Quantcast Stuck In Something Of Some Sort Somehow NES Development Thread - Page 9 - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home

Go Back   The Writer's Block > Writing > Never Ending Stories
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-02-2016, 08:34 PM

Location: Let's say I'm in a spaceship with a flying unicorn, a potato, and a basket of useless items

(@Lydia, no, you didn't mention that... but it's fine, it goes with his personality!)
(@Norah: I'm kind of on and off too... I haven't been here since I posted the starting post)!

Luckily, Jennifer heard Connor's call... this once. Usually, when she's coding, she turns up her music up waaaaay too high and can't hear anybody. But of course, she didn't really want to start coding now... I mean, seriously, they were in such a peculiar situation! Who would want to blast their music when they were somewhere that was completely red?

Jennifer turned around to see Connor, up in the tree behind her. How did he get up there? Then she turned to her right and saw Hunter sitting on a... red couch?!? Oh, she was so jealous... She was just stuck sitting on this too-stable-to-be-true bush. She was surprised she wasn't falling into it. It probably was just as comfortable as the couch, but it wasn't the same... (Not to steal what you typed earlier, Lydia, but did I mention that Jennifer can be a real couch potato? I guess not...)

"I think I know where we are..." Jennifer said, to no one in particular.
~~~~~ My NES organization site: https://sites.google.com/site/gatewaymansionsite/ ~~~~~ My editing business: https://www.kidpub.com/forum3/showth...927#post599927 ~~~~~ My stories: https://www.kidpub.com/users/arabellasaura ~~~~~

Last edited by ArabellasAura; 07-02-2016 at 08:35 PM. Reason: indentation... INDENTATION!!!
Old 07-02-2016, 09:59 PM

(Uh, do you mean Luna? And you said it was okay for our characters to see the actions of the others right? If you don't want me to say anything about what your characters do, I won't )

"Well, where then?" Liza asked Jennifer, sounding slightly irritated that she had just been randomly transported to an unknown place. The fact that red was one of her least favorite colors didn't help matters, either.

Jennifer jumped at the sound, trying to figure out where the voice had come from. There was an annoyed cough from the bush next to her, where Liza's face was barely visible.

"Yes," Liza muttered bitterly. "I've been eaten by a red bush."

Last edited by Read_Write; 07-02-2016 at 10:08 PM.
Old 07-03-2016, 01:52 AM

(wait so are they all in the same place?? im confused but here goes)

Hayden's shock of bright green hair stood out starkly against the red. The color was eerie, especially considering its intensity and omnipresence and the fact that they had been in the lab literally mere seconds ago. Hayden's mind accepted that they had probably been transported to an unfamiliar, unsettling location, and their body followed suit moments later, growing cold and clammy. The sudden change was near terrifying, and Hayden attempted to mentally overpower the impending panic creeping into their system.

Statistics. Statistics. Think about statistics. If Hayden had managed to survive a similar unprecedented, unplanned situation in the past, then the odds of pulling through again should be high.

Upon somehow extracting themself from their internal turmoil and contemplations, Hayden registered the surroundings once more, looking past the red, and realized that the others who had been in the lab were present as well. What was going on?

(someone tell me if i did anything wrong aha)
Old 07-03-2016, 02:14 AM

Hunter frowned and crossed his arms. "Anyone know where we are?" He asked, leaning against a tree.
Everyone seemed to be accounted for, that was good. Nobody appeared to be hurt. So now he just had to figure out where they were.
(Sorry all my stuff is going to be short for the moment, I'm busy)
Old 07-03-2016, 09:24 AM

Location: Let's say I'm in a spaceship with a flying unicorn, a potato, and a basket of useless items

(@Lydia: Sorry, I did mean Luna. I didn't mean to confuse you! Yes, characters can see each other's actions. If you control other characters, just make sure you don't make them do anything that would make a huge change. I was fine with what you did with Jennifer earlier. The characters are supposed to find out where they are and if everyone's okay, which everyone is, so that was perfectly fine for the situation.
@Sravani: Hopefully I have your name right. Yes, all the characters are in the same place. They will be in close proximity to one another, maybe in a tree, in a bush, on a couch, or whatever you can think of. I personally think this starting scenery will be important to other levels. You just have to come up with something for your character to stand on, sit on, or whatever.
@Norah: It's fine... I may not be on here as much just because it's summer.
@Everyone: Feel free to ask whatever you want to... since this is the first time I have made an NES it may be rough. I will try and make it as smooth as possible!)

Jennifer saw Liza in the bush and smiled at the scene. But she quickly hid her smile because she didn't want to upset her.
"Here, I'll help you out. My bush was pretty stable, but I don't really know what happened to yours," Jennifer said, reaching out her hand. "I can tell the location once we're all together... sounds reasonable?"
~~~~~ My NES organization site: https://sites.google.com/site/gatewaymansionsite/ ~~~~~ My editing business: https://www.kidpub.com/forum3/showth...927#post599927 ~~~~~ My stories: https://www.kidpub.com/users/arabellasaura ~~~~~
Old 07-03-2016, 09:30 AM

