don't get up.

But on a simpler side, I'd suggest pulling out one idea you've had in your head and you'll be able to expand on and setting up a whole plan for it: synopsis, characters and their personalities, plot, layout, etc. You don't have to stick exactly to what you have at first, but it's a good way to structure yourself so you have more knowledge about the story and, in the end, it helps you to keep writing.

Hope I helped! ^.^
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-14-2013, 05:52 PM
Arin Arin is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: the place where the nilent wedding is
Posts: 1,994
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by camikat View Post
Does anyone have any advice on how to actually carry out stories? I've got masses of ideas floating around in my head, but I never have the attention span to continue them.

Help?
If you have an idea, then write it out before you forget it. If you get frustrated with it, leave and work on a piece you're not having WB on, and keep switching around. That way, you get a lot done.
__________________
the only thing worst than having a spider in your room is losing a spider in your room

-relatable post #234
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-14-2013, 05:52 PM
camikat camikat is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: actualizing things
Posts: 8,144
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaggieMay View Post
This may sound like a bad idea, but it's what I do to myself: force yourself to keep writing. Whenever you think, "Oh, this idea is a piece of crap and I'm going to just throw it out," push your fingers on the keyboard to keep typing, or even write a minor scene outside of the story itself with your characters. Something so that you don't get up.

But on a simpler side, I'd suggest pulling out one idea you've had in your head and you'll be able to expand on and setting up a whole plan for it: synopsis, characters and their personalities, plot, layout, etc. You don't have to stick exactly to what you have at first, but it's a good way to structure yourself so you have more knowledge about the story and, in the end, it helps you to keep writing.


Hope I helped! ^.^
Thank you! :] I'll keep your advice in mind.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-14-2013, 05:53 PM
camikat camikat is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: actualizing things
Posts: 8,144
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arin View Post
If you have an idea, then write it out before you forget it. If you get frustrated with it, leave and work on a piece you're not having WB on, and keep switching around. That way, you get a lot done.
Thank you as well.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
advice, h story ideas, pi pie, story

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:12 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.