Connor frowned. "Hey guys!" he said. "How I am I supposed to get out of this tree?!" He glanced nervously at the ground, realizing he was kind of high up. It wasn't that he was afraid of heights or anything; they just made him nervous.

(@Kaitlyn: ok cool, and I kinda guessed you meant me)

"that's rough buddy"
Old 07-03-2016, 09:52 AM

(@Luna: I'm glad you figured it out! I get things mixed up form time to time)

Jennifer looked up at Connor. Yup, that was kind of high up. And since she was afraid of heights, she wouldn't go climbing up the tree to get him. She's just not that kind of person.
"Uh... I guess you can jump?" Jennifer said, unsure of what to do.
Old 07-03-2016, 10:29 AM

(@kaitlyn ahh ok thanks! im bad at thinking of things but since there isn't a theme ill pick a random object xD and yes you got my name right ^-^)

While watching the others figure things out themselves, Hayden realized that the entire world had a strange pattern to it. Everywhere they looked were...bunnies? What the heck? They took a step forward and ended up slipping. Hayden lunged forward, fingers grasping for anything, and brushed something plastic-like before they failed to stabilize themself and fell ungracefully (and loudly).

Opaque red consumed them from all sides instantaneously and Hayden wondered for an incredulous, fleeting moment, Is this the end?

But then they looked up and realized that the world wasn't patterned with bunnies, and that they had just slipped in a crimson bathtub.

Trying to ignore the stares, Hayden shakily stood up and reached out to brush aside the translucent shower curtain. Their fingers prodded the material, but it stubbornly stood unrelenting. Panic started slowly coursing through Hayden's veins once more. They took a deep breath, knowing there was no other option.

"Help!" Hayden screamed, cheeks already reddening at the embarrassing situation. "I'm trapped in this bathtub!"
Old 07-03-2016, 11:45 AM

Connor heard Hayden's shouts and chuckled to himself. "Well I'm trapped in a tree!" he called back. Then he laughed. "I'm stuck in a tree!" Connor hadn't climbed a tree since he was ten, but he slowly--very, very slowly--began to make his way down. Then about half way down his foot got stuck. "Ahh! My foot's stuck!" he cried, while shaking it to get it unstuck. For someone as smart as him, he sure acted stupid sometimes. Then he got his foot loose and fell ungracefully on his bottom. "Ow," he muttered.

"that's rough buddy"
Old 07-03-2016, 12:21 PM

Hunter rolled his eyes. They were all acting idiotic. Sighing, he walked over to Hayden's bathtub and grabbed the symbol hanging from around his neck, causing it to turn into a sword. he then forced the sword through the material of the curtain and made an opening large enough for Hayden to slip through. "Out." He commanded. Glancing over he saw Conner fall gracelessly to the ground and he smirked slightly.

Last edited by Steampunk; 07-03-2016 at 12:34 PM.

Tags
ㅋㅋㅋ, hello sammimon roll, hi kaitlyn, kaitlyn was here, luna was here, sammimon roll was here, sup luna, thx ppl who "hi kaitlyn